Guild Match speed improvements - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Guild Match speed improvements

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by l3lade2 View Post
    I apologise because I'm really struggling not to go all out on the ridiculousness of this comment...."punished for not using gems" don't be stupid. What you're really saying, is that the game should be made easier for people who don't spend gems!! How far world you take this? FUN spend more gems than 3rd place...so they shouldn't be matched. #6 spends more than #12 so nope, can't match them.

That's like taking any major sporting event, I'm going to take Soccer, and say that teams who aren't as rich as say Manchester United, or Barcelona, are being punished for not spending as much by being in the same league/having to play against them in cup events.

If you don't want to participate, don't declare! If you do, accept the fact that you could be matched according to the matching system.

I can't believe I'm actually reading a post that says Free/ligh gem players shouldn't face people who spend more gems, and that they are punished if they do. If you seriously feel this way, then you're in the wrong game, go find a game that is completely free for all.

Ps. I myself am a light gem player, always have been.
    And for your information I'm also a gem user, but with many very light/ free players in my guild.

And also.. you talk about soccer? Soccer is about talent, not about how much money you pump in the organisation.
    There have been many, many soccer players who were picked up from the street, because they are born with the talent.
    Pushing a button is not a talent.

Anyway, I don't say, don't fight at all, but it must be fair play, fighting against guilds with similar stats.
    FYI, I copied a part from Alonibb:

"The whole meaning with Guildwars and the matching is to fight against guilds which are aprox the same as yours. Sometimes little stronger and sometimes little weaker. But now 25% of our battles we have no target at all."

In above mentioned we of course talk about stats and not gem use.
    Obviously the TOP10 ~TOP25 guilds all have already much higher stats than most other players. that is fai to fight against in your point of view?

There must be a middle way, hope you can see my point of view.

and FYI, my stats are around 3.5 mill, reasonable enough??

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    FIX THE MATCHING ALGORITHM. Yet another top 25 matchup. This has gone beyond anything other than ridiculous. Again, we are top 200. Matched with FUN, Angry Red Heads twice, one of the top SB guilds, and most of the rest being top 75.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by KM KAge View Post
    FIX THE MATCHING ALGORITHM. Yet another top 25 matchup. This has gone beyond anything other than ridiculous. Again, we are top 200. Matched with FUN, Angry Red Heads twice, one of the top SB guilds, and most of the rest being top 75.
    And the streak continues.
    So GREE tell me. Have the complains trigger the switch intentionally to screw us over.
    Less than 10% of the guilds are above us in ranking, which means that over 90% are ranked lower. Yet 100% of our matchups have been well above us in strength and ranking.
    I am not normally a paranoid person, but the math just does not support the matchups.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    And the streak continues.
    So GREE tell me. Have the complains trigger the switch intentionally to screw us over.
    Less than 10% of the guilds are above us in ranking, which means that over 90% are ranked lower. Yet 100% of our matchups have been well above us in strength and ranking.
    I am not normally a paranoid person, but the math just does not support the matchups.
    Lots of top 10/25/50 guilds are intentionally trying to score low CP so that they can get matchups with guilds like yours. Teams all over are using this strategy. It sucks for you, but it is a result of all of these win-based quests. Don't expect it to change unless Gree totally revamps the matching system.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by E-I View Post
    Lots of top 10/25/50 guilds are intentionally trying to score low CP so that they can get matchups with guilds like yours. Teams all over are using this strategy. It sucks for you, but it is a result of all of these win-based quests. Don't expect it to change unless Gree totally revamps the matching system.
    If that was true, then our scoring 14K, 18K and 20K in the past few wars should be having us match up against someone in the top 750, not a steady stream of top 75. Some matches I can believe, but not EVERY one.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    If that was true, then our scoring 14K, 18K and 20K in the past few wars should be having us match up against someone in the top 750, not a steady stream of top 75. Some matches I can believe, but not EVERY one.
    Hate to be the one to tell you this, but 15-20k puts you squarely in the top 200. You wanna compete at the 750 level try 2-3k per war.
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinazueli View Post
    Hate to be the one to tell you this, but 15-20k puts you squarely in the top 200. You wanna compete at the 750 level try 2-3k per war.
    If FUN while scoring gets matched against us while scoring approx 500K per war (36 million in 70 hours), then we should expect to be occasionally matched with someone scoring 1/10 of us, or about 2k. We have only seen one in top 150, 2 or 3 in top 100, and the rest higher than that.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    The guild matching algorithm might need a look at. A few hours ago we were lying in 650th position at 170k cps were matched with Mmmonster at 3.35m cp's laying in about 20th at the time. Despite a valiant effort we lost. Only around 630 places different, lol. Surely that's got to be wrong?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Munseyspin View Post
    The guild matching algorithm might need a look at. A few hours ago we were lying in 650th position at 170k cps were matched with Mmmonster at 3.35m cp's laying in about 20th at the time. Despite a valiant effort we lost. Only around 630 places different, lol. Surely that's got to be wrong?
    Okay, you have us beat. Congrats on the effort.

We just started our last war of the quest. Guess what A TOP 300 GUILD. Apologies to them for the losses.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Yep, 630 places raised a few eye brows it has to be said.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Ah well, Just 17 days until we start this all over again.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    17 days to be shafted again. That's too long.......need it more often than that!