Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Interesting read on how GREE coerces us into spending gems

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/Ramin...130626/194933/

Also, I haven't bought a gem in my life.

Just thought some people out there might find this interesting
    Crime City: 746 965 434
    Syndicate: 138

Knights and Dragons Guild: Retired
    Recruitment only.

For applications to the Rainbow Coalition pm ilvtfu on line.

**We Support the 11+ Movement**

A lot of suckers out there, myself included unfortunately.

You can summarize that entire article with one word: ego.

Add a dash of false optimism on the side (when it comes to "unknown" chests) and here we are.

Like I said before, Gree could make the top prize of main event guild war a epic boss armor from three months ago and watch the top few factions fight with great monetary strategy to win.

Personally I'm torn.

One side is: meh what do I care about $20?
    The other side is: no way is this game worth $20.
    Dragon Realms Code: 205-371-641

Knights and Dragons code: WBB-VFW-FVY
    Level 100 - 2013/09/24
    Maxed L70: SG+, AotB+
    Maxed L99: Beastmaster Battlegear, Shoushard
    In the queue: Blazeborn, Armor of the Devoted

Ya, gree is really good at all of that..unfortunately.

Yea, that's about what I've dropped here. Looks like the guild wars are 'Ante' pay systems... as for the rest. Whoever thought this was a skill game anyway? More like an RPG where more time invested = more power... still fun tho
    Zyntree Lvl 100+ (iOS)
    Guildwar Observer - retired
    The Red Phoenix- a Black Medal Guild.

Quote Originally Posted by gnolaum View Post
    Personally I'm torn.

Really? I've spent more than an hour playing this game and get paid over $20 an hour. So, if instead of playing this game for an hour I'd been working I would have made more than you think this game is worth.

Hmm, how much time have you spent on this game that is worth less than $20?
    Android
    Rylar Pendragon
    Level 100+
    Guild leader of Pendragon. A top 100 guild
    Email RylarPendragon@gmail.com with applications.

We are so much better off than the other Gree games still. They're getting exponential stat growth whereas we just get new armors.

Quote Originally Posted by Eunuchorn View Post
    We are so much better off than the other Gree games still. They're getting exponential stat growth whereas we just get new armors.
    That is very true. The other games really obsolete your stats by the hour...

Anyways, this game is cheaper than a glass of tap water because you didn't pay a dime to download and play it. Meanwhile, Gree has to pay for the servers and the people updating the game for your enjoyment...

Quote Originally Posted by Eunuchorn View Post
    totally agreed, I can definitely see Gree taking that path though
    Crime City: 746 965 434
    Syndicate: 138

Knights and Dragons Guild: Retired
    Recruitment only.

For applications to the Rainbow Coalition pm ilvtfu on line.

**We Support the 11+ Movement**

Well .. its a dog eat dog world. Ask why the fox jump over the dog?
    This type of trick will happen not only in game, but in real life too, as long as human is concern.
    But whatever it is , is still the player choice whether to spend money.

I look at it this way:

I've only ever paid exactly $20 to play. It was for a 30% off package during guild war. In the last year, on steam, I've spent a total of over $200 on games that I don't have the time to play. Dark Souls was too wonky, stopped playing. Fall Out: New Vegas, I don't have the time for, still in character creation because I haven't had a chance to sit down. Diablo III... ha! There are a slew of others. Once I got over the stigma that I was somehow justified in spending $60 a pop for physical games, and decided to use that money on something I play a good 25% of my time, I really didn't see it as that much money. I have no problem putting $20 in a month if I wanted to. Most people pay that for WoW each month, and I don't have to buy new releases. Plus if you don't have time to sit down and play something at home, and are always out and about like myself, this isn't adding to your gaming expenses, it's just transmogrifying them.

Very very interesting

Just reading this makes me think how stupid I am for giving gree my money. The only thing I can say tho as for mw cc and k&d the top players in these game are mostly over the age of 25 who own businesses or companies and "smoke the crack" but cant break the habbit. the ones who cant afford it and end up broke in real life because of a phone game is the sad part. I always say there should b a warning label on these games like perception medication but there no warning label on crack or heroin so I guess alls fair in love and greed
    Last edited by Stooboot; 09-28-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gnolaum View Post
    Personally I'm torn.

I could justify spending $20. I think if I went and watched a movie instead, I'd easily spend that money and maybe get similar entertainment value? So there is a value I'm willing to pay for enjoyment.

I think some people pay a lot more though? I'm not sure if anyone ever stated the amount, but I suspect that some people are happy to cough up more $. Has anyone confessed (or bragged?) to this?

Now I'm regretting spending $100 on this..