Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Suggestions :)

Quote Originally Posted by Raichu View Post
    Since you have taken out free gem videos ingame here's my solution.

Since low level's love to have high levels as there friend why can't we make it happen more. i say that whenever a low level add's a high level they can be happy and the high level will be happy to because if the lower level uses one of their friend's the person they used will get a gem.

The morale of the story is that low levels want high level friends but they cant get them. so my suggestion is that whenever someone uses you, you get one free gem. so lower levels can be happy with a new high level friend and the high level friend can be happy for the 1 free gem they get every time someone uses them :P

Free gems makes everyone happy
    This is not a bad idea...it keeps more players engaged and many higher levels can be more competitive without spending a lot.

I posted this suggestion thinking id get positive feedback but i guess the majestic clan must have something up their ass
    Please don't tie in the entire guild with the actions of one person.
    Majestic Moon Lvl 100+

Tectonic - Blazeborne - Forgestone - Maelstrom - Necromantle - Devoted

Majestic Level 75

Quote Originally Posted by Meepo View Post
    Not this again... If I had 100 low level friends who all hire me in a day, what's the probability that I would get 50 gems? Expected value is 1 gem with standard deviation of about 1 (I think... I forgot the formula). The chance of getting anything above 5 gems is pretty much non-existent. Add a cap of 10 gems if you want... I just don't think it's necessary.

I do like the idea of being able to gift a gem after a certain number of friend uses.

Both ideas have the problem of deleting and adding new friends, but there should be a simple fix for that.
    My apologies that I didn't go straight to the bell curve with my rng... You're still interested in pure math, when its the concept itself that is messed up.

Reward people for having friends, and those friends actually using them, or don't. Don't throw a random % chance in there or else no one will bother and the whole idea is made worthless again. If I know I can reward people after a # of uses, or a guaranteed say, 5 a day, I'll continue to use the same people over and over until they get a reward out of it. That is the thank you. If its is just random and they "might" get something, I'm less inclined to keep doing it with the same person, and go back to using whoever benefits me the most in whatever context I need them.

Hey, did you get a reward today? What about today? Did it work today? Please tell me it worked today... Still not yet? No? Crap, I'll try again tomorrow.

Also, considering not everyone even utilizes friends daily, or the max amount of friend uses daily, the gem rewards would often land in the slim to none category for most.
    Last edited by busteroaf; 09-20-2013 at 06:30 AM.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

Quote Originally Posted by busteroaf View Post
    My apologies that I didn't go straight to the bell curve with my rng... You're still interested in pure math, when its the concept itself that is messed up.

Reward people for having friends, and those friends actually using them, or don't. Don't throw a random % chance in there or else no one will bother and the whole idea is made worthless again. If I know I can reward people after a # of uses, or a guaranteed say, 5 a day, I'll continue to use the same people over and over until they get a reward out of it. That is the thank you. If its is just random and they "might" get something, I'm less inclined to keep doing it with the same person, and go back to using whoever benefits me the most in whatever context I need them.

Hey, did you get a reward today? What about today? Did it work today? Please tell me it worked today... Still not yet? No? Crap, I'll try again tomorrow.

Also, considering not everyone even utilizes friends daily, or the max amount of friend uses daily, the gem rewards would often land in the slim to none category for most.
    Interesting thought... people who spend money to get epics are further rewarded with even more gems because more people will hire them. I don't see a problem with it though.

I don't know why you hate rng so much. There are many aspects of the game that use rng without any gamebreaking consequences, such as the miss/crit thingy or the drop rates of fusion stones and crafting materials. Couldn't someone get 50 silver keys in a day that each give 5 gems?

Another thought on saying "thank you" by hiring someone, I don't think I would hire anyone who isn't beneficial to me. Those 10 hires per day are precious. Even if it was guaranteed every 5 days or something, I'd still be hiring the same people. Just because people don't think about the % chance doesn't mean it is worthless. Occasionally, I would get a popup message saying that I got a gem, and that makes me happy enough.

BTW, are you conveniently using different numbers for your argument? A 1% chance in the original suggestion more closely matches a guaranteed gem every 100 days in your suggestion. If I could give someone a guaranteed gem every 100 days, I don't think I'd give that a second thought either.
    Last edited by Meepo; 09-20-2013 at 07:10 AM.
    Itherael - Level 1xx
    *Net *Poof *Poof *Poof *Poof *Blink *Poof *Net *Right Click *Net *Right Click *Net *Right Click...

Quote Originally Posted by Meepo View Post
    Interesting thought... people who spend money to get epics are further rewarded with even more gems because more people will hire them. I don't see a problem with it though.

I don't know why you hate rng so much. There are many aspects of the game that use rng without any gamebreaking consequences, such as the miss/crit thingy or the drop rates of fusion stones and crafting materials. Couldn't someone get 50 silver keys in a day that each give 5 gems?

Another thought on saying "thank you" by hiring someone, I don't think I would hire anyone who isn't beneficial to me. Those 10 hires per day are precious. Even if it was guaranteed every 5 days or something, I'd still be hiring the same people. Just because people don't think about the % chance doesn't mean it is worthless. Occasionally, I would get a popup message saying that I got a gem, and that makes me happy enough.

BTW, are you conveniently using different numbers for your argument? A 1% chance in the original suggestion more closely matches a guaranteed gem every 100 days in your suggestion. If I could give someone a guaranteed gem every 100 days, I don't think I'd give that a second thought either.
    The point of the thought was to get higher levels to accept lower levels as friends so the lower levels could do better, like the game more, stick around longer, spend a little money that Gree uses to make the game better etc. when u are used by another high level player u should not get a gem. If u have 10 level 20 players that use you u should. I think there is merit to this...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    The point of the thought was to get higher levels to accept lower levels as friends so the lower levels could do better, like the game more, stick around longer, spend a little money that Gree uses to make the game better etc. when u are used by another high level player u should not get a gem. If u have 10 level 20 players that use you u should. I think there is merit to this...
    I know that it is the point. I was just considering what buster said and realised that it had interesting implications.
    Itherael - Level 1xx
    *Net *Poof *Poof *Poof *Poof *Blink *Poof *Net *Right Click *Net *Right Click *Net *Right Click...

Another suggestion

We ran into a situation during our last war where a High Commander went rogue. We sure would have liked to be able to drop him or at least demote him to Commander during the war. I wouldn't even mind if he still got the rewards afterward.
    Star
    MyLayla Black Cats

Went rogue how?

Quote Originally Posted by Bride of Eunuchorn View Post
    Went rogue how?
    Spent over 20 mil guild gold on guardians and then discarded them.
    Star
    MyLayla Black Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck* View Post
    Spent over 20 mil guild gold on guardians and then discarded them.
    LOL That's hilarious, but in my old guild, one guy used BASICS
    KnD Android: WBC-BGG-ZFC
    Nathan
    Guildless

Maxed
    Soulshard Neceomantle, Clayplate, Big 4, Flamehunter Garb, Combustion, Guarduans Battlegear, Sorchestone Aegis, Storm Sorcer +

Working on

Yet another suggestion

After having read about the evolving romantic relationship (attention sarcasm) between King Mark and Eunuchorn in various threads i would very much appreciate an ignore user button!

Quote Originally Posted by Hakurou View Post
    After having read about the evolving romantic relationship (attention sarcasm) between King Mark and Eunuchorn in various threads i would very much appreciate an ignore user button!
    Genius suggestion, OP needs to edit title to: Forum Change Suggestions
    Another good one is personal locks; some threads I just don't care if they get bumped
    Personal stickies are good too, but forum isn't quite active enough.

News channel In-Game should have a link to forum

Since low level's love to have high levels as there friend why can't we make it happen more. i say that whenever a low level add's a high level they can be happy and the high level will be happy to because if the lower level uses one of their friend's the person they used will get a gem.

The morale of the story is that low levels want high level friends but they cant get them. so my suggestion is that whenever someone uses you, you get one free gem. so lower levels can be happy with a new high level friend and the high level friend can be happy for the 1 free gem they get every time someone uses them :P

Free gems makes everyone happy
    Well, because of friend stats caps at least at epic boss (not 100% about adventure) if a level 30 player added me, a level 126 player with nearly maxed Forgestone+, I would do probably the exact same damage as a level 60 friend with maxed LF+. So other than looking pretty, it's a complete waste and it would probably be way more useful for the player base for me to friend level 70-80 people than level 1-30 people...
    (Nemesis armor seems to be the only one excluded from stats capping: as friend in Swamp+ on my then about level 45 alt account I did about 650 damage special attacks on level 15 epic boss while another friend wearing Nemesis did close to 3000 damage special attacks...)

In other words: a measure to prevent super friends from boosting a low level account too much through functioning well also makes it less attractive for high level accounts to friend low level accounts.
    Adding trinkets for the high level account wont make those wasted stats magically reappear.

The best way for a lower level account to get a decent friend list seems to be to skim the leaderboard for people with friend codes in their name and friend those and also try to friend a few random people in the rank 1000-5000 range: those aren't high enough to be spammed to death with friend requests but high enough to have decent levels and armors.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

This actually makes sense. I like Raichu's idea in general now I actually can see the other side...I never realized there was a cap.. Thanks for taking the time to explain this Marco...

Well free gems would really be a good plus but I think it will never happen so let's just wait for something new