Is the small faction doomed? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the small faction doomed?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by generalpain View Post
    A good leader would recognize this and merge immediately. When I say immediately, and your reading this, you are even more behind the curve. I'm sure you are a good leader that your crew loves, but you are holding every one of those players back. Most players have gained 200-300k stats since war ended. You have an opportunity to stroll get some nice stats before war with the faction boss event...but you better hurry. I'm not trying to put you or your faction down, but you came to the forums for advice, thus is it. Merge now, step up and be a leader in the faction you merge into, even if your not made an officer. Your new team should appreciate that. Good luck.
    I'm looking for a team now !

1808 in France

528 in mexico

1849 in Italy

920 in the Netherlands

599 in Cuba

724 in Chile

614 in Turkey
    329 in Finland

Post Count
    Hi Lee,

Our fiction got interest to merge with your fiction to do this Fiction boss LTQ.
    Please let me know asap.

Thanks,
    Nick and Dream

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    The problem with going off to smaller teams just for the WD event is that you need a shell that is fully maxed out so that your team doesn't experience a loss in stats from when they are in the mother ship. Not easy to max out unless you have a ton of people with very high IPH. Yes, you may not need to worry about guild, but you still need the attack bonuses. So either you have a hacker full the shell with money or your team needs guys with great IPH. I'd be interested to know how many brand new WD event only factions are maxed out.

Banned
    Post Count
    Well take my opinion for what it is, an opinion. My remarks are based off of what my faction has done to be successful doing the WD FLTQs, and what I've seen of other factions that have completed the LTQs. Besides SUP family, most of the factions that I've talked to who completed all win streak goals have been a smaller faction of 30 or less (most are 15 or less). They are high stat and gold users and attempt to stay low in the rankings. Just my observations.

Btw my factions is not even close to maxing out bonuses.
    Last edited by Gunfighter; 09-29-2013 at 03:16 AM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I'm a faction leader and the question I'm stuck on is, who gets left behind to accept us back in after the FLTQ? Who is going to miss out on the units. Who would want to. We have been a small faction for along time and when the WD event started, with straight wins our battle plan worked great. Were not overly interested in WD rank. We are a top 4k. The jump in stats for our rivals from fltq's is huge, most of these new units are all in their top ten.
    So who gets left behind? Do we take it in turns.

Banned
    Post Count
    That's a tough question Ulrich. We're lucky in that we have a few LLPs that don't want to take the XP associated with the FLTQs. They stay, while those who don't mind the XP disperse to other factions to get the units. But in your situation (which I assume most face), there's no easy answer.

Post Count
    Indeed it is a very tough situation as the faction gulf widens with each event. I believe GREE's recent actions will cause many players to raise the white flag as their aspirations have been blown apart. There are no easy answers but having multiple factions that work together is now the only option left where each faction is designated for certain events. There won't be many factions left that will be able to participate effectively in all events and these factions will be determined by having a high number (50+) of active players in them that contain a mixture of levels from HLPs to LLPs where you play to each strengths dependent on the event itself.

Post Count
    I think the question is, what exactly do you want to accomplish. If it's ranking in WD then yes a small faction with middle of the road players is doomed. If it's just doing consecutive wins depends and as for these new faction events I would say if your stats across the faction are low the your not competative here either.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    It is not necessarily the size of the faction (unless competing for ranking) but rather how much you and your teammates are willing to spend. The solution to your problem has been and always will be answered from this day forward with a single word... GOLD. Top Ranking in WD, completing fLTQs & LTQs, Boss events, and every other event now (with top units) requires the same thing... GOLD.

The days of free players strategizing to maintain any level of competitiveness are over. This is no longer a freemium game. It is pay-to-play, and pay-to-win.
    Last edited by Evil Mastermind; 09-29-2013 at 06:38 AM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    I think the question is, what exactly do you want to accomplish. If it's ranking in WD then yes a small faction with middle of the road players is doomed. If it's just doing consecutive wins depends and as for these new faction events I would say if your stats across the faction are low the your not competative here either.
    Pretty much all of this applies to me, im the main guy in my faction, but i can still get the goodish units suchas the normal mode raptor (3k/2k one) but i couldnt make top 4000 for france because i was the only majorly active guy, i get a bit downhearted as i tried and failed to say complete a fltq or beat top 2500 for the tournaments and sometimes i wonder why im doing this game, and i remember by looking at my faction...

its for FUN, and i smile and keep going.

ps llp guys in my faction do a heck of a lot more than i had originally expected from them, all 3 of the 4 members, go FUN!

My ally codes-341780448 *Modern War*

Started game during Greenland campaign

lv132 atk 16'513'225 def 27'191'202

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    This game has got me hooked but recently pissing me off. I used to be strong, in a top 150 faction getting units, but before gree started throwing prizes at us, i decided to go back to my old faction. we had a merge and the people left behind were mad and i felt bad to see a faction once i loved was going down.... But now im missing out on all the units and getting weaker while everyone else is getting stronger each day. now my stats mean nothing. i attack 20 guys, lose to all of them and seeing them have the faction prizes that i dont have just makes me sad. It took me a year and two months to get to 350k attack. I started a llp and kept it in the top 150 faction and now thats 350k in stats. a year and two months of work has been easily overthrown by two months of playing. That just doesnt make sense to me...

Lurker
    Post Count
    Pm sent Lee

Post Count
    Doomed.

Interesting term.

It's peoples competative nature that makes them think they can actually win in this game. You cant. You may be one in a million and be strongest for a while, but that is temporary as well. There is no shot clock, no game ending buzzer, no final battle.

Its a game that makes you think there are winners and losers, and human nature seems to dictate that most people think it is true, hence the crazy spending, constant paranoia of falling behind, and non stop quest for your faction to move up.

If you thought that you could win this game, or even lead for a while, then yes, you are doomed.

Banned
    Post Count
    You and your members buy gold soon as possible and start to finish ltq's then get the units.. Nothing for free here. Do you think big factions geting everything for free? Eh no!! So wait for next gold sale and jump on it, purchase couple of vaults gold and ofcourse your members too.. Then get all the units.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by nickwychong View Post
    Hi Lee,

Our fiction got interest to merge with your fiction to do this Fiction boss LTQ.
    Please let me know asap.

Thanks,
    Nick and Dream
    Fiction, fraction or simply faction....