A brief explanation about earning max IP per attack in Syndicate Wars

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A brief explanation about earning max IP per attack in Syndicate Wars

Post Count

A brief explanation about earning max IP per attack in Syndicate Wars

I have kept loose track of my IP payouts in the past 5 wars-- meaning, any time I was home at my laptop, and had a target to dump gold on. Unfortunately, my list wasn't nearly as extensive as I thought was when I had it in a single Notepad file-- it includes 1550 attacks, which obviously I've done quite a bit more than in the past 6 syndicate wars. I also seem to have missed recording a war or two entirely for some reason, and as a result, my data wasn't quite as crystal clear in demonstrating what I thought it'd demonstrate. But I've been sitting on it for a while and figured I might as well get it out now.

Really briefly, by "max IP per attack," I am referring to the IP payout you get when you hit a sufficiently high level target. With +25% IP bonus, which all of my figures are, this is a range of 281-563 IP, with a 422.5 IP average. If your IP bonus is different from +25%, you simply need to divide each of those figures by 1.25, and multiply the result by (1 + your IP bonus).

Eg. if you have +15% IP, a 422.5 IP avg becomes: (422.5 / 1.25) = 338 * (1 + 0.15) = 388.7 IP max avg with +15% IP.

The first and ONLY factor in determining max IP payout is your opponent's level-- more specifically, the key difference is the XP difference.

That is to say that NO, you do NOT get more IP in syndicate wars for attacking stronger targets or players with higher defenses. I'm fairly sure of this, because I had to red/green the only hittable target on a team, a level 215 iteachem back when the Indians were worth a **** (err, I mean a Top 3 team) and we matched them for our last battle as DFA was clinging to Top 25. I didn't record IP payouts for that match (nor IP payouts on targets that I weren't positive would give me max IP), so I don't know the exactly where you can draw the XP difference line for max points, but if it were true that attacking a higher defense target gave more points, this would manifest itself in my overall IP average, which it did not, it stayed a static 420 IP/attack (+25% IP). I have thousands of screenshots, so if needed, I can dig up my overall IP total before and after that Indian match, but hopefully you'll take my word.

This "XP difference" being the only factor that determines when you get max IP for hitting a target explains why you need a much greater level difference at low levels to earn max IP-- because while the difference between level 152 and 153 is about 11.5k XP, that same amount of XP would take you from level 1 to level 30. So killing a player "29 levels above you" is a much bigger deal at higher levels, when a player 29 levels above you has tens of thousands of XP more than you. That is to say, the higher level you are, the smaller the level distance is to reaching "max IP" payouts. Again, I don't have any meaningful data records of this, as when I was level 100 I was attacking level 170+, and as soon as I hit level 200 I was hitting 250s, etc. But I was still hitting max IP less than 30 levels above me when I was level 220, whereas the same is most certainly not true when I was level 100.

Next, I am fairly confident that once you are hitting a sufficiently high level target, the IP payout is uniformly distributed. This means that any single value in the specified range, 281 to 563, is equally likely. All this mumbo-jumbo about "too many people hitting the same target at the same time drops IP payout" is simply superstition. I made a histogram of my IP payouts:

Now, that doesn't look very uniformly distributed, but I suspect it is because I have too few data point for bin ranges that narrow. So if I widen the bin range a bit, it looks a bit more uniform:

The general point here is that with sufficiently many attacks on a sufficiently high level target, your IP average will approach 422.5 IP, which is the midpoint of such a uniform distribution.

This means that, to earn maximum IP in wars, you need to hit the highest level target you can safely beat. There is an obviously limit to this, as a level 100 player will average the same IP average regardless of whether he's hitting a level 200 or hitting a level 250, as 100 levels is more than a large enough XP difference to earn max points. I regret that I can't pinpoint the exact ranges, but hopefully you see it's understandable why I would only unload gold attacks on targets on players that I knew would payout max IP. In my opinion "safely beat" means someone whose defense is 30% less than your attack.

I made a spreadsheet of my data, which includes my level and attack stat at the time, the opponent's level and defense, as well as their syndicate (initially I figured it might be possible that you'd get more points for attacking better syndicates, so I figured I may as well keep track).

I'm no good at Google Docs, and a large amount of data was cut off in the Doc, but you can download the original file there. The rightmost targets are GoTTi's Revenge (twice), and Goodfellas, and they don't show up in the Google Doc viewer, but they are there if you download the spreadsheet. Any suggestions how to fix the preview, let me know: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8ih...JROTFta00/edit. Probably easier to download it and open it in Excel to view it properly.

Any questions, let me know.

Summary:
    • The only factor that affects IP payout is XP difference. Anything else is superstition.
    • IP payout is uniformly distributed on a given range, depending on the XP difference. This means that, given enough attacks, your IP average per attack will approach whatever the midpoint is on that range. The range is obviously different when attacking someone at your level (e.g. another 250) or attacking someone X levels above you or below you, etc.

Post Count
    Also worth noting that I've averaged 420+ IP per attack in every syndicate war so far. I can post more specific details if need be, but this includes when I was as high as level 221. Your IP payout, if you're attacking level 250s, does not diminish until at least after this point.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Criminal Legacy
    Post Count
    Fantastic summary Bigmoney

This guy seriously needs a life. It's a game and he's making bar graphs and writing multiple paragraphs rofl.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by billythekid123 View Post
    This guy seriously needs a life. It's a game and he's making bar graphs and writing multiple paragraphs rofl.
    So edgy.

#char

Post Count
    I love you
    Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    Buy more gold

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    no need for drama unless it is top 10 drama
    Proud owner of the Civic Center Riot Vehicle (5405/6000 +2 Respect from fights!, from leaderboard event, top25)

Post Count
    I'm curious to know, what do YOU like analyzing? Baseball? Basketball?
    Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    Buy more gold

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    no need for drama unless it is top 10 drama
    Proud owner of the Civic Center Riot Vehicle (5405/6000 +2 Respect from fights!, from leaderboard event, top25)

Banned
    Post Count
    ....... C h a p e a u ...... !

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Thank you very much for this information. You truly are an asset to all players in this game and I am very grateful that you are willing to put in the time to do these things and care enough to share with all members.

Consistent Contributor Gunflame's Avatar
    Post Count
    Great read. I appreciate what you put into this.

Banned
    Post Count
    ....I guess TOS needs more entries......

Post Count
    BM - You're a friggin' genius! You've answered one of the big questions here. Off to tell my syndicate now...
    WOOHOO! WE'RE HIRING!!!
    IF UR NOT SERIOUS...THEN JOIN US!
    MAFCODE 996680019 / SYNCODE 479699911
    LEVEL 155+ ATT/76M+ DEF/65M+ IPH/7.8+ BANS/4.0
    PROUD MEMBER OF 100CLUB / 20O CLUB
    WHEN THE MOONS LINE UP SHOOT FOR THE STARS

Post Count
    And what do you do that's remotely altruistic or intellectually edifying in your spare time?

When you reach a position in life where you too can afford to enjoy what you enjoy doing and, by dint, enhance the day-to-days of others - then your comments may earn a modicum of respect.

In the meantime though - go back to your colouring books.

WOOHOO! WE'RE HIRING!!!
    IF UR NOT SERIOUS...THEN JOIN US!
    MAFCODE 996680019 / SYNCODE 479699911
    LEVEL 155+ ATT/76M+ DEF/65M+ IPH/7.8+ BANS/4.0
    PROUD MEMBER OF 100CLUB / 20O CLUB
    WHEN THE MOONS LINE UP SHOOT FOR THE STARS

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ablankone View Post
    BM - You're a friggin' genius! You've answered one of the big questions here. Off to tell my syndicate now...
    The funny thing is that I don't think you're being sarcastic. It's a bunch of tldr nonsense attempting to prove what everyone already knew.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Holy crabapples ..... that's a heap load of fancy stuff you got there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Assault and Flattery View Post
    Are you seriously asking why your name was changed from Rumpleforeskin?