Is the small faction doomed?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the small faction doomed?

Post Count

Is the small faction doomed?

I think small factions are in trouble. We are a small faction with some great players but how do we stay competitive when every decent size faction gets monster units? I've discussed this problem with our members and they are not interested in merging with another faction because they prefer my leadership.

We can't be the only faction that is facing this problem, what are others planning? It feels like we are doomed.

1808 in France

528 in mexico

1849 in Italy

920 in the Netherlands

599 in Cuba

724 in Chile

614 in Turkey
    329 in Finland

Post Count
    You are. No fault of your own. The wedge between small and large, rich and poor, has been firmly driven in at this point.

You're only chance to improve is merge. Otherwise its top 1000+ for you unfortunately.

OSOK is Recruiting for Top 20: www.powerbang.info/OSOK/recruiting

Come see what all the fuss is about

Banned
    Post Count
    If your referring to the faction LTQs between wars, one option is to temporarily merge with another small faction in order to finish the LTQs. If your referring to the faction LTQs during WD then smaller factions with strong stats actually have an advantage. If your referring to rankings during WD, then your wasting your time. Faction LTQs offer much better units.
    Last edited by Gunfighter; 09-28-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfighter View Post
    If your referring to the faction LTQs between wars, one option is to temporarily merge with another small faction in order to finish the LTQs. If your referring to the faction LTQs during WD then smaller factions with strong stats actually have an advantage. If your referring to rankings during WD, then your wasting your time. Faction LTQs offer much better units.
    Yes they have the advantage assuming they have monster stats to begin with, which they don't. They probably also don't have a lot of gold at their disposal...

With the WD LTQs causing more and more players to reform new factions with very few members, these guys stuck there trying to make it "out" have even more hurdles to contend with.

Not saying the sky is falling, but the game's mechanics are definitely stacking up against you.

Banned
    Post Count
    Merging would be your best option

Post Count
    Another thing to keep in mind... if your leadership style is effective, your ability to lead will naturally transcend into a new faction.

I have experienced this first hand and have taken a group from top 1500 to aiming for top 100 in mexico in three months.

There is a certain amount of apprehension about something "new", but at some point you have to take a leap of faith to try and better your situation.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    i know one of the top 10 in crime city is trying a new format for syndicate battle where they have a main account for sltq and for battle they branch off to there mini syndicate of groups of 5 so all can get streaks maxxed out since top 10 prizes are not worth a dam compare to streaks and win.

so you might be able to form a buddy group to merge for fltq and then break off to normal faction for wars
    Last edited by crazyman1; 09-28-2013 at 10:15 PM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfighter View Post
    We can not stay competitive on any level if the good stats we had last week are now poor stats. I'm already seeing the effect of not winning so many great units

1808 in France

528 in mexico

1849 in Italy

920 in the Netherlands

599 in Cuba

724 in Chile

614 in Turkey
    329 in Finland

Banned
    Post Count
    Without good stats and gold use, the faction LTQs during WD are near impossible regardless of faction size. Your only hope is to merge either temporarily or permanent to finish LTQs between wars.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyman1 View Post
    i know one of the top 10 in crime city is trying a new format for syndicate battle where they have a main account for sltq and for battle they branch off to there mini syndicate of groups of 5 so all can get streaks maxxed out since top 10 prizes are not worth a dam compare to streaks and win.

so you might be able to form a buddy group to merge for fltq and then break off to normal faction for wars
    Lots of people are doing this and it costs a ton of gold. for it to be effective you really need players in there with an excellent stat/level ratio.

I'm speaking first hand and we setup a mini team to do this last war and it wasn't cheap, we got the units and finished outside top 1000 but there's alway the odd idiot team racking up a score.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    the syndicate from what i heard paid $$$ to have a syndicate fully loaded by a hacker

Post Count
    I'm likeing the part time merger idea .

1808 in France

528 in mexico

1849 in Italy

920 in the Netherlands

599 in Cuba

724 in Chile

614 in Turkey
    329 in Finland

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee1967 View Post
    I'm likeing the part time merger idea .
    Yeah me too... You should consider a full time merger. Merging for the events and realizing success together... then saying "well, this month was real. Lets part ways and put up equally pitiful performances in WD and miss out on boost units we could have had by working cooperatively. See ya after the war!"

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but hey if it works for ya - good luck with it!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    the reason u part ways is to do the winning streaks .you got a better chance winning as a small team and prizes are better that way

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    A good leader would recognize this and merge immediately. When I say immediately, and your reading this, you are even more behind the curve. I'm sure you are a good leader that your crew loves, but you are holding every one of those players back. Most players have gained 200-300k stats since war ended. You have an opportunity to stroll get some nice stats before war with the faction boss event...but you better hurry. I'm not trying to put you or your faction down, but you came to the forums for advice, thus is it. Merge now, step up and be a leader in the faction you merge into, even if your not made an officer. Your new team should appreciate that. Good luck.