New 100-Boss Event is a Joke - anti camper crusade is pathetic - Page 5

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New 100-Boss Event is a Joke - anti camper crusade is pathetic

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by potvin View Post
    No, thats not my arguement. I don't have an arguement. It's plain to see this boss is harder. It doesnt even matter if the boss HP skyrockets towards the last few levels. You just said lvl 70 boss has already equal to or greater than an old lvl 50 boss. Lvl70 is supposedly equal to a lvl 35 boss. I don't care how much it rose in between.
    Okay, so your insight is that the new level 100 boss is harder than the old level 50 boss? Well I would certainly hope so, since the old level 50 boss gave a 5k stat item, and this one gives a 60k item.

The fact is that it is easier to get better stats in this event with the same attack you had in the previous boss event. If old level 50 = new level 70, note that along the way you get a 5500/3800 item for #70, a 3300/3500 item for #65, a 2200/5800 for #60, a 3000/2700 for #55, a 2400/2300 for #50... etc, etc. The prizes for old L30 (new L50) and old L50 (new L70) are there, but not only do you now get better boss items along the way, you get more intermediate prizes, and those with attacks that already crush an old L50 boss (and there are quite a few of them, and growing more each event cycle), have the ability to continue further. Explain to me what there is to complain about? Or if your only insight was that "it's harder to beat a L100 boss now than the old L50 boss," be sure to share any other tautologies you might have.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    #owned

(characters)

Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    Okay, so your insight is that the new level 100 boss is harder than the old level 50 boss? Well I would certainly hope so, since the old level 50 boss gave a 5k stat item, and this one gives a 60k item.

The fact is that it is easier to get better stats in this event with the same attack you had in the previous boss event. If old level 50 = new level 70, note that along the way you get a 5500/3800 item for #70, a 3300/3500 item for #65, a 2200/5800 for #60, a 3000/2700 for #55, a 2400/2300 for #50... etc, etc. The prizes for old L30 (new L50) and old L50 (new L70) are there, but not only do you now get better boss items along the way, you get more intermediate prizes, and those with attacks that already crush an old L50 boss (and there are quite a few of them, and growing more each event cycle), have the ability to continue further. Explain to me what there is to complain about? Or if your only insight was that "it's harder to beat a L100 boss now than the old L50 boss," be sure to share any other tautologies you might have.

Goodfellas: Respected and Protected

Lurker
    Post Count
    Just skip it if you don't like it.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Explain to me why they would make a new structured boss event easier or even just as easy to accommodate free or low gold buyers. IT'S HARDER. Doesn't matter if you're talking health or even the amount of levels needed. Be sure to include how much gold it takes to kill level 100. Obviously you can do that with all those prizes you got along the way

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    to say the recent or any sltq is anti camper is outright dumb .... where else can one not do a dang thing and collect on other peeps hard work (ecept here in the obama welfare state of course ) .... campers are nothing but bunch whiny piss pots .............. lol reply will be deleted in 5...4...3...2...

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Explain to me why they would make a new structured boss event easier or even just as easy to accommodate free or low gold buyers. IT'S HARDER. Doesn't matter if you're talking health or even the amount of levels needed. Be sure to include how much gold it takes to kill level 100. Obviously you can do that with all those prizes you got along the way
    It's harder to finish the whole event, but easier to get the same stats as you would have got for finishing the old event.

The old event was becoming absurd at higher levels, because it had been designed pre-stat inflation. The new event allows you to complete as per the old event (for better rewards), and allows others to partake in an event that is more entertaining and challenging.

Your problem seems to be that you want an insanely powerful weapon for the same time/effort/money as you put in earning a weapon that was equivalent to another dozen handed out every week (or equivalent to a boss rare in the top tier on this event).

I love that they spent the time and effort to design a system that allows players of all levels to compete and get rewards that are appropriate. No, you can't start a brand new account and get the exact same progress as a matured account. Which is exactly as it should be. Yes, you can compete in the event and improve your account, setting you up for greater progress in the future. Which is exactly as it should be.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bald zeemer View Post
    It's harder to finish the whole event, but easier to get the same stats as you would have got for finishing the old event.

The old event was becoming absurd at higher levels, because it had been designed pre-stat inflation. The new event allows you to complete as per the old event (for better rewards), and allows others to partake in an event that is more entertaining and challenging.

Your problem seems to be that you want an insanely powerful weapon for the same time/effort/money as you put in earning a weapon that was equivalent to another dozen handed out every week (or equivalent to a boss rare in the top tier on this event).

I love that they spent the time and effort to design a system that allows players of all levels to compete and get rewards that are appropriate. No, you can't start a brand new account and get the exact same progress as a matured account. Which is exactly as it should be. Yes, you can compete in the event and improve your account, setting you up for greater progress in the future. Which is exactly as it should be.
    BZ, apols if you've answered this already elsewhere, but I was wondering what level you got to in this event with cash hits?

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    I started late so I went for speed over all else (so I used gold for health refills). I'd estimate I could've cash-hit into the 80s. I'm 27-hitting boss 100. Note: I don't use power attack (mega attack? whatever), but I'm guessing for most players on the top tier it'll be necessary if they want to move through the 90s.

I was 1-hitting into the early 30s from memory.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Banned
    Post Count

Agreed. Why should gree make a game that is easier not to play?
    Older, well structured, well built accounts should be the ones that have the upper hand. Not campers who choose not to play the game.

Post Count
    I started late so I went for speed over all else (so I used gold for health refills). I'd estimate I could've cash-hit into the 80s. I'm 27-hitting boss 100. Note: I don't use power attack (mega attack? whatever), but I'm guessing for most players on the top tier it'll be necessary if they want to move through the 90s.

I was 1-hitting into the early 30s from memory.
    If your estimate of L100 is correct, you only need about 800k raw attack and a lot of patience to sit there for 120 minutes to get your 3 hits per gold health pack. Better clear the schedule...

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure if you tried to healthpack only on 800k you'd run out of time.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    If your estimate of L100 is correct, you only need about 800k raw attack and a lot of patience to sit there for 120 minutes to get your 3 hits per gold health pack. Better clear the schedule...
    If bald is 27 hitting boss 100 with like 4-5 mill attack I doubt it

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Its not even the same. This is my whole point. You cannot get as deep for free or with little gold. The math tells all. BM says lvl 29 had like 3.5 mill...thats way more than a lvl 15 had before. So..the event is harder....they simply used this structure because of the syn event that it is attached to. No I certainly do not think people should finish and get a 60k item for free or next to nothing. But you can't get similar 5 k items either...unless you spend loads. Don't forget 80-90% of the players don't have 4-5 mill raw attack to get this stuff.
    The game is wack anyways. All it is is a big ass money pit you throw into to get "good" at the game. It doesnt require any skill whatsoever. In any other videogame you have a skill factor which allows people to gain stats at how well they know how to play their character. This is a greed fest feeding off of people striving to "win" the game or beat others. In any event, I still log on daily and have multiple accounts. Damn game gets you

Consistent Contributor budman68's Avatar
    Post Count
    Be curious how many people will hack that weapon. Will make doomsday frag obsolete in hack community.lol

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by potvin View Post
    Its not even the same. This is my whole point. You cannot get as deep for free or with little gold. The math tells all. BM says lvl 29 had like 3.5 mill...thats way more than a lvl 15 had before. So..the event is harder....they simply used this structure because of the syn event that it is attached to. No I certainly do not think people should finish and get a 60k item for free or next to nothing. But you can't get similar 5 k items either...unless you spend loads. Don't forget 80-90% of the players don't have 4-5 mill raw attack to get this stuff.
    The game is wack anyways. All it is is a big ass money pit you throw into to get "good" at the game. It doesnt require any skill whatsoever. In any other videogame you have a skill factor which allows people to gain stats at how well they know how to play their character. This is a greed fest feeding off of people striving to "win" the game or beat others. In any event, I still log on daily and have multiple accounts. Damn game gets you
    You keep assuming that the new boss should have the same health as the boss of half that level from before. Which is simply a way of arguing that the game shouldn't be extended to include more challenging aspects than it previously did.

To be clear: if the new boss 30 has lower HP than the old boss 30 then you can go further in the event. You may not be able to complete the same % of the event, but that's because the event is now extended to make it relevant again. Which is exactly what I said last time.

You need to grasp that getting the same (or significantly) more stats under the new system compared to the old system can't be legitimately seen as being made worse off.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885