How would you "fix" stat inflation?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How would you "fix" stat inflation?

Articulate Author
    Post Count

How would you "fix" stat inflation?

There's much negativity toward stat inflation, mainly from gold spenders. As someone who has spent very little on gold, I think I'm mostly indifferent to stat inflation as it doesn't (and shouldn't) change the fact that people who spend money will get stronger than me, faster then me, but doesn't really change the no-spend player as that's always been true. But, I respect our gold spenders, they are the reason this game keeps going, whereas I'm just a cost-center, so I'm all for making them happy.

As stated in many other threads, stats have gone from linear to exponential-ish growth in the past 6 months or so. My assumption is that GREE did this knowing that interest in games like this only lasts so long, so this strategy is to allow new players the chance to "catch up" relatively quickly.

So, the point of this thread is, given that stat inflation has already occurred, what should be done now?

• If GREE switches back to a linear stat growth model, they risk alienating new players. A new gold spender will literally never catch up the stats required to be in even a top 100 syndicate, but at least they have a good chance of keeping the old-timers
    • If they maintain the exponential growth, they will inevitably flush out the legacy gold spenders as they will be frustrated by constantly having their old gold spend superseded by new gold spend, and existing spenders will be replaced by new spenders, but this model doesn't seem to be sustainable as there's only a limited gold-spend client base

Given "fix the hacking," "give us better communication" and "I want more/less events" as opinions differ on shortcomings of the game in general, what can be done to keep CC going?

Banned
    Post Count

Banned
    Post Count
    It looks to me that Gree are trying to make it so the new players have some chance to catch up. I think what Gree are doing is pushing out good
    events but people need to pick which ones to do. You had it so the big money spenders can gold every event and the gap between gold and the odd gold is so big.

So this way Big gold spenders will need to pick not to do a few to stay ahead of the game or some bs like that

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Apologies for being too informative, Honey Boo Boo. As you and I are both from the South, I will translate.

stat 'nflation fixin to wear gold spenders slap out. what y'all think?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    What if they doubled the mafia you can bring to fight to 1000 and only allowed modifiers to be applied on the first 500 mafia's weapons?
    Can be reached at....Game of War / Odin Kingdom | ATK - Defensible | DEF - Beatable | RSS - Worth throwing a few troops at

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GU7 F4WK3S View Post
    What if they doubled the mafia you can bring to fight to 1000 and only allowed modifiers to be applied on the first 500 mafia's weapons?
    Keep it simple. Just increase the mafia cap. A move that should probably have happened months ago, but would be quite welcome, still.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredfreddy View Post

stat 'nflation fixin to wear gold spenders slap out. what y'all think?
    Much obliged, suh. There's only one thing Boo Boo prefuhs more than sketty and buttuh, and that'd be an abridged version.

Banned
    Post Count
    Add more levels say 300 to 350 then add more mafia per extra level would be good that would help everyone worried about the shark tank

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bald zeemer View Post
    Keep it simple. Just increase the mafia cap. A move that should probably have happened months ago, but would be quite welcome, still.
    Modifiers are the cause of the stat inflation. By applying them to 100% of inventory you aren't solving anything, I don't think, it's Monday and I'm still waking up. Queue bad comparison: If both our crappiest weapons are 100 atk we're even. Once you apply the mods the difference can be significant or inflated. Every one of us paid under the impression that mods were good for 500 mafia so not applying them to the 500 additional mafia shouldn't offend too many people.

Eventually GREE just keeps boosting mafia counts so that the modifiers are essentially only contributing to 1% of the inflation.
    Can be reached at....Game of War / Odin Kingdom | ATK - Defensible | DEF - Beatable | RSS - Worth throwing a few troops at

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Mods are a large part of the cause of overall stats increasing, but the consistent increase in the value of individual items is the problem - as it is rapidly devaluing past items.

By increasing the size of a usable inventory you are instantly making x number of weapons useful for longer.

Your solution is to devalue mods as well as items - thus exacerbating the problem of existing gold spenders having the previous spend made redundant.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Quote Originally Posted by bald zeemer View Post
    You're an idiot. Increasing the mafia cap would further exacerbate the stats inflation. Also, there would be a wider margin of disparity between strong and weak players. More experienced players would have stronger weapons to utilize vs fresh players who buy in-store items with cash. GROW A BRAIN.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by billythekid123 View Post
    GROW A BRAIN.
    Can you do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I'm not sure if there is a right answer, you can't make both parties (new gold spenders vs existing gold spenders) happy. I think one thing GREE has done right is grow the event rewards to accommodate for the very heavy gold spenders (different than just the heavy gold spenders). I don't have any boss event data to prove that, but the current case leaderboard certainly does. I think some of the negative feedback has come from those who felt like they should max out every event, and that has now become extremely expensive. It has separated the big dogs from the really big dogs, which was the right thing to do, but it's demoralized some of the gold spenders, separating them into different categories themselves.

Banned
    Post Count

Quote Originally Posted by Fredfreddy View Post
    I'm not sure if there is a right answer, you can't make both parties (new gold spenders vs existing gold spenders) happy. I think one thing GREE has done right is grow the event rewards to accommodate for the very heavy gold spenders (different than just the heavy gold spenders). I don't have any boss event data to prove that, but the current case leaderboard certainly does. I think some of the negative feedback has come from those who felt like they should max out every event, and that has now become extremely expensive. It has separated the big dogs from the really big dogs, which was the right thing to do, but it's demoralized some of the gold spenders, separating them into different categories themselves.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Really? A paragraph? Now you're just trolling.