Page 1 of 2 12 Last

BS: Declared for War with time left, Dismissed from Queue

We declared for war with 1:02:45. We were accepted into the queue, then as the timer reached 58:00 got a message back: You have been dismissed from the queue, not enough time.

Gree, how about some guidelines? When do we have to be in the queue to be guaranteed a battle? Do we need to allow 5 minutes? 10 minutes? 15 minutes?

I repeat this is BS.

And to all who just want to say it's your own fault, you should have planned better, etc. etc. Don't bother, just stuff it instead.
    Level 50 and rising 50+ welcome
    currently 27/33 members
    8% Spirit/8% Water/9% Fire/8% Earth/9% Air

Wars are 60 minutes long. If you don't get into a war with enough time for the full 60 minutes, then you only have yourself to blame for bad planning. It's not how much time is left when you declare, it's getting into a war to allow the whole 60 minutes.
    MaJestic Solo
    Guild: Majestic Lv75

Solo, he said to stuff it

Jon,
    What Solo says does have a lot of merit so it's probably best to keep this in mind.

As a community, we should try to figure out an 'average wait time' to figure out the 'best' time to declare for the last war. At this point in time, it's good to do it with 1.5 hours left in the war so that you're super safe. I believe the longest wait time we had to wait was 20 minutes but that wait time has decreased and the average is probably closer to 10-15. But again, having that extra 30 minutes is a good cushion.

Hope this helps.
    CasuaLady
    Casually Majestic - Lvl 163
    Lady - Lvl 1000 - RETIRED!

Armors Data

Quote Originally Posted by -Solo- View Post
    Wars are 60 minutes long. If you don't get into a war with enough time for the full 60 minutes, then you only have yourself to blame for bad planning. It's not how much time is left when you declare, it's getting into a war to allow the whole 60 minutes.
    You obviously have an issue with reading comprehension for two reasons. I declared for war with more than 60 minutes left, I had time for a full battle. However, due to server lag, poor coding, whatever the cause, I was not matched with an opponent. The question I asked was how long do we need to allow for? If I don't know how long that lag may be how can I plan for it?

Secondly, I specifically asked that those who wanted to give the kind of response you gave to not bother. It should have been obvious that I was already aware of the useless information that you were going to convey. It should have also been obvious that a response of that kind would serve only two purposes: 1. To allow the poster to build up his own ego, and 2. to deliberately piss me off. So, stuff it.

But perhaps I'm being too harsh. If you have some USEFUL information to convey, my apologies and by all means please share it. If not, then by all means stuff it twice.
    Last edited by JonS52; 09-28-2013 at 01:51 PM.
    currently 27/33 members

Quote Originally Posted by KTran2013 View Post
    Solo, he said to stuff it

Jon,
    What Solo says does have a lot of merit so it's probably best to keep this in mind.

As a community, we should try to figure out an 'average wait time' to figure out the 'best' time to declare for the last war. At this point in time, it's good to do it with 1.5 hours left in the war.

Hope this helps.
    KTran, thanks for your response. Hopefully, Gree through one of its representatives will shed some light on this since I've been matched for battle in as little as 30 seconds and as long as about 18 minutes. It's difficult to plan with little or no, or worse yet, faulty information.
    currently 27/33 members

You obviously have an issue with reading comprehension for two reasons.
    Thanks for showing you're the one without reading comprehension. Btw, me not answering all your questions is not reading 'comprehension'. Learn what reading comprehension is before you spout that as an insult.

It's been the same since the first blitz war and the same for the first guild war. If you don't know the guidelines by now, you still have yourself to blame.
    MaJestic Solo
    Guild: Majestic Lv75

You're *supposed* to be able to declare with at least 31 minutes left of "War". Key word in **

Keep in mind an opponent has to declare war aswell for you to find a match...
    With that being said, certain times it takes a lot longer to find an opponent. We had around 25 minutes waiting once.
    Its pretty simple to me that gree's system didnt find an opponent intime, but you cant be sure there was an available enemy at that time. Sorry but cant fully blame gree this one.
    To apply to Death Knights, please visit this link:

http://tinyurl.com/krbggxq

Well he can blame Gree, actually. You're saying they programmed it a certain way, but he can't blame the programmer or discuss how it could be programmed better? Having a 59 minute cut off for final declares is not enough. The other games allow 30 min & don't take nearly as long as Kandy matchups. More reason to have a wider window at the end of war.

At least it happened in a mini war and not a full 3 day one. Your concept was fine cause you want as close to end as possible to make sure you keep your rank but you always have to account for Gree.

Sorry to hear about bad breaks but yeah..... gree

It probably would of took you alot longer. It depends how many other guilds declare war at that time. Being last couple minutes I'm guessing 90% of people had already started their last war. Waiting that close is asking for something to go wrong IMO.

But what did you stand to gain with 1 more fight anyways? Possibly 1 boost/stone? Not really a big deal. Just learn from the error. And be thankful it was a useless war.

Quote Originally Posted by Eunuchorn View Post
    Well he can blame Gree, actually. You're saying they programmed it a certain way, but he can't blame the programmer or discuss how it could be programmed better? Having a 59 minute cut off for final declares is not enough. The other games allow 30 min & don't take nearly as long as Kandy matchups. More reason to have a wider window at the end of war.
    This is a different game. Just because other games allow 30 minutes, doesn't mean KnD will do the same. This also nothing new, and everybody should know how it works.

Of course it could be programmed better, but with the issues this game has, how can you expect this to instantly find you a match up? Its just asking too much.
    To apply to Death Knights, please visit this link:

http://tinyurl.com/krbggxq

My questions were addressed to Gree deliberately. Solo pointed out that it was my own fault for not following the guidelines. Except that the sole guidelines issued by Gree addressing this issue are included in the in game FAQ and consist of:

under Guild Battles heading "Battles between guilds must be initiated and can be done so by tapping the "Declare War" button. Once an opposing guild is found, a Guild Battle will officially begin and last 60 minutes."

and also under End of Guild War Events heading "About 60 minutes before the 3-day Guild War event ends, guilds will not be permitted to Declare War."

According to the guidelines as issued I had a reasonable expectation of being able to fight since I tapped the Declare War button and it was permitted at the time I tapped it. It was after several minutes that I received the message saying I was removed from the queue, which would appear to me to violate the guidelines as issued. Eunuchorn seems to have a different understanding of the guidelines (which I will note is more favorable to my complaint). To both Solo and Eunuchorn: if you have a different source for the guidelines that you refer to please provide it for all of us.

One thing that this thread HAS made clear, none of us have a good grasp of what the ACTUAL rules are that govern when a final battle can be declared at the end of a Guild War. And until Gree provides more definitive guidelines we never will. So don't be surprised if during the next Guild War you declare with an hour and fifteen minutes left and get the dreaded "You have been removed from the queue" message. And don't be surprised if during particularly heavy traffic you get it when you declare with an hour and thirty two minutes. As things stand right now, both those scenarios are perfectly possible.

That is why I asked the questions I asked, and I must confess that given Gree's past track record I don't think we'll get a more definitive answer.

P.S. Given the game mechanics as they currently work and the apparent failure by Gree to assign/develop/install enough server horsepower (for lack of a better term) to handle the task of expeditiously assigning opponents, we may never have a decent yardstick to measure how much cushion we should allow.
    Last edited by JonS52; 09-28-2013 at 03:05 PM. Reason: added postscript
    currently 27/33 members

We declared our last battle with 1 hour and 7 minutes left and were also dismissed from que after it let us declare.

Quote Originally Posted by JonS52 View Post
    P.S. Given the game mechanics as they currently work and the apparent failure by Gree to assign/develop/install enough server horsepower (for lack of a better term) to handle the task of expeditiously assigning opponents, we may never have a decent yardstick to measure how much cushion we should allow.
    Huh, since when has standard-ish multiplayer matchmaking anything to do with server horsepower?
    You have some more or less complicated algorithm that assigns a value to the strength of each guild and once you declare, it searches the pool of other declared guilds for a 100% matching guild to fight against. Of course chances of finding such a perfect one are near zero. So over time it starts to widen its criteria wider and wider until the guild gets matched with another guild. Apply the same to all guilds in the pool.
    Result: if you want quick matchmaking times, be an as average guild as can be and not at the top or the bottom, since matchmaking has much more nearby options to pick from in the big middle than the small/narrow top and bottom...

For ex. in League of Legends average people have matchmaking times counted in the seconds in solo queue, while for top players it can take up to 20 minutes to be matched into a game.

Just time how long it takes to find a match to all your battles in a war and add something like 5 minutes to the longest to have a safe buffer time.
    Last edited by Marco_; 09-28-2013 at 04:30 PM.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration