Gold depreciating value - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gold depreciating value

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by acesneights View Post
    Looks like the new 100K unit will cost about 1 million energy or 20,000 Gold or 13 vaults or $1300 US or about ONE OUNCE of REAL PHYSICAL GOLD.
    Your estimation is WAAAY off.
    VFF Legends

Lurker
    Post Count

OK, so how much energy to finish all 172 missions?

Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    Your estimation is WAAAY off.
    How far and where is it off?

172 missions at 6k average per mission is 1 million energy.

Last Prestige missions are in the 30K range.

Banned
    Post Count
    Yah, Hooligan, very true - now they [greed] is raping us, eh?...

Post Count
    It's takes about 6k gold to finish the individual LTQ (Doing it very fast). Then whatever else you spend on the faction LTQ.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Spending money on this game is pretty much pointless. In a month a free player will easily pass you with units they hand out practically better then the units that cost money to get the previous month. The only way to enjoy this game is to be free or to spend all your money on it weekly. Especially with all the events going on.
    KELLHOUNDS top 50 faction
    recruitment thread:
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...44#post1267044

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade of 3 View Post
    Spending money on this game is pretty much pointless. In a month a free player will easily pass you with units they hand out practically better then the units that cost money to get the previous month. The only way to enjoy this game is to be free or to spend all your money on it weekly. Especially with all the events going on.
    It's gonna be a looooooong time before an all free player gets a 100k unit my friend. Gold users will always have the upper hand, as long as they are smart how they spend the gold
    Do unto others. If somebody beats you up, don't complain and act like a total wimp, just bulk up and fight back!

Post Count
    How far and where is it off?

172 missions at 6k average per mission is 1 million energy.

Last Prestige missions are in the 30K range.
    Who told you it was 172 missions at 6k average per mission?

Looks to be about 4 Vaults if you don't include any regen time or level ups. 4 Vaults = $400 assuming you buy your gold full price and don't ever get any bonus gold. Realistically anyone completing this probably buys gold at 20% off and also gets the 1k bonus (15k gold)

Or 33.75 gold per $. Or $178 to complete.

If they buy gold at a better rate (40% off sale) Itunes cards on sale or buy gold in increments of 2k or more then its even less.
    VFF Legends

Post Count
    Looks like the new 100K unit will cost about 1 million energy or 20,000 Gold or 13 vaults or $1300 US or about ONE OUNCE of REAL PHYSICAL GOLD.
    How far and where is it off?172 missions at 6k average per mission is 1 million energy. Last Prestige missions are in the 30K range.
    Bizarre calculations! First off, half of the 172 missions are team based! But let's say your calculations are based on a one man faction, the average is much less than 6k!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by andymac106 View Post
    It's gonna be a looooooong time before an all free player gets a 100k unit my friend. Gold users will always have the upper hand, as long as they are smart how they spend the gold
    From a medium gold spender to a free players perspective the costs of the medium players gold becomes useless. Obviously if you're a heavy spender that gets the 100k and 50k units you are just assuring your lead to last longer. You can get accumulative units that will make up for that unit for free in a few weeks, or so depending. You're just buying time ahead of the game.
    KELLHOUNDS top 50 faction
    recruitment thread:
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...44#post1267044

Post Count
    A free player could possibly do better than a light/medium gold player if they are part of a faction that completes all of the faction LTQs and extra WD goals. However, that faction will more than likely have to use a good bit of gold to achieve those goals. I used to use what I considered a lot of gold ($500-$1000) a month but now I just buy a couple of vaults for war and occasional event. Wish I.had enough money to complete this latest LTQ but hopefully the next one will be even better Good luck everyone!
    Last edited by K4H; 09-25-2013 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake...oops

Neither here nor there... mostly everywhere, but nowhere..
    Post Count
    For those that would like to have a life, events will be missed. Being a free player, for me the problem is directly related to the constant barrage of events.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhoan View Post
    For those that would like to have a life, events will be missed. Being a free player, for me the problem is directly related to the constant barrage of events.
    Not entirely true... Its time management and commitment

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade of 3 View Post
    I hope you were trying to be funny, as the third option can also increase your fun, which is to dabble a little gold here and there. Given how iffy the game is, I just can't get myself to spend serious money on it. But I'm willing to spend my Starbucks money since it would have gone to some sort of consumption, both making me happier.

Consistent Contributor nkeywithdnb's Avatar
    Post Count
    I finished solo LTQ before the revised FLTQ started (recieved the freedom 33 Unit). It cost me about 4 vaults. My faction is currently pushing the faction LTQ with minimal gold until end and we are Pretty close to being finished. All though level 39 & 40 prestige solo cost me about 47k to 48k energy alone. That is about 1000 gold for 2 levels. But lets be real, by far the largest gains for any event ever on Modern War. I am all in on that.
    Dave

356 516 232
    ADD ME

------------Recruiting Information------------
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...cruiting-Now!)

Post Count
    It's a failed system because every event will have to trump the last event to pique the buyers interest