New 100-Boss Event is a Joke - anti camper crusade is pathetic

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New 100-Boss Event is a Joke - anti camper crusade is pathetic

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

New 100-Boss Event is a Joke - anti camper crusade is pathetic

The senseless anti-camper attitude has led to this joke of a boss event. The attack amount needed to take down the boss has been increased significantly, the xp totals have gone sky high, and the event has increased to 100 bosses, so Millionaire has a huge job ahead of him to produce a new 100-boss chart for 5 levels.

Other than fight club and hackers, how many people will spend enough or can afford enough gold to beat 100 bosses, especially at tier 5? What's it gonna take to beat boss 100 at tier 5 - 50 million hp?

What does Gree want this to lead to, everyone reaching level 250 in a couple of months so we can all average 250 I.P. per fight during the syndicate war?

Gree - people play this game for entertainment, for a virtual sense of accomplishment and escapism, not to enrich Gree, so some like to level up fast and compete in every single event to the max, while others enjoy having a huge attack/defense at a low level, which makes them a valuable asset in syndicate battles, so they slow-play and don't level up fast and, yes, they don't shell out cash for gold to finish LTQ or the pvp brawls.

This new boss event format is a temper tantrum by gree to punish campers and to make the price of completing the 100 boss event a massive level up - 25,000 xp for tier 3, 35,000 xp for tier 4.

The boss event was a favorite of many players, and now its just a device to kill off campers, for whom the event was a key part of playing this game.

Let the trolling begin!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    what gree needs to do is NOT to punish people for camping, but to give more incentive to people to lvl up

so far almost every event punishes those we are high lvl

1... Boss: Higher lvl still getting screwed
    2... War: high lvl gets less IP (no reason for that whatsoever)
    3... box event: higher lvl players pay more for each opens.

Post Count
    Basically, if you're smart you better start booting every camper in your syndicate. Theyre just gonna leach off the boss syn event and future sltqs.

Post Count
    Couple of silly points.

1. Why the hell do you think camping should be a viable strategy in the game? The way it is-- punishing active, high level players while rewarding low level players who intentionally avoid playing-- makes no sense. You're mad because you're a camper, not because it's a logical way to play.
    2. Only "FC and hackers" are strong enough to beat the event... and? Since when was every single player in the game entitled to be able to complete every event? You can't ever get close to beating an LTQ for free either, why not complain about that too? You need to spend gold for the best items. That's how the game works.
    3. It's silly that you're upset that 100 bosses won't be doable for free. You know how worthless previously purchased gold items (and other large stat items) would quickly become if anyone could get a 60k item free?

I'm glad they're sort of working to end camping, though you're still perfectly able to camp, by the way. No one is forcing you to participate in the boss event. Asyou said-- "some like to level up fast and compete in every single event to the max, while others enjoy having a huge attack/defense at a low level, which makes them a valuable asset in syndicate battles, so they slow-play and don't level up fast and, yes, they don't shell out cash for gold to finish LTQ or the pvp brawls."--- so what the hell does that have to do with boss events? You're free to camp and not participate in the boss event. The goal here is likely to make camping not the best option for maximizing your stats. You should get better stats, even as a free player, by actively participating in more events. That's logical, and that's the way it should be.
    Last edited by BigMoney; 09-18-2013 at 10:48 PM.

Post Count
    There is no trick any more, learn to buy gold or learn to let go...actually I like it
    No Gold Forever

IPH 28m

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The_ View Post
    Basically, if you're smart you better start booting every camper in your syndicate. Theyre just gonna leach off the boss syn event and future sltqs.
    You are forgetting that campers are the ones at low levels who score 400-550 I.P. regularly in many fights during syndicate wars due to their lower levels, and thus they need less gold to meet syndicate minimums. And THAT'S what greedy is trying to change, they want campers to level up and need to spend more gold in wars and in boss events at tier 5 once they break level 101.

People need to think logically and see why some like to camp.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mil Mascaras View Post
    You are forgetting that campers are the ones at low levels who score 400-550 I.P. regularly in many fights during syndicate wars due to their lower levels, and thus they need less gold to meet syndicate minimums. And THAT'S what greedy is trying to change, they want campers to level up and need to spend more gold in wars and in boss events at tier 5 once they break level 101.

That's why I recruit high level players with decent stats to score around 400 ip easily, who is also willing to help out in slqts and elite bosses events. Thus, dramatically decreases the amt of gold spent on slqts and the current elite bosses. I want the total package. Yea.. I think I can live with 1-2 campers in my syn, but definitely not more than that.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Bigmoney. One more post and you'll have 2000 posts. :-D. I agree with you a bit. But camping is a nice strategy to score ip in battles. :-)
    Proud owner of BMW 320d. :-D ;-)

Post Count

Most campers dont score crap in battles because they dont participate. Thats what camping is. LLP's and campers are not the same thing. Most campers dont spend gold either from what ive seen.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by rohan007 View Post
    Bigmoney. One more post and you'll have 2000 posts. :-D. I agree with you a bit. But camping is a nice strategy to score ip in battles. :-)
    I still averaged max IP per hit at level 220. People are afraid to level up because the enjoy being a large fish in a small pond, and not a medium fish in a tank full of sharks. The IP thing is a silly excuse (although I am personally concerned my IP is going to start taking a hit soon).

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Trust me BM my main account is a small fish in a pond full of piranha's. Lol. Sharks are cute anyway. I'm not afraid anymore of leveling as i don't take it much seriously nowadays. ;-)
    Proud owner of BMW 320d. :-D ;-)

Banned
    Post Count
    A lot of viable points here, but again, it comes down to whether or not you consider camping a real playing style. I myself have no problem with campers (although I could never try and do it myself), but I don't mind as much that GREE is trying to remove campers. My problem is how they made yet another money trap event. They purposely added another huge stat item, and then tweaked the stats to make it nearly impossible to get. Now I know almost all events need gold to get close to finishing, and I'm fine with that...but with every event (except for leaderboard ones) there's always a large number of people who shell out that much money and get the grand prize. With such a hard event, I doubt 20 people will be willing to spend that much. And worse, they replaced decent 20-30-50 kill prizes with total crap, screwing over everyone who spends a decent amount of gold but can't afford to go for 100. I mean, the 20 kill prize is like an uncommon boss drop. At least the money option doesn't increase!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    Couple of silly points.

1. Why the hell do you think camping should be a viable strategy in the game? The way it is-- punishing active, high level players while rewarding low level players who intentionally avoid playing-- makes no sense. You're mad because you're a camper, not because it's a logical way to play.
    2. Only "FC and hackers" are strong enough to beat the event... and? Since when was every single player in the game entitled to be able to complete every event? You can't ever get close to beating an LTQ for free either, why not complain about that too? You need to spend gold for the best items. That's how the game works.
    3. It's silly that you're upset that 100 bosses won't be doable for free. You know how worthless previously purchased gold items (and other large stat items) would quickly become if anyone could get a 60k item free?

I'm glad they're sort of working to end camping, though you're still perfectly able to camp, by the way. No one is forcing you to participate in the boss event. Asyou said-- "some like to level up fast and compete in every single event to the max, while others enjoy having a huge attack/defense at a low level, which makes them a valuable asset in syndicate battles, so they slow-play and don't level up fast and, yes, they don't shell out cash for gold to finish LTQ or the pvp brawls."--- so what the hell does that have to do with boss events? You're free to camp and not participate in the boss event. The goal here is likely to make camping not the best option for maximizing your stats. You should get better stats, even as a free player, by actively participating in more events. That's logical, and that's the way it should be.
    BTW, I have both a high level account approaching level 250, and a good camper account in tier 4, so I play both styles just for the variety of one account participating in all events to the max, and one account that has high attack and low level, so I can score well in the syndicate wars and spend less gold to do so, and the spending less on gold is what gree is trying to eliminate, and all players should be against gree doing that. Gree is free to maximize profit, but we are free to minimize our expenditures. Its a 2 way street. We are here to have fun, not to enrich gree.

Anyway, you aren't understanding my post totally.

It's not that all are ENTITLED to finish each boss event. It's that what they did here was make it a tedious 100 boss event and they made it impossible for anyone who doesn't print money to finish it, and the xp hit along the way is ridiculous.

Campers don't "punish" non-campers. Campers have high stats at low levels, so when they reach the shark tank, they have amassed enough attack/defense so that their news page is not all red.
    Also, camping becomes useless for the most part at level 101 as that's where boss event tier 5 kicks in and we can all forget about gold-free 50 bosses finish unless we have over a million raw attack. So, the camping is a temporary game play style to set up all of ones play after level 101.

Also, campers are valuable to synds for obvious reasons. The synd battles (and the prior boss events till now) are the 2 events where campers go all out and don't watch the xp, because the stat inflation from boss events and synd battles are worth the level ups. Also with prehitting on the LTQ events, campers do participate in those as it can take less than half a vault to finish off a prestige/elite mode.

Anyway, the general point is its always a cat and mouse game between us and gree to see how we can minimize our cost and maximize our stats while they try to accomplish the reverse. Being pissed off at campers is not logical, because it is not "wrong" to maximize stats and minimize cost. It's not an appropriate response to tell people if they can't afford huge gold purchases to not bother playing the game.

BTW, when I say "campers" i mean players trying to level up slowly while maximizing attack/defense stats, with gold use in battle and in events. I'm not referring to free players.
    Last edited by Mil Mascaras; 09-18-2013 at 11:46 PM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Guisseppe17 View Post
    A lot of viable points here, but again, it comes down to whether or not you consider camping a real playing style. I myself have no problem with campers (although I could never try and do it myself), but I don't mind as much that GREE is trying to remove campers. My problem is how they made yet another money trap event. They purposely added another huge stat item, and then tweaked the stats to make it nearly impossible to get. Now I know almost all events need gold to get close to finishing, and I'm fine with that...but with every event (except for leaderboard ones) there's always a large number of people who shell out that much money and get the grand prize. With such a hard event, I doubt 20 people will be willing to spend that much. And worse, they replaced decent 20-30-50 kill prizes with total crap, screwing over everyone who spends a decent amount of gold but can't afford to go for 100. I mean, the 20 kill prize is like an uncommon boss drop. At least the money option doesn't increase!
    Shouldn't you wait until you know how much boss HP and item stats they give before making judgments like this? Boss 45 prize is apparently 1400/2400 armor, which is roughly on par with an old boss 30 item. The boss health is about the same (as an old L30 boss) as well. No one has any idea how difficult boss 100 is yet.

Post Count
    It's not that all are ENTITLED to finish each boss event. It's that what they did here was make it a tedious 100 boss event and they made it impossible for anyone who doesn't print money to finish it, and the xp hit along the way is ridiculous.
    Refer to my previous post-- unless you know something I don't such as the approximate boss health at levels 50, 75, 100, etc, in which case I'd love to hear it. I'm actually enjoying the boss event so far, and I'm breezing through it. Probably because I don't care too much about XP. The boss items continue to improve as you progress through the levels, and start awarding some serious stat items. Put simply, it is better to gain the stats and xp than it is to sit out and camp. No one's stopping you from camping, they're simply stopping it from being the best option (which it never should have been).

Campers don't "punish" non-campers. Campers have high stats at low levels, so when they reach the shark tank, they have amassed enough attack/defense so that their news page is not all red.
    The first LTQ occurred right when I was level 101, and since I needed about 7-8x my attack at the time to beat a Tier 5 boss, I figured what the hell, and did the entire LTQ. I've done almost every LTQ since, leveling up quite quickly, but with the stats to match. Even though I was in a Top 25 syndicate for the majority of that time, my stats were easily on par with those of a similar level in Top 10s (or better). I disagree with the assertion that you need to level as slowly as possible to have respectable stats, as it simply isn't true. My newsfeed is currently 100% green (don't attack/rob me now plz), although a large part of that is people seemingly hitting me to trigger bosses as I've been hit by a large number of unqualified people in the past few hours all of a sudden.