Constructive criticism of new matching Algorithm - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Constructive criticism of new matching Algorithm

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Yep. And that's what every single guild who has to face top3 feels like.
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    We had the same problem .
    My guild was around 1500, our highest player is 1.4mil our next is 1.1 and I am 970k.
    We have 38 members . We got matched up with a 1 person guild whose def was 2.7 mil and lower level than most of us . He killed us . Then we were matched up against a 22 player guild whose highest player was 768, but he was level 134.
    I'm level 175 and didnt score more than 200 points . They beat us by 7000.

Post Count
    Our matchups were okay this time, although we did get 2 of the top 3. We were Top 50 last time and Top 25 this time. We don't even try to get the 50 wins -- i don't think we are meant to. I think it's Gree's way of trying to break up the Top teams and make things more competitive.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    Our matchups were okay this time, although we did get 2 of the top 3. We were Top 50 last time and Top 25 this time. We don't even try to get the 50 wins -- i don't think we are meant to. I think it's Gree's way of trying to break up the Top teams and make things more competitive.
    We noticed that every time we are near the end of a streak, we get a top10 guild. We are top100.
    And got the same few top10s a few times, which is strange considering there are so many guilds out there.
    KA ID 688659891

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JanKA View Post
    We noticed that every time we are near the end of a streak, we get a top10 guild. We are top100.
    And got the same few top10s a few times, which is strange considering there are so many guilds out there.
    Yeah we had the same thing happen, usually with about 2 wins to go.

Post Count
    elgorithm is no bueno

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Tough matches are going to happen and close matches make the game fun.
    Every guild deserves a chance at winning a match!
    Battles should be matched mainly by ranking in my opinion, then things like this would not happen.
    After every battle your current rank would dictate your next match.
    1-5
    3-10
    7-18
    12-25
    20-40
    30-60
    50-100
    80-160
    120-250
    200-400
    300-600
    450-900
    700-1500
    1000-......

Starting match could be made from previous war rank.

Just my opinion

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    You have to change your strategy to play against these super guilds. My strategy. I quit Kingdom Age. We faced too many guilds we couldn't get a single win on. And we are a top 100 guild. This is the way Gree wants to go. I want to go another. Now I have lots of free time on my hands.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigfried View Post
    Now I have lots of free time on my hands.
    Then everything is fine, right?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    We can't have it both ways. We said we didn't want to face the same guilds over and over and they did a good job of that this time. We also complained that matching was too slow so they fixed that. Now we're saying that we don't want to fight powerful guilds. The problem is that the more people close to your level you beat, the fewer opponents you will have to match to. You can either wait it out for a new guild close to your level declares or you can adapt in other ways. Things will never be tailored to fit your individual expectations. There are too many people involved for that.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexius View Post
    We can't have it both ways. We said we didn't want to face the same guilds over and over and they did a good job of that this time. We also complained that matching was too slow so they fixed that. Now we're saying that we don't want to fight powerful guilds. The problem is that the more people close to your level you beat, the fewer opponents you will have to match to. You can either wait it out for a new guild close to your level declares or you can adapt in other ways. Things will never be tailored to fit your individual expectations. There are too many people involved for that.
    Yep, I agree

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Actually, going back to my OP, I think we should be able to get relatively fast matches against guilds of a similar "power" or "strength" as was written and advertised on this forum by Gree employees. That's all I'm asking for, so I don't think I'm asking for it both ways? The algorithm is flawed and needs editing; simple as that really IMO.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    There is always going to be someone complaining, too many people/guilds to make everyone happy. Everyone only wants what is best for their character and when things don't go their way they will complain

Banned
    Post Count
    What a load or crap, we are a top 300 guild, middle of the road and we fought at least 2 guilds 3 times. Twitch 100's of guilds within 1 bracket of us, why would we even see 1 a second mime, let along a 3rd? Everything is broke abuout the system from what most all average guilds are saying, notice who isn't complaining? We having FUN yet?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Randy View Post
    What a load or crap, we are a top 300 guild, middle of the road and we fought at least 2 guilds 3 times. Twitch 100's of guilds within 1 bracket of us, why would we even see 1 a second mime, let along a 3rd? Everything is broke abuout the system from what most all average guilds are saying, notice who isn't complaining? We having FUN yet?
    Agree completely. Yeah I know I commented during the wars, but the matching for us was horrible. As a top 200 guild, we were matched against Angry Red Heads two out of three times, one of the high SB guilds, FUN, and two other top 75 guilds we met twice each. For all of the wars, we only fought one that was below us in the rankings. All others were at least 90 spots ahead of us.