Are you feeling burnt-out?? - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: How Burnt-out are you?

Voters
258. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am on the verge of quitting

105 40.70%
  • I'm seriously burnt-out (stopped or very limited on gold usage)

104 40.31%
  • I am starting to feel a little, hasn't changed in gold spending

24 9.30%
  • I am feeling good

25 9.69%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you feeling burnt-out??

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dispohero View Post
    i voted i am feeling good.i participate in the events i want, when i want. i spend what i want, when i want. im not concerned about keeping up with the joneses. my stats can beat some, but can't beat others. oh, well.
    That's the way to do it. I'm the same

But I can fully understand everyone else's frustration especially for players who spent a lot of gold in the past for items which have no value today. However, this was the only way GREE was going to go, to bring in a new generation of players or keep existing players still willing to spend, to keep on spending. Of course there will be attrition but they are hoping these players will be replaced by new ones.
    Last edited by Dutchie; 09-28-2013 at 03:30 AM.

Post Count
    I know entire syndicates on the verge of quitting.
    Most of them in Top25-50 range.

Who will spend gold in their place?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by N41LZ View Post
    I know entire syndicates on the verge of quitting.
    Most of them in Top25-50 range.

Who will spend gold in their place?
    With the excessive stats inflation, it allows new players to quickly reach the stats needed to compete for these places. However, top 25 upwards would be mission improbable...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofwale View Post
    **now that the survey is over 400 samples... With 80% of people either quitting or stopped their normal spending. Gree. are you going to continue to blind yourself?? Let's have an open dialogue for a solution (stop crazy stat inflation)**
    I only see 200 samples (from forum users).

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I am not feeling burnt out at all, I enjoy playing everday, it only gets better

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Nobody likes to take responsibility but the people you should be blaming are the ones that buy more than necessary. That's right its your fault. Why you ask? Well its pretty obvious. When you throw money at a company they will do the same thing over and over in short periods of times to keep making that money as long as someone is buying.

Every game gets to this point. They find a way to get people to spend and once they find out what that is they keep doing it. In this case its doing events back to back non-stop and they wont stop until those top players in top 100 syndicates stop spending so much. Unfortunately for you they wont and these events will keep coming until there is no one left buying which is when the game ends.

Unless you get everyone to boycott events they will keep them going until theyve gotten every dollar possible. I just started so not burnt out and I know ill never reach top player status. These types of games require more money than skill so if you want to be the best and stay at the top then you better keep buying, quit or settle for the highest possible rank/status as a free player.

End rant.
    KiK/LINE: Shadypal

Prominent Poet
    (noun) lo•ca•tion [loh-key-shuh n] a place of settlement, activity or residence.
    Post Count
    I'm in the middle at my level, I only spend light gold and have 5xx,xxx/5xx,xxx stats at my level, and I don't get robbed much.
    Proud Leader of CCKkillers
    Join room [cck recruiting] on palringo, and we can talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach139 View Post
    @ CCKalDAY: Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbengie View Post
    thanks CCKallday
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Larry View Post
    I wish I could punch this thread in the face

Prominent Poet
    (noun) lo•ca•tion [loh-key-shuh n] a place of settlement, activity or residence.
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Travers View Post
    I am not feeling burnt out at all, I enjoy playing everday, it only gets better
    It only gets worse for me
    Proud Leader of CCKkillers
    Join room [cck recruiting] on palringo, and we can talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach139 View Post
    @ CCKalDAY: Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbengie View Post
    thanks CCKallday
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Larry View Post
    I wish I could punch this thread in the face

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadypal View Post
    Nobody likes to take responsibility but the people you should be blaming are the ones that buy more than necessary. That's right its your fault. Why you ask? Well its pretty obvious. When you throw money at a company they will do the same thing over and over in short periods of times to keep making that money as long as someone is buying.

Every game gets to this point. They find a way to get people to spend and once they find out what that is they keep doing it. In this case its doing events back to back non-stop and they wont stop until those top players in top 100 syndicates stop spending so much. Unfortunately for you they wont and these events will keep coming until there is no one left buying which is when the game ends.

Unless you get everyone to boycott events they will keep them going until theyve gotten every dollar possible. I just started so not burnt out and I know ill never reach top player status. These types of games require more money than skill so if you want to be the best and stay at the top then you better keep buying, quit or settle for the highest possible rank/status as a free player.

End rant.
    So you're saying I should spend more to prevent them from cancelling my favourite events?

Ok.

edit/I hope you all enjoy these inclusive leaderboard events, instead of those silly elitist PvPs....
    Last edited by bald zeemer; 09-30-2013 at 12:30 PM.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatherllama View Post
    Protip: stop attacking him back and giving him a link to your hood. Best way to get rid of a pest is avoid giving a link and then dropping a bunch of mafia so you don't appear on his rivals list after your link has fallen off his newsfeed.
    Thank you for the tip! Unfortunately I have tried to leave him alone in hopes he would let it go but he seeks me out on his list and is willing to put in the time to find my player which in turn pisses me off and I end up attacking his mickey mouse hood again even though its not worth it. I can beat up his entire hood for what he gets from one building from me. He's almost 400k attack and in near 500k defense so tbh being picked on in this game is somethin I never had to deal with much as the people my level who are stronger generally leave me alone as I do them.

I appreciate your suggestion and maybe its worth droppin some mafia to avoid this dude since hrs relentless. I don't rob the same people like that and thought it was kind of cc etiquette. this has been goin on since two pvps ago! My plan was to get stronger and have it solve the problem for me however he grows as fast as I do so pretty much right where we started. Thanks again and cheers!

Post Count
    Maybe a bit simplistic, but have you messaged him on his wall? It might or might not help and I know the frustration of someone sitting in your hood all hours of the day seemingly, even worse when you attack back then post and they come back with "you stop picking on me and I stop picking on you" line. Like I say, it might work or not but it might be worth a try, be polite and hopefully they have the intelligence to get it?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
    Thank you for the tip! Unfortunately I have tried to leave him alone in hopes he would let it go but he seeks me out on his list and is willing to put in the time to find my player which in turn pisses me off and I end up attacking his mickey mouse hood again even though its not worth it. I can beat up his entire hood for what he gets from one building from me. He's almost 400k attack and in near 500k defense so tbh being picked on in this game is somethin I never had to deal with much as the people my level who are stronger generally leave me alone as I do them.

I appreciate your suggestion and maybe its worth droppin some mafia to avoid this dude since hrs relentless. I don't rob the same people like that and thought it was kind of cc etiquette. this has been goin on since two pvps ago! My plan was to get stronger and have it solve the problem for me however he grows as fast as I do so pretty much right where we started. Thanks again and cheers!
    I am in the same boat, I have a guy that is in me 24/7. I offered politely to mob up, no response, everything I sent was no response. My income was 13mil an hour, his barely a mil. I can't drop mob, because I already have and he has only 99 mob. I can't let him level up, we are up in the 225 level, where we can all see each other.

My solution was to say hell with collecting my buildings, I just leave em robbed. Now I am in his hood every time I am on, and he is building LTB buildings, so I am hitting him pretty good.

In other words, I have made him my source of income. Sure, I make a lot less, but eventually he will see that I can do this forever and his only reasonable actions are to get way stronger or mob up with me.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    ... I have a guy that is in me 24/7...
    hmm, typo perchance?
    Last edited by Sideline Sal; 09-30-2013 at 02:50 PM. Reason: did not want to be removed from forum

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideline Sal View Post
    hmm, typo perchance?
    Perchance...

Post Count
    @ jojo,
    haha... well i guess it gets even more complicated because like i said this has been going on since two pvps ago and he was just littering my wall daily with all kinds of silly comments so finally i blocked him and seemingly he has blocked me as well so this all goes on with no back and forth communication lol. before it got too ridiculous i told him i was done etc he still came back i swear he lives under a bridge somewhere.though he only is successful on about 50% of robs but still cleans my clock for a weeks pay on his iph from one hit from my hood. Ive thought about just dropping enough gold to get 150-200k defense above him but I really dont want to give gree any money given the current state of the game. i still collect my 12/24 hr buildings but my gemstore and stills night clubs get hit regularly i wish i wouldnt have even bought em. Im addicted to this dumb ass game, i truly enjoy it as a way to burn some time on your phone when ya got a minute but i cant justify spending real money on it when all these events changing the game the way they have. ive played since before the battles even albeit on another account i just am kind of missing the old school cc lately and dont want to spend to support these changes.

@ Max,

hopefully it doesnt come to that but i guess that is an option if it gets more ridiculous than it already is. This guy literally has one good building to rob and hes on point with it for the most part recently. i actually had it down to when it was collecting as i would rob it and when he got back on he would come right to my hood and rob me so i would just calculate an estimate as to when it collected and it was going great until it got to like 3AM when it was collecting then i lost it. sorry to hear your in same boat... we should get a list going of all of the #(%#(%$# out there so the people can be aware that if they mess with them itll never stop.

cheers guys