Thread: The End is Near

Crime City: 746 965 434
    Syndicate: 138

Knights and Dragons Guild: Retired
    Recruitment only.

For applications to the Rainbow Coalition pm ilvtfu on line.

**We Support the 11+ Movement**

inb4onmobile

I think that this is an interesting trend given all of the discussion recently on catering to paying vs. non-paying players. In my mind this highlights the importance of balancing paying players (income) vs. free players (momentum). I'm not trying to get into the "bring back epic fusing" gripe fest that has been going on, just pointing out that alienating portions of your population can be unwise in the larger scheme of things. It really sucks that KnD is falling in the stats. Games come and games go, but I think that there is good potential in this one.

This is a trend in gaming, yes. And there are many games/game companies that are "dead" or "dying" and continue to crank out content... Which means they clearly aren't dead. I wouldn't worry about this game for another year if not longer.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

Some one already posted this in the mw forum and it doesent effect gree games as a whole. This is for modern war but it show that they r not losing money on these games although I feel ppl will get sick of greed ridiculous ways to entice ppl to spend money.

http://www.gamezebo.com/news/2013/09...nts-modern-war

Quote Originally Posted by Stooboot View Post
    Some one already posted this in the mw forum and it doesent effect gree games as a whole. This is for modern war but it show that they r not losing money on these games although I feel ppl will get sick of greed ridiculous ways to entice ppl to spend money.

http://www.gamezebo.com/news/2013/09...nts-modern-war
    Gree's ridiculous ways? Try any of the game companies. This is by no means exclusive to Gree. Man. Sounds like the discussion I had with Mark before he kicked me out of "his" chat.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

When I looked at the top grossing games in Playstore, I see 3 Gree games, Modern War, Knights and Dragons, and Jackpot Slots, in the top 15.

Surely it means they are doing OK....
    Guild Name: Iron Throne (Android)
    Guild Level: 56 (35/35 members)
    28 levels of elemental bonuses
    Lvl 100+ players welcome
    Line: kddaenerys
    #58 in War of Kings

This is the problem with capitalistic novices, which apparently are the kind of people who run GREE. Perpetual growth, and especially exponential growth, is how cancer operates. Not businesses.

If you project your business growing by more than 5-10% a year for the next few years, you're going to be in for a rude awakening in a few years. The faster a business grows early on...the more it's going to slow down in the medium-term. There is only so much market share out there and once you've saturated a market enough, there is no where else to go.

You either stagnate, or you lose share to innovative competitors.