solution for unused materials.

By the time players reach the higher levels they often have ridiculous amounts of materials that are too low grade to use much.
    Yeah yeah I know for fusion, but do I really need 980 earth shards for that. Same thing applys to the monos and even duals and 3*
    Outside of the current quest most 100+ players could still build the big four twice over. Without even trying during the course of leveling to a hundred I acquired enough material to build armor of the infernal lord + 3 times. The problem is obvious. There is no easy constructive way to get rid of excess materials.

As a solution I would propose a mini guild war battle, a Duel so to speak. In which any two guild could mutually agree to an hour long duel. With no gemspending allowed but instead either fueled by excess materials, or with the normal guild war type prizes for the duels winner, supplied as part of an up front wager on the battle. Anything to reduce these huge piles of wasted material ill never use.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladineguru View Post
    By the time players reach the higher levels they often have ridiculous amounts of materials that are too low grade to use much.
    Yeah yeah I know for fusion, but do I really need 980 earth shards for that. Same thing applys to the monos and even duals and 3*
    Outside of the current quest most 100+ players could still build the big four twice over. Without even trying during the course of leveling to a hundred I acquired enough material to build armor of the infernal lord + 3 times. The problem is obvious. There is no easy constructive way to get rid of excess materials.

As a solution I would propose a mini guild war battle, a Duel so to speak. In which any two guild could mutually agree to an hour long duel. With no gemspending allowed but instead either fueled by excess materials, or with the normal guild war type prizes for the duels winner, supplied as part of an up front wager on the battle. Anything to reduce these huge piles of wasted material ill never use.
    Questions:

How do these guilds decide to pair up? There isn't a cross-guild chat option yet. Only the forums. Or will it be random?
    Say the pairing is random. You have 1k extra earth shards you want to get rid of. What if you're paired against someone with 10k? No gems involved, but man, you just got owned by a farmer. How does that make you feel?

What are the rewards? Are you wagering your own materials as rewards? Are you expecting rewards from Gree for getting rid of your mats?

Good intentions, but... don't think you'd get many people to bite.

I think the easiest solution would be to let us just sell them off.
    Last edited by busteroaf; 09-22-2013 at 08:20 PM.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

I don't really see a problem because extra materials don't take up any space. If they did, then that would be a different story. Having 6k earth shards isn't affecting me in any way.

For me also dont have any issue too... but if can just sell those materials for golds will be better. ^_^
    IGN: 7unz
    Level: 310
    Start playing : july 2013. (Android Player)
    Retired - Dec 2013

Also, just to add on to the points stated above, what kind of 'normal guild war type prizes'? There could be a lot of easy ways to exploit this kind of mini 1 v 1 guild battles. As long as there are rewards, it would quite easily mean giving free armors to guilds with a little communication among the guilds.
    Knights and Dragons iOS.
    Guild: Rainbow Room
    Main knight's named Aiden.

My friend's list is currently full, i won't be able to accept new players at the moment.

Cheers, my fellow knights!

Supplied by contenders, how many old or useless armors do you have laying around. Those could be put up as prizes, make the pairing available to guild champions, better yet limit the battle to the champion yet fueled by the whole guilds pooled mats, if the combatants are supplying the prizes and the refill fuel (mats, armors) or let the whole guild fight but give the champion a duel bonus similar to sentinel, but attack oriented vs sentinels defense role in war. Giving gold for mats could unbalance whatever they are doing now. My way gives us a non gem fueled way to duel, a role that's currently underused a purpose in line with its name ( champion) , and is a material sink for excess mats.

Truyen cuoi hay nhat, truyen cuoi dan gian, tuyen tap truyen cuoi, truyen tieu lam , truyen hai huoc, truyen cuoi tieu lam, tuyển tập các truyện cười hay nhất.

Ooh I wanna play!

Did someone say extra materials?

shards.jpg

(Just can't resist hitting special attack while farming snakeskin...)
    IGN: Theorycrafter (level 250+)
    Proud member of The Rainbow Room, even though the guild has moved on.
    Part of the Rainbow Coalition

Here is my idea:

Guildguardians take mats
    Make them cost a bit less gold but you need mats to buy and to lvl them. Or even armors maybe.

So you could get rid of your mats, and lower lvl guys in your guild can contribute to the guild better as they are still farming lower lvl dungeons for Exp ergo getting mats all the time.

The higher the mat / armor you use for your guardian the faster it lvls or the stronger per lvl it gets. It could work just like the enhancement screen of the fusion master.

What do you think?
    Last edited by shush; 09-23-2013 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by busteroaf View Post
    How do these guilds decide to pair up? There isn't a cross-guild chat option yet. Only the forums. Or will it be random?
    Say the pairing is random. You have 1k extra earth shards you want to get rid of. What if you're paired against someone with 10k? No gems involved, but man, you just got owned by a farmer. How does that make you feel?

its the same with normal guild wars when u face ppl spending 2k euros/dollars to this game, so no big deal in this point i guess

but i would mention a sell or auction house where u can sell this stuff to other players(if there are buyers, because i dont think some1 buys earth shards ) or sell them to the "game" back for gold, this would actually make the players who farm the whole day benefit from it(beside ltq)

Cor blimey mate, what are you doing in me pockets!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwinz View Post

For me also dont have any issue too... but if can just sell those materials for golds will be better. ^_^
    I agree. Perhaps a good formula for selling stuff this way is this?

Amount of gold needed to craft armor : (amount of materials needed to craft armor x 2)
    So in this case it'd be 50 gold for shards, 63 gold for uncommon materials, 188 gold for snakeskins, 500 for typhoon gems etc.
    Would be a great extra if you have lots of them, perhaps less gold per material if it's overrated.
    [BACK WITH NEW ACCOUNT]
    WCP-WXR-FMX (Android)
    In-Game Name SA Veeke DSB
    Level: 80+
    Maxed: N/A
    WIP: Chaotic Hellguard + (28/99) Voidwalker's Shelter + (23/99) Explorer's Piecemail (23/99) Summoner's Garb (17/99) Rivenborn Aegis (10/99)

Give guildmasters a button in guild to search by guild name, and an option for guild duel. Give champions the same option but for a personal duel with other guild.champions. if your worried about free armors passing to easily then make the pairing random. I just think
    It would be nice for the champion to have a role that's useful and in line with its name, using mats for fuel on either guildwide scale or in the personal duels would just make an easy sink for a useless item.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladineguru View Post
    Give guildmasters a button in guild to search by guild name, and an option for guild duel. Give champions the same option but for a personal duel with other guild.champions. if your worried about free armors passing to easily then make the pairing random. I just think
    It would be nice for the champion to have a role that's useful and in line with its name, using mats for fuel on either guildwide scale or in the personal duels would just make an easy sink for a useless item.
    Okay, so even if its random... the rewards? You give your own armors as a reward? Who is going to give away something good? Oh, I've got this 3rd random mono-epic I can't use. Why not use that?

Can you deny the duel? Any idea how long you think it would last before you have people never finding a match (because they don't like the reward the other guild offered) or people that complain about getting hosed, and losing their armors over and over?

Also, once you win your reward, how is it distributed? The champion decides? Couldn't this again be a rigged system of "who wants to buy XYZ armor from our last Guild Duel win?" Swapping in/out toons just to give away free armors.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off