From gold to free, thanks to GREE ... France was the last straw

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: From gold to free, thanks to GREE ... France was the last straw

Articulate Author
    Post Count

From gold to free, thanks to GREE ... France was the last straw

Figured I'd start with a rhyme. Why not?

I've been playing MW for well over a year. Got a terrible start because I did what the game told me to do: LEVEL UP!! (GREE games are the only games in the world in which they tell you what you specifically should NOT do ... every other game actually helps you level up appropriately; how stupid is that??). I've since rectified that situation by ignoring bad events, doing good ones, and getting into great factions.

In that time I've spent for a vault or so every 2-3 months. NO MORE!

I'm now a free player. In all 3 games: MW, KA and CC. Why?

The France leaderboard screw up was the last straw. They supposedly froze the leaderboard in-game in the last 30 minutes or so. I checked many, many times in the last few minutes to make sure that we were in the top 150. We were --- by a good 100K WD point margin easily. Then we finish outside of 150. By a measly 13K WD points. That's 10 seconds of hits for us. But we didn't. Why? Because GREE told us that we were in the top 150 and so we stopped firing. So this is the last straw. I've yet to complain about any of the multitude of GREE's software screw-ups. So this is my first. And they get no more money. Yeah I'm only one guy, but I'm ONE MORE customer who is fed up. Glitch after screw up after bad decision after ... the list is endless.

Interesting that GREE screwed up the KA war standings 2 weeks ago. Screwed up CC war standings last week. And now screwed up MW war standings this week. Anyone see a pattern?

For info: I am not doing this blindly. I love this game (though I'm not sure why ... I think it's my faction .. the social aspect is fantastic). But I also understand software development. I run a team of SW developers and we design and develop SW that is a helluva lot more complex than these games are. And our screw ups are few, and minor. Why? BECAUSE WE TEST! And do you know what we do after we test? WE TEST SOME MORE!!! This is not rocket science. But GREE clearly just dumps random crap code together and throws it out there for us, its customers, to use and get angry at least once a week. Another pattern. GREE uses its customer base as its Beta testers. Seriously. That is how bad these software issues are. Constant. Consistent. Very bad. All of these should be ironed out well before they go to production. In one of the games a month or so ago they got everyone to begin a quest before it started. Why? Because their art department posted the quest dates a day early. So everyone began them, got tons of useless XP, all a day before the event began. I cannot say how terribly stupid that is. Words just won't do it justice.

So agree or disagree. I don't care. I'm done spending money. I will tap like crazy for Tapjoy gold and gems in all three games. I'll have my credit score checked and I'll have my windows estimated and I'll watch Nokia phone commercials 100 times (not really ...). But my credit card will no longer touch the iTunes store for any GREE games until I see a good constant pattern of consistently good coding and bug-free gaming. And I have a feeling that this won't happen for a very long time. They appear to just be that bad. Other companies learn. GREE doesn't. And doesn't seem to care.

End of rant. And end of money. Respond or don't. I don't care. I've made my statement. This will do little to GREE's bottom line, but will do a lot to make me a much happier player. And since GREE can't do that, I'll do it myself.

Articulate Author alphakennybody's Avatar
    Post Count
    Preach....

Consistent Contributor Viva la Revolution's Avatar
    Post Count
    had the same probleme with top 50, luckily (for gree) we finished in top 50
    Join the Revolution !

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by alphakennybody View Post
    Preach....
    Definitely. From one of my bestest factionmates ...

Consistent Contributor Vltor_Ace's Avatar
    Post Count
    Preach it Warren! We missed top 400 by one hit... one measly hit... we thought we had a 50k cushion and still scored over 60k in last match for good measure. Now it shows we are 350 points out of top 400!

I didnt miss the k... just 350 points. That equals one hit away... the leaderboard screwup was our final straw also. I have 50 members, of those 40 spent light gold ($20 each)... that is $4000 gree will not see next time.

Sirius... are you there? Is there any way for gree to fix this huge screwup? I dont want free gold or easier LTQs... i want the units that we should have earned!

Consistent Contributor Viva la Revolution's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vltor_Ace View Post
    Preach it Warren! We missed top 400 by one hit... one measly hit... we thought we had a 50k cushion and still scored over 60k in last match for good measure. Now it shows we are 350 points out of top 400!

I didnt miss the k... just 350 points. That equals one hit away... the leaderboard screwup was our final straw also. I have 50 members, of those 40 spent light gold ($20 each)... that is $4000 gree will not see next time.

Sirius... are you there? Is there any way for gree to fix this huge screwup? I dont want free gold or easier LTQs... i want the units that we should have earned!
    that sucks....... send a ticket to gree, mabye u will get some free gold
    Join the Revolution !

Lurker
    Post Count

well spoken

Before all the haters get in here and tell him to "stop whinning" or "just quit", think about this. His post was well written and obviously well thought out. He is a customer here, as are all of us, and he has a right to complain about substandard products that he has obviously paid for. If that isn't good enough for the haters, just remember that this is a forum where people come to comment on the game so instead of hating, just stfu!!!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by smack it View Post
    Before all the haters get in here and tell him to "stop whinning" or "just quit", think about this. His post was well written and obviously well thought out. He is a customer here, as are all of us, and he has a right to complain about substandard products that he has obviously paid for. If that isn't good enough for the haters, just remember that this is a forum where people come to comment on the game so instead of hating, just stfu!!!
    I appreciate that, but no haters yet. And I don't really care if they hop in. Said so in my OP. But thanks for the pre-hate post.

And it's been an hour since I posted my first. Have they fixed the games yet? Should I buy a vault? Why is this taking so long???? (I love sarcasm ... especially when aimed at stupid ...)

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vltor_Ace View Post

ACE!!!! That ending sucks worse than ours sucked. We'll vent to each other in CC ... FOR FREE!!! Now go kill some bosses before it ends tonight ...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    The froze leaderboard on purpose at the end so people dump all their gold , we lost top 25 because of leaderboard. U send them ticket and they come back to u with typical bs instead of fixing that they response u with lame excuses.

Consistent Contributor tnorman78's Avatar
    Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    The leader board freeze cost us too...needs to be fixed...it determine whether more gold is used for the cushion or not

Post Count
    Gree still gets money from Tapjoy through the companies that post those offers and videos.

You only win when you don't play, otherwise the big wheel will still turn.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Angry We had the same issue

We were inside the top 400 by almost 60k when it froze. I find it very hard to believe that many factions were able to pour on that many points in the last few minutes to knock us down 80 slots in the ranking. Gree just continues to mess up. At least they screwed up to our favor with the guild quest, but that still doesn't make up for the fact that I fought hard all weekend and spent a load of gold to get us well into the top 400 only to have it taken away by faulty software.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    seems to be happening all over the place, We finished 13 places outside top 250, but looking at our point totals and the totals from the team in top 250, we have more points?? just doesnt make sense, not to
    mention the gold that was spent to remain inside to 250.. pain in the......

Post Count
    If you think that any less amount of teams still wouldn't dump gold to compete for the next tier if the scoreboard WASN'T frozen... You're nuts. The same competitive drive and will to win exists whether you have the score board is off or not. I would go as far as to say LESS gold is spent when the board is off... too many teams thinking their cushion is good enough and coasting into the finish line. What would happen if the score was on? Obviously they realize their score is not sufficient, and they SPEND MORE GOLD. If they don't achieve their goal you a. Still have their money, and b. Don't have a TON of angry customers for some ridiculous gimmick you insist on keeping in the game.

OSOK is Recruiting for Top 20: www.powerbang.info/OSOK/recruiting

Come see what all the fuss is about