Community Events! What Say Ye?! - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Community Events! What Say Ye?!

Post Count
    What about Market Mondays? GREE can put units for sale that actually have value in the game. Here is my idea, similar to others, GREE put units from past events for sale. To keep it completely equal and not just polishing the back sides of those at the top, the units should be sold for either honor or gold. Since both have lost all intrinsic value this would be a great way to bring it back! We, you need to bring back all the value you can to this game. It would be old hat to sell units for gems and not really show any forward thought, honor and gold is the only way this will work.
    The next idea is Truthful Tuesdays or Thursdays, which ever is better for GREE employees! You, the moderator will be completely honest about bugs, events and progress of the product you offer. If an event has not been beta tested, say so. Let us know there will be issues. Be forthright and let us know that you are going to sell orbs for honor and how many for how much. Remember we are trying to work together to better YOUR product. You can easily see that high ranking longtime vets are leaving, and for now it is the occasional player but that is how all flash floods start a slow trickle and by the time you have the ability and the will to fix it, it is too late and the dam will burst. We are partner is this thing, and it is on you to maintain a product worth returning to!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Buying units

I would never buy any units unless they have some bonus added. Otherwise what's the point? In a few months those units will be obsolete...

Also, I would like to see an IPH event. I remember way back when...
    Jesus - 614-298-890 (KA)
    Lvl 176- 591.3k A - 596.6k D - 21.9k IPH - 500 Allies

Looking for guilds? Please join us.
    756-470-120

Current guild bonuses:
    +23% upgrade speed
    +23% upgrade cost reduction
    +10% casualty decrease
    +24 guild member

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Better comminucation between Gree and the players
    Hi guys

Post Count
    Sounds promising....

I would support keeping it in this forum also as opposed to Facebook or some alternative method. Any kind of fun game activity for chances to win anything would be great! I also liked when we won "holiday themed prizes". The rudolf event and Leprachaun, etc. kept things a little more lighthearted and fun. If this doesn't go with the new theme, maybe this could be part of the new forum prizes won.

On a little different note, when will monetary unit stats change? I think this would help the overall strategy in the game again, if all of these characters were to get overhauled once more. This to me is what made this game to start and I think you would find many of the original players getting drawn back in. It seems enjoyable for me to strategize and budget resources more fun than relying on just luck in this game. This may never totally even some of the playing field, but it sure would give some of us a fighting chance. I remember buying gold instead of buying gems to help secure my beast den lvl 10. Could help sales in general too..
    Last edited by Gerbear; 10-08-2013 at 10:21 PM.

Post Count
    Another idea...

Maybe consider making our character job classes count towards something. For example, every month give us an opportunity to win special prizes that do unique damage specific to our class. We could manage "raid boss" events etc. with our each unique abilities to give more of us meaning towards our teams. This would change recruiting efforts also. Just a thought and maybe someone could run with this idea and better it.

Post Count
    Thanks for the awesome idead and feedback folks! I'll be updating the op with whats been said sometime today! Keep it coming folks!

Consistent Contributor Master Stormzs's Avatar
    Post Count
    How abut Gree gets there act together BEFORE trying something new?? Sorry but given Gree's less than impeccable record this past year....I'm not confident they can pull off anything that requires additional coding, heck even copy and paste posting on Facebook, concerns me....

Articulate Author Dirt road Joe's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Stormzs View Post
    How abut Gree gets there act together BEFORE trying something new?? Sorry but given Gree's less than impeccable record this past year....I'm not confident they can pull off anything that requires additional coding, heck even copy and paste posting on Facebook, concerns me....
    Its not anything new, really. They used to do these things all the time. I believe the last times they did this were back in December of 2012, but don't quote me. Generally these event were easier to maintain than others. They usually consisted of a single winner that was awarded 50 gems or so for their winning or maybe even a t-shirt. They already have their LTQs in game they have just seemed to drop their "community interaction" events here on the forums. twitter and facebook. Which, they want to bring back. So I think its a good idea to attempt to arrange an event for people to participate in here on the forums, beside, you log in daily anyway. Why not have a chance to win something just for posting something on a thread.

IDEA:
    have a poll for a "name that unit event". If at all possible keep the poll results completely private. Then have something like this..
    Pick a name for this unit!

[IMAGE]

1)Blank
    2)Empty
    3)Invisible
    4)Null
    5)Clear

Members then vote on the unit name through the polling option. For the name that wins, every member who voted for that name gets a prize (gems, loot, gold etc.. Then that unit itself could be awarded in game through some easy(not too challenging just short of giving it away) LTQ. That way everyone has a little chance to win the community inspired unit. It could be fun. Then you could also promote the forum that way. When the splash screen for the LTQ pops up in-game, you could put something that references the forum and how others could get involved in future events. Just an idea
    Matthew 7:3-5

Post Count
    Alright folks op should be updated tonight. Going to let this run till the end of the weekend then close it so we can start moving forward on these things!

Again thanks to everyone who has chipped in with some ideas, feedback or just to say thanks!

~Sirius

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Alright folks op should be updated tonight. Going to let this run till the end of the weekend then close it so we can start moving forward on these things!

Again thanks to everyone who has chipped in with some ideas, feedback or just to say thanks!

~Sirius
    Sirius whatever you guys are going to do im asking you to use the community how it was attended to. Its not just for players to talk and discuss. Its a means for you to communicate with us as well.
    I remember you guys posting an explanation on the conquest battles. But since then we have had lots of new events and we never got any explanation the event. Every time we need to find out ourselves with lots of complaining. Then things go wrong and we complain more.
    Whatever you guys are thinking im urging you to communicate on events, its Q&As and the issues that pop up. Lets start with current epic boss and the accompanied mist of the GQ
    KA 513742975

Forum Dragon Knights - Immortals ( FDI )

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by It's all a dream View Post
    Sirius whatever you guys are going to do im asking you to use the community how it was attended to. Its not just for players to talk and discuss. Its a means for you to communicate with us as well.
    I remember you guys posting an explanation on the conquest battles. But since then we have had lots of new events and we never got any explanation the event. Every time we need to find out ourselves with lots of complaining. Then things go wrong and we complain more.
    Whatever you guys are thinking im urging you to communicate on events, its Q&As and the issues that pop up. Lets start with current epic boss and the accompanied mist of the GQ
    Couldn't agree more. Well said!

Post Count
    Thanks folks!