Page 1 of 2 12 Last

How to fix Guild Wars

My Suggestion on How to Fix Guild Wars:

Make your personal knights battle win / loss record more important than random farmed points ... Do this by eliminating farming a single player, instead make it so u can only fight every member of the opposing guild once that's still 40 fights (aka 10 refills so gree still makes their mint) but it slightly Caps the insane spending on GW and turns wars back into armor and matchup battles instead of buy your way to the top with gems! and still if a top guild has 20 players dropping 100 gems a battle thats plenty of money being made ... So anyway back to War u spend your gems fight 40 Different members and get rewarded points based on the W/L record and the rank of your defeated opponents ... So much more interesting and fun then just farming whomever u can beat over and over for mismatched random point totals... Aka farming sucks and is boring

Anyone Agree with me on this?
    Lord Ash - Lvl 340+
    22 Maxed Epics: Cloudrange Platemail, Blazeborne Vanguard, Forgestone Aegis,
    Tectonic Mantle, Maelstrom Irons, Soulshard Nercomantle,
    Armor of the Devoted, Blazestone Mantle, Kerstman's Shroud,
    Runic Robes, Aegis of Sky Majesty, Hellfire Platemail
    Snowstorm Platemail, Sandstorm Platemail, Centurion Aegis, Odins Call, Arcane Mantle, Heroic+
    Guild Sentinel of the MUGGLES
    Proud Retired Member of original The Untouchables

So let me get this straight... at the risk of sounding snippy

So you guys rose to the top by spending a lot of gems, only to be usurped by another team who spent more gems than you, and now you are upset and "bored" because you don't like how this game has turned into gem spending frenzy as opposed to a game of carefully calculated strategies and war tactics?

One way to fix this ya'll. If all of you stop spending gems, you will allow the strongest, the most clever, and hardest working team to rise to the top. You guys ruined the game for the rest of us (hey, it's still not too crazy and somewhat fun at the ribbon leveled tiers), so I don't think you get to whine about it.

Quote Originally Posted by cafedecoy View Post
    So let me get this straight... at the risk of sounding snippy

So you guys rose to the top by spending a lot of gems, only to be usurped by another team who spent more gems than you, and now you are upset and "bored" because you don't like how this game has turned into gem spending frenzy as opposed to a game of carefully calculated strategies and war tactics?

One way to fix this ya'll. If all of you stop spending gems, you will allow the strongest, the most clever, and hardest working team to rise to the top. You guys ruined the game for the rest of us (hey, it's still not too crazy and somewhat fun at the ribbon leveled tiers), so I don't think you get to whine about it.
    You seem to be the one whining, dear sir. This is not our fault, it's a purposeful design scheme. Though, I did LoL when you said all guilds agree to a gem free war. Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by cafedecoy View Post
    One way to fix this ya'll. If all of you stop spending gems, you will allow the strongest, the most clever, and hardest working team to rise to the top.
    Agreed. However, since this game is designed to be a moneymaker, it'll never happen.

Too bad, too. I'd like to see a toe to toe match using only free war energy.
    Active member of The Rentless

Child of the '80s

I'm not upset at all ... And I know gem spending is a big part of the game and business model... The only thing I'm talking about and trying to fix is the way we fight wars and earn points ... There needs to be a better and more rewarding system than just farming someone .... I want a reason to face off against every member of a opposing guild ... If I know they are strong I can choose to attack commanders rather than leadership roles ... But if I can beat all members of a guild and win bonus points because of it, well that would motivate me to spend more and try harder... As it goes now u find someone who u can beat and isn't switching armors and farm them ... And yes I find that to be boring, hopefully gree will develop a better war model soon
    Last edited by Lord Ash; 09-28-2013 at 06:12 PM.
    Lord Ash - Lvl 340+
    22 Maxed Epics: Cloudrange Platemail, Blazeborne Vanguard, Forgestone Aegis,
    Tectonic Mantle, Maelstrom Irons, Soulshard Nercomantle,
    Armor of the Devoted, Blazestone Mantle, Kerstman's Shroud,
    Runic Robes, Aegis of Sky Majesty, Hellfire Platemail
    Snowstorm Platemail, Sandstorm Platemail, Centurion Aegis, Odins Call, Arcane Mantle, Heroic+
    Guild Sentinel of the MUGGLES
    Proud Retired Member of original The Untouchables

Not exactly. What about the guilds that get paired with guilds with fewer members? Wouldn't this mean that the guild with fewer members would be at an advantage? All I have to do, is just make a two or three man guild with the other people being in different time zones, it'll basically gauranteed my win in most cases wouldn't it? Because unless every single member of the opposing guild is online, I would basically almost always have more battles than them. As long as my armors a strong enough, it wouldn't exactly be much of a problem to win.

Also, there wouldn't exactly be much strategy anymore too. In the end, if you method is implemented, it would all boil down to how lucky you are when it comes to battling an opponent - whether or not your elements HAPPEN to counter his. Scouting wouldn't exactly be very helpful anymore unless you're willing to get someone to scout every single member. Even then, because it's a two sided war, the opponent would be switching their armors too, so it'll just turn out to be a game of luck and hoping the things go well for you.
    Knights and Dragons iOS.
    Guild: Rainbow Room
    Main knight's named Aiden.

My friend's list is currently full, i won't be able to accept new players at the moment.

Cheers, my fellow knights!

Great idea, should be implemented.
    Last edited by Rafa; 09-28-2013 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Misunderstood a point earlier, already fixed
    To apply to Death Knights, please visit this link:

http://tinyurl.com/krbggxq

It only feels like farming, when you have.. say... 50 chances to fight in a war (with a bunch of refills), as opposed to just a handful when you solely depend on a war energy refresh rate that gives you one fight credit every 25 minutes. You forget that the guild wars are for many players who play K&D and in various stages of armor development and knight levels. For some "weaker" knights, they only really have one or two matchable target in a war, and they too need to have fun.... that fun comes in when they find that suitable mate, and they can maximize their reward for finding that mate by hitting them over and over again.

I'm just saying there needs to be a balance of experience and fun for gamers of all levels.

Maybe GREE can just auction off the first place trophy via team based gem bidding, LOL. That will make the transaction really clean and easy, and take out the "farming" boredom out of the game which seems to be a unique symptom that comes hand in hand with excessive gem spending.

By the way, that was sarcasm.
    Last edited by cafedecoy; 09-28-2013 at 06:42 PM.

GREE could make a rule that says only guilds with (any reasonable sounding number)+ could participate in guild wars.
    This would encourage new guilds to recruit and become stronger at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by deathexe View Post
    Not exactly. What about the guilds that get paired with guilds with fewer members? Wouldn't this mean that the guild with fewer members would be at an advantage? All I have to do, is just make a two or three man guild with the other people being in different time zones, it'll basically gauranteed my win in most cases wouldn't it? Because unless every single member of the opposing guild is online, I would basically almost always have more battles than them. As long as my armors a strong enough, it wouldn't exactly be much of a problem to win.

Also, there wouldn't exactly be much strategy anymore too. In the end, if you method is implemented, it would all boil down to how lucky you are when it comes to battling an opponent - whether or not your elements HAPPEN to counter his. Scouting wouldn't exactly be very helpful anymore unless you're willing to get someone to scout every single member. Even then, because it's a two sided war, the opponent would be switching their armors too, so it'll just turn out to be a game of luck and hoping the things go well for you.
    Agreed.
    Well said.

thi công sơn bả hãy đến DVN công ty chúng tôi chuyên thi công sơn bả, trang trí nội thất,*ngoại thất với giá cả hợp lý nhất. hãy gọi cho dvn.vn chúng tôi để được giá tốt nhất 0916930381

Quote Originally Posted by daviet117 View Post
    thi công sơn bả hãy đến DVN công ty chúng tôi chuyên thi công sơn bả, trang trí nội thất,*ngoại thất với giá cả hợp lý nhất. hãy gọi cho dvn.vn chúng tôi để được giá tốt nhất 0916930381
    i agree 100%. especially with the "0916930381" part.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkle_DPA View Post
    i agree 100%. especially with the "0916930381" part.
    Nah, I disagree.
    Its more like 0916908-012384.
    I agree with the rest though.

Quote Originally Posted by daviet117 View Post
    Got to laugh at google translater. :-P

Come paint baits DVN our company specialized baits paint, interior, exterior * with the most reasonable price. dvn.vn call us for best price 0916930381
    Epic: Northerner's 99/99, Forgestone 99/99, Snowstorm 99/99, Arclite 99/99, Stalwart 99/99, Beastmasters 99/99
    EB +: To Many to List

Android User WBB CGV HXW
    Level 100+

If this system is implemented we need pts per win to be always the same though, like in arena.
    We already need this. It's sad when I can fight someone and win and get 150 points and he can fight me back and win to get 300 points...
    Android
    Rylar Pendragon
    Level 100+
    Guild leader of Pendragon. A top 100 guild
    Email RylarPendragon@gmail.com with applications.