Page 6 of 18 First ... 4567816 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by MattThomas08 View Post
    I think this seems reasonable on the surface, but if don't know how the implementation would be done. Would it be given back as a percentage of gold spent in the war, so that somebody on a team who scored 2 mil IP would get more than somebody who scored 500k?

Also, maybe HTC spent a little more so that they could say they were 4th, but they'll still get refunded back to 12th most spent? Or perhaps a better example would be Indians. They seemingly tried to stick it out for Top 10 and ended up finishing 13th. The hurtful truth is that (assuming my statement is true) if a team makes an error in judgment (or perhaps better stated as a losing gamble) such as this, they shouldn't be refunded the gold they spent overtop of the 30th place team for instance.

Not sure if I made that last part clear....
    I'm not sure about the best way to implement it. Maybe a snapshot of where the teams were 24 hours before and where they finished? I think it should be refunded on a per user basis, because obviously some paid more than others.

But considering the troll like decisions they made all through the battle doing anything "reasonable" is well beyond them.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    But this situation is important, and part of what led to the current snafu was bad communication between us and you. So I'm posting this plan of attack (which may change based on what we can do) as part of making up for that whole chain of events.

While you were in that whole process of "making up for that chain of events"...

At what point in that process did it seem like a good idea to have this boss event not count wins between syndicate goals? Because that seems like a blatantly obvious "poor call" as you put it, and I thought y'all were trying to avoid more of those and make up for those previous "poor calls". I mean, that's what you're saying in the original post, right?

Yet here we are again.

Making up for poor calls with more poor calls.

Boy, we sure appreciate it.

Precedence has been set by itunes refunds why not FUNZIO!

Considering precedence has been set by iTunes funzio should follow suit and refund. seems to me a legal precedence
    exists.At least give the members a choice of what they want!

Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    No, why should it? Such teams (far more than deserved) were already gifted with prizes from above the tier they rightfully finished. This topic however is to address the teams that actually earned their prize (e.g. the teams that actually got Top 10, the teams that got Top 25, etc) and how they should be compensated-- where anyone was the day prior is irrelevant. The position of the syndicate--while completely irrelevant-- wasn't even taken into account with widening the prize tiers. While the 11th place team could make an argument that they were unable to make Top 10 due to the announcement to extend and unextend the war (which I wouldn't believe anyway, as each of the Top 10 teams were dealt the same handicap-- 4 hours of poor matchups, and everyone likewise heard the war being extended and unextended-- hence there is no reason to treat any team within a tier differently), the 12th place team was millions and millions of IP behind the Top 10, and was gifted Top 10 prizes anyway. At least 11th had an argument at it.

All that matters for the purpose of this topic is where the teams finished. Everyone dealt with the same handicap, and widening the prize tiers was already a mistake. I think it's ridiculous for anyone to lobby for further prizes based on what they hypothetically could have done while other teams were busy putting up an additional 7 million IP each after the initial announcement that the syndicate war was being extended.
    You just made my point.
    The problem lies in that Top 11 and 12 now have a leg up on the rest of the top 25 that they didn't earn. Giving a prize for every syndicate in their tier of where they actually finished really hurts the 13th-25th teams in reality because you still have 120 members that did the same work and tier as them that got a top 10 item AND would end up getting the item for where they finished... These teams would then have been double awarded. It's the some for 31-50 still losing an advantage to 26-30 and all the way down. The right thing would've been to leave the tiers alone because if they didn't earn it, they shouldn't get it.

I don't tell my daughter she can have ice cream for cleaning her room and give it to her even if she doesn't clean. She has to earn it the way I said.

On another note, it hurts recruitment for this war in a sense because the 26-30 teams would normally lose players to top 25 because they felt they earned top 25 but the rest of the team held them back or WHATEVER... with them getting the prize anyway, they decide to stay because the 'team will push harder' next time...

Quote Originally Posted by Swedevil2 View Post
    You just made my point.
    The problem lies in that Top 11 and 12 now have a leg up on the rest of the top 25 that they didn't earn. Giving a prize for every syndicate in their tier of where they actually finished really hurts the 13th-25th teams in reality because you still have 120 members that did the same work and tier as them that got a top 10 item AND would end up getting the item for where they finished... These teams would then have been double awarded. It's the some for 31-50 still losing an advantage to 26-30 and all the way down. The right thing would've been to leave the tiers alone because if they didn't earn it, they shouldn't get it.

I don't tell my daughter she can have ice cream for cleaning her room and give it to her even if she doesn't clean. She has to earn it the way I said.

On another note, it hurts recruitment for this war in a sense because the 26-30 teams would normally lose players to top 25 because they felt they earned top 25 but the rest of the team held them back or WHATEVER... with them getting the prize anyway, they decide to stay because the 'team will push harder' next time...
    I'm sorry, but I'm not following your argument at all and am not even sure what point you are trying to make. To be clear, you're arguing against awarding Top 10 teams with Top 10 prizes, correct?

I don't agree with your statement that giving Top 10 prizes to Top 10 teams hurts the "13th-25th place" teams. I mean, it does, but rightfully so, since the Top 10 teams scored far more points and deserve better compensation (same with how Top 25 teams deserve better prizes than the Top 50 teams get, etc). The fact you said "13th-25th" instead of "11th-25th" leads me to believe that we are misunderstanding each other, because I believe by your line of reasoning you're saying it is unfair to the 11th and 12th place team for the (real) Top 10 teams to receive an additional prize. In my mind, the message in the OP translates to:

let's change the prize list from this:
    Top 1: 20% armor def
    Top 2: -5 enemy mafia
    Top 3: 10% mafia attack
    Top 12: Weenie Roaster (13640/7345)
    Top 30: Charged Six Pack (6710/5490)
    Top 60: Ball Knocker (3243/6024)
    etc

to this:
    Top 1: 20% armor def
    Top 2: -5 enemy mafia
    Top 3: 10% mafia attack
    Top 10: appropriate Top 10 prize
    Top 12: Weenie Roaster (13640/7345)
    Top 25: appropriate Top 25 prize
    Top 30: Charged Six Pack (6710/5490)
    Top 50: appropriate Top 50 prize
    Top 60: Ball Knocker (3243/6024)
    etc

I don't know how anyone can find such a proposition unreasonable. It's far more reasonable that the original decision to let the Top 10 teams drive up the score to 23 million IP, before deciding with 2 minutes left in far to award their Top 10 prize to a team with 16 million IP. "I don't tell my daughter she can have ice cream for cleaning her room and give it to her even if she doesn't clean. She has to earn it the way I said."-- in this scenario, all of the teams are earning prizes that they rightfully deserved by finishing in the appropriate spot (and not 2-5 places below it). To borrow your analogy, what GREE did was tell your daughter she could have ice cream for cleaning her room, and she made the bed but left her clothes strewn all over the floor and her trash bin unemptied collecting ants, and GREE shrugged their shoulders and said, "meh, good enough for ice cream." GREE is now saying those who actually did clean their room will get a cookie or something.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your argument entirely, because I'm not sure I even know what it is you're arguing for GREE to do.

I never said the top 10 hadn't earnt the top 10
    Prize, but they haven't earnt 2 top 10 prizes. Just because this was the most expensive top 10 so far as you guys love to keep pointing out, doesn't mean the top 10 deserve double the amount of prizes.
    Yes this has been all wrong from the beginning, but making more wrong calls does at fix it.
    Is it fair that a team like Indians, who have been top 10 every war, decide to sit 1 war out, and lose 2 top 10 prizes?

Quote Originally Posted by Big-R View Post
    Prize, but they haven't earnt 2 top 10 prizes. Just because this was the most expensive top 10 so far as you guys love to keep pointing out, doesn't mean the top 10 deserve double the amount of prizes.
    Yes this has been all wrong from the beginning, but making more wrong calls does at fix it.
    Is it fair that a team like Indians, who have been top 10 every war, decide to sit 1 war out, and lose 2 top 10 prizes?
    They aren't getting double the number of prizes. They are getting one additional prize. Which they earned, that the Top 11 and below did not. The Top 10 most certainly deserve a Top 10 prize, because they got Top 10. This isn't rocket science. The people who got a prize that they didn't deserve were the teams in an "extended" tier (11-12, 26-30, etc). You have nothing to complain about, and it's mind-boggling that you somehow think it'd be unfair to compensate the Top 10 for actually earning Top 10. If you were in 11th or 12th and don't like it, tough ****, you should have gotten 10th. The most "fair" thing to do would be to remove Top 10 prizes from teams not in the Top 10 (e.g. 11th and 12th), but since GREE isn't going to do that, awarding a prize for Top 10, which many teams competed for, is quite reasonable.

Secondly, the Indians didn't "sit 1 war out." They were competing for Top 10, and were in the Top 10 during the first day, but ultimately couldn't keep up the pace. And yes, it is most certainly fair that the Indians don't get a Top 10 prize, because they got 13th. They will get an additional Top 25 prize, which they deserve. Because they were in the Top 25, not the Top 10. What's so hard to understand about that? I mean seriously, how the hell can you possibly argue that it's unfair that the Indians are "losing 2 top 10 prizes?" They "lost out" on the first one, the Weenie Roaster, due to the fact they were 13th, and not, you know, Top 10. Or are we supposed to just hand out Top 10 prizes to everyone now? It's a far greater injustice that the 11th and 12th place teams received the Weenie Roaster than if the Top 10 teams were to receive a prize for Top 10.

Edit: I can't bring myself to further engage an idiot. It's moronic thinking like yours that likely got us into this whole mess.
    Last edited by BigMoney; 09-20-2013 at 02:20 AM.

what about someone as me who earned top10 but now moved in another syndicate?
    Hope will not need to send a ticket

Once again mods are silent👎👎👎 answer your questions please! What do you get paid for? How about making someone just to work with the community? Like CCM! You part time people are not getting the job done on both counts in development and in here on forum. Glad i do not own your penny stock!

Yes, it's fair to the Indians. Lol.

The fairest solution would be to take the prizes away from the teams who didn't earn them. But Gree doesn't want to do that. So the next fairest solution is to award comparable prizes to the original tiers.

Doing nothing is not a solution, and not everyone is going to be happy.

Yes I agree, it is fairest to just give the award purely that teams earnt. But how was the second prize earnt?
    You fought for a top 10 prize, which you got, 2 other teams wrongly got it as well. Now you get a second prize, which wasn't fought for, you got the prize you set out to attain.
    You have no idea what level of team I'm in, and it's not a team in the 11-25 tier. This prize could well be effecting me in a good way, that doesn't mean that it's right.

Sit out, eh? Interesting theory.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Yes I agree, it is fairest to just give the award purely that teams earnt. But how was the second prize earnt?
    You fought for a top 10 prize, which you got, 2 other teams wrongly got it as well. Now you get a second prize, which wasn't fought for, you got the prize you set out to attain.
    You have no idea what level of team I'm in, and it's not a team in the 11-25 tier. This prize could well be effecting me in a good way, that doesn't mean that it's right.
    It's not just the item itself that the teams in the top ten fought for, it's the rarity of the item. The legitimate top ten teams ran up the score to be a part the 600 players in the game who have the Weenie Roaster and it's 10% gun attack mod, not a part of the 720 players with the item. By extending the tiers, Gree devalued an item that the top ten paid dearly for. Only two ways to make that right: either take it away from the teams who didn't earn it, or give a comparably extra prize to the teams that did.

The teams who finished in top ten put the time, effort, and money to increase their stats 13640 attack and 7345 defense, along with a 10% gun attack, ahead of the teams 11th place and below. Same for the teams who finished in the top 25 relative to teams 26-30, and so on down the line. Gree's solution needs to rectify that. Sorry that 11th place finished a few points out of 10th, but that's part of war.

Yes it is part of war, But not all is fair in war. And your asking for another prize. Not the prize you went for and got, another one on top of it. It sounds more like your interested more in people realising you was top 10 than the actual prize.
    You was never this vocal about things being wrong when you was failing the top 10, but now danimal has led Htc back into it you suddenly seem interested.

Yes it is part of war, But not all is fair in war. And your asking for another prize. Not the prize you went for and got, another one on top of it. It sounds more like your interested more in people realising you was top 10 than the actual prize.
    You was never this vocal about things being wrong when you was failing the top 10, but now danimal has led Htc back into it you suddenly seem interested.
    I expect a top ten prize, which is what my team earned, not a top 12 prize.

Gree has screwed up things in the past, but never as bad as they did in the most recent war. The enormity of this most recent screwup is what has me being vocal about it.

Everyone knows HTC Blue is the best syndicate. It's not like we need to advertise.