Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Level 200
    114 694 256

Post Count
    First!

Extras.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Consistent Contributor budman68's Avatar
    Post Count
    Wow So topical...if we were in July.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    first page.......

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    For the hundredth time: Gree was a large mobile gaming provider before it acquired Funzio. Thus, it has a range of other games, the main money-spinners of which were domestic [Japanese] games which have since been severely curtailed. A drop in Gree profits, earnings, share price etc is not a direct indicator of the profitability of CC (or MW, KA, etc).

Deeper analysis will tell you that these elements are actually holding the company up against the declines in its core business.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Gree, listen to the people who pay for your paycheck. Minimize stats inflation if you want a sustainable game.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Post Count
    $2.3 million dollars in 1 weekend, shows how little each of us matter in the grand scheme of things.
    abandoned

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    ..it's already passed... this is beginning of a new!

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Weston View Post
    $2.3 million dollars in 1 weekend, shows how little each of us matter in the grand scheme of things.
    also shows how we are filling there pockets, for what? Fake units we all mine as well go to vegas at least when u gamble u have a chance to win money not fake items that in a year or 2 u will say wtf was I thinking

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Weston View Post
    That was Ireland, hence the graphic of Ireland and their flag, where Ferr' Emperors pushed PUN all the way to 90 million points in a race to first place. That weekend wasn't the norm! I can't argue that WD events aren't a great money spinner for GREE, but the revenues from this WD event have since dropped and they have now made them 4 weeks apart, although this could be subject to change. As you well know, GREE's calendar isn't fixed in stone. So GREE are trying to create different revenue streams from other faction events, such as the FLTQ and faction bosses, hoping to create more sustainable revenue streams in the long run.

Any company always publishes their best marketing spiel and numbers to make shareholders think they are onto a winner, especially since the share price has dropped dramatically over the last 12 months. I don't think the market bought it and they are still trimming other parts of the business. So although this part of GREE's business is profitable, other parts are not and it remains to be seen whether this part can continue to rake in the money from us, the players of these games!
    Last edited by Dutchie; 09-29-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    All shows how short-sighted the current business model is. The huge spenders might love the "power" but they're a tiny part of the whole. If the rest believe, rightly, that they have zero chance of changing the established order they're not going to spend, are they?
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Most intelligent thread I've read. Even better than my own retirement thread. This will be going up to the top.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    That was Ireland, hence the graphic of Ireland and their flag, where Ferr' Emperors pushed PUN all the way to 90 million points in a race to first place. That weekend wasn't the norm! I can't argue that WD events aren't a great money spinner for GREE, but the revenues from this WD event have since dropped and they have now made them 4 weeks apart, although this could be subject to change. As you well know, GREE's calendar isn't fixed in stone. So GREE are trying to create different revenue streams from other faction events, such as the FLTQ and faction bosses, hoping to create more sustainable revenue streams in the long run.

Any company always publishes their best marketing spiel and numbers to make shareholders think they are onto a winner, especially since the share price has dropped dramatically over the last 12 months. I don't think the market bought it and they are still trimming other parts of the business. So although this part of GREE's business is profitable, other parts are not and it remains to be seen whether this part can continue to rake in the money from us, the players of these games!
    How do you know those numbers aren't the norm, or that they have since declined? What makes you think the 4 week cycle this time has anything to do with declining revenue from wars, attempting to spread revenue streams out amongst multiple events, and not something totally unrelated to money? I'm genuinely curious, are you a Gree insider?

Let's assume they make even half of that in a typical weekend war. 1m per war, in just 1 of their games, in addition to the income from all the other events in each game, plus all of the cost cutting measures they have taken over the last year, leads me to believe the end is NOT near for Gree.

Post Count
    Is the end near? who knows. I certainly hope not because i love this game. Ya, i love this game.
    Anyways, here is GREE inc stock, i'm not in the stock market so i don't know what it means. As a layman, i have to say that it doesn't look good, but what do i know?
    Maybe someone who knows about this stuff can educate us?

Edit: it's interesting to see the stock over the past 1 year
    Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    Buy more gold

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    no need for drama unless it is top 10 drama
    Proud owner of the Civic Center Riot Vehicle (5405/6000 +2 Respect from fights!, from leaderboard event, top25)