How Gree Pairs Factions in War is Fouled IMO

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How Gree Pairs Factions in War is Fouled IMO

Post Count

How Gree Pairs Factions in War is Fouled IMO

Gree -
    I am the leader of a top 150 faction. Last war, we were paired against two teams that none of us could hit and trust me, we scouted heavily. The result in each case was our streaks were immediately halted as we were paired with team we could never beat unless we spent vault after vault hitting the command center for 80 pts/hit. As a result, the gap continues to widen between the top teams and the middle or lower teams who can never get a good winning streak.

It seems Gree is placing too much emphasis on points to date and not recognizing the attributes of the team members. As a result, these high powered teams are intentionally keeping their points low for the first couple of days so they can feast on teams like mine which is very competitive if given the chance to compete.

Please review your formula for pairing factions so each team has an equal chance of putting a real streak together. Please include average attack and average defense into the equation as clearly, the pendulum seems to favor WD points to a greater degree.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Of course it is, how would you fix it

Our 38 member faction got pitted against a 20 member faction. Every one of them was 1.2 million or better attack. We had to sit out a whole battle, no one we could hit. That faction was created just to do the war quests, as soon as they got enough points to beat us they quit attacking. They weren't interested in ranking for the war, just in beating the quests. I'm sure they placed top 750 and walked away with 50,000 points in units.

There is always going to be someone trying to beat the system. And Gree is always going to go for your wallet. Matches should be by number of members, previous placement and current average member strength. Depending on how they have their databases set that could be a simple thing to pull or a lot of math that has to be done. After seeing how matches are done over the last few months, I am guessing they are going for the intensive, complicated math routines. And after the last quest, I think they are farming their work out to India and Pakistan, that is the quality we have come to expect from those third world contract programmers.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Couldn't agree more, with both of you guys.

There have already been several threads on the matching system and a pretty lame response GREE. They are blaming 'player behaviour' as the primary reason for the bad match ups....give me a break!

They introduced the consecutive wins prize and didn't think that the smartarse guys would figure out how to game the system, oh please, why do we bother with this game....???

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    These types of thread crack me up!

Why act so surprised? Gree changes the game and players react. Adapt and overcome. If we're going for a win streak why would we want to get matched against Top factions? The LTQ is designed for SUP1 and lower factions. It's very simple. Should we all carry on as normal for the sake of fair play?

All of us in between have to find alternatives to compete. And you're dead right. Every faction is out there keeping their score low 'hoping' they not get matched against a top faction to keep their win streak intact.

Get used to it.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    An even better example is the faction GO DG. We faced them twice. 11 members, all over a mil defense except 1 who had 750k. DL had 2.2 mil.

As of late Saturday they were still in T1000. A perfect gaming of the matching system.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DILL3NGER View Post

Why act so surprised? Gree changes the game and players react. Adapt and overcome. If we're going for a win streak why would we want to get matched against Top factions? The LTQ is designed for SUP1 and lower factions. It's very simple. Should we all carry on as normal for the sake of fair play?

All of us in between have to find alternatives to compete. And you're dead right. Every faction is out there keeping their score low 'hoping' they not get matched against a top faction to keep their win streak intact.

Get used to it.
    Sorry, you misunderstand me. I'm not surprised, I'm mad as heck....
    GREE have created this situation in their never ending efforts to get us to cough up more gold. And the irony is that the guys fighting in these new, lower ranked 'super' factions (can't think of anything better to call them, lol) can get away with spending a lot less gold than when they were fighting in their Top 10 teams.....LMAO

Banned
    Post Count

DUH

You really think the the top 25 want to face SUP. This stagegy worked well for us and achieved all our
    goals.

Consistent Contributor Cannibalpaul's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by willb125 View Post
    An even better example is the faction GO DG. We faced them twice. 11 members, all over a mil defense except 1 who had 750k. DL had 2.2 mil.

As of late Saturday they were still in T1000. A perfect gaming of the matching system.
    We Faced GO DG once and two other 8-12 member teams with the weakest monster being 1.6mil def, two of times we where in the process of achieving a goal, and we could only hit the command center and they didn't even have a wall to get points off of and they were just sitting there with 6k to our 2k, and the last team like this all we did was hit the DL once with 2.4mil def. and didn't spend any gold. so gree lost money with us.

Post Count
    Preaching to the choir. We are probably around the OPs strength and we were THINKING about spending a bit of gold to assure us top 150 even though the prize was garbage...

We got matched our last battle with TheGunners, Top 5 in India, Top 5 in France (no big deal).

We decided not to open our wallets further as we could only hit one person on their roster.

OSOK is Recruiting for Top 20: www.powerbang.info/OSOK/recruiting

Come see what all the fuss is about

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DILL3NGER View Post

Get used to it.
    Exactly, Funzio and now Gree have always changed the way things work. Why the only good strategy is one of adapting to the parameters as they evolve. In other words adapt or die. It sucks when you have a strategy game where having a long term strategy is a mistake but that is the way it has been since pretty much day 1.

I came to the conclusion a long time ago that not caring was the best strategy along with playing for fun and free. If I win some nice unit great, but I'm perfectly happy not spending a small fortune only to get pissed off that after all that I got beat by someone more clever than me.

But small super factions are the logical way to play these events now.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Originally I thought it was based on WDP, because we got slaughtered by a team with stats double ours. But then, we completely decimated a faction 1/4 our WDP. You'd think "Oh, it balances out." No, not when you're going for 4th win for the award. We never got over 3 in a row for this reason, so you can say 50% of the time it paired us with bad rivals (too strong 25% too weak 25%). The only upside to the loss is I know we gave horrible points for all the gold they spent.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I would bet that exactly 50% of the people playing are *****ing about getting paired against stronger factions while the other 50% is happy about getting paired with a weaker one. My faction believes we either got very lucky every time or found a trick to getting lower ranked opponents. we finished around 200ish and were consistently paired up with 300-1000 teams, with only the very occasional higher ranked opponent. usually we would find one or 2 that gave high points and a few of us would spend out small amounts of gold on them, but our weaker and lower lvl players had targets as well. It made for a fun event for the entire faction. If you dont want to face factions full of 1 million + players then drop down a few, save your money, use the extra cash to buy a nicer car, and find a faction that is more about having fun than going for the extra rewards. you will find that the loot for top 250 is pretty darn ok, and well worth the reduced stress, responsibility, and coin in your pocket

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalpaul View Post
    We Faced GO DG once and two other 8-12 member teams with the weakest monster being 1.6mil def, two of times we where in the process of achieving a goal, and we could only hit the command center and they didn't even have a wall to get points off of and they were just sitting there with 6k to our 2k, and the last team like this all we did was hit the DL once with 2.4mil def. and didn't spend any gold. so gree lost money with us.
    Yeah, we matched with GO DG when we were 4/5 on a streak. And we won! They got lazy, holding only a 1200 lead so we bum rushed their CC with 30 seconds to go and stole the win!