Please reimburse gold used for last 30 minutes of war

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Please reimburse gold used for last 30 minutes of war

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Thumbs up Please reimburse gold used for last 30 minutes of war

Gree,
    I'm not asking for my money back. You will lose no cash. Please simply reimburse the gold users for what they spent the last 30 minutes of the war. This is fair and the honest thing to do. To change the rules of the game, to change the levels required for awards; during the battle is not right. How would you like to pay extra at a restaurant to get an early seat, just to find out they had room to seat everyone early? It is not right.

I encourage everyone who agrees with this post to respectfully post so below and rate this thread a 5. Gree needs some kind nudging.

Respectfully
    xRedfoxx
    We All Win!! Syndicate
    Proud leader of V.A.S.T. (503-368-715) and member of G.A.P.P.S. (https://www.facebook.com/GAPPStm)

V.A.S.T. gaming family, with a presence in Eve, World of Tanks, Clash of Clans, Minecraft, and many other multi-player games.

Post Count
    The last half hour would not cover all those who expended more gold but were unable to fight in the last half hour or more, because you are can only declare battle until a certain time before campaign end. So I'd actually say, reimburse us for the time from which they changed the rules again.

Our syndicate bought gold to make up the deficit we expected to happen as players surged to do the same due to the rule change. We only saw that there had been no need to two minutes from the end when the new tiers appeared. We had been well within the prize bracket. Players bought gold who wouldn't normally because they were so upset at feeling cheated by all the cock-ups throughout the campaign and really wanted the team to do well.
    Last edited by Ciara; 09-18-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Post Count

Reimbursement for Gold usage

It seems totally fair and justified to reimburse players with the gold they used chasing rankings which Gree changed in the last few minutes of the event. Hoping you will treat your customers fairly & honestly.
    The Pink Mist
    Top 150 Syndicate
    Recruiting active players for a friendly, no drama, international team,
    • Gold use optional,
    • GroupMe chat app mandatory.
    • If interested , please contact me by Private Message

Consistent Contributor The Fonz's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by xRedfoxx View Post
    Gree,
    I'm not asking for my money back. You will lose no cash. Please simply reimburse the gold users for what they spent the last 30 minutes of the war. This is fair and the honest thing to do. To change the rules of the game, to change the levels required for awards; during the battle is not right. How would you like to pay extra at a restaurant to get an early seat, just to find out they had room to seat everyone early? It is not right.

I encourage everyone who agrees with this post to respectfully post so below and rate this thread a 5. Gree needs some kind nudging.
    You're assuming that GREE keeps meticulous accounting records for each and every transaction that occurs at any given time, that each instance of gold usage, however miniscule, is tracked. Given the number of players involved and the sheer number of transactions that occur each second, minute during a frantic period such as the closing hours of a syndicate battle, that they can reasonably and accurately track each instance of gold use? Look at the product we are using to begin with, then ask yourself if issuing the correct refunds on a massive scale is even plausible, much less feasible. As a gold spender, would I like a refund or credit of some sort? Sure, but I know it's not realistic.

The only resolution that's worth a damn at this point is to issue the prizes to the original tiers, offer a formal apology to all of the players through the forums and every social media outlet, as well as written assurance (in their ToS agreement) that their modus operandi and reward system will not be revised at any time once an event is already in progress. Admit your mistakes, provide better transparency and chalk this up as a 'learning experience'.

All GREE accounts are deactivated as of August 2014

Post Count
    won't happen. There are guys that did a push at the beginning since they wouldn't be able to at the end. We had guys open the vaults early to give a cushion since they wouldn't make the last day of battles

Post Count
    Good luck with that. Gree doesn't care about their customers for long term.
    They already made it clear that will not compensate at all. Only that 'our engineers are looking into it' and apologise for any inconvenience caused..

Maybe it is time to hang our coats..

Really bs

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
    You're assuming that GREE keeps meticulous accounting records for each and every transaction that occurs at any given time, that each instance of gold usage, however miniscule, is tracked. Given the number of players involved and the sheer number of transactions that occur each second, minute during a frantic period such as the closing hours of a syndicate battle, that they can reasonably and accurately track each instance of gold use? Look at the product we are using to begin with, then ask yourself if issuing the correct refunds on a massive scale is even plausible, much less feasible. As a gold spender, would I like a refund or credit of some sort? Sure, but I know it's not realistic.
    I'm pretty sure they actually have and track all of this information. But I would imagine it'd be a nightmare for them to refund all gold spent during a particular time period in the war. As much as I would love getting refunded for the 2 vaults I spent in the last hours to help ensure our position only to find out it meant nothing... The most I would expect is an extra mediocre prize for the groups that made it in the "real" prize tiers.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    They probably just gonna ignore you. I spent more then 1/2 vault in the last 10 min just to keep our position which was sooo complete waste. So I'm on the same page. Reimburse or reward accordingly.
    Are you a gangsters? No, we are Russians!

Consistent Contributor The Fonz's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by brandocommando View Post
    I'm pretty sure they actually have and track all of this information. But I would imagine it'd be a nightmare for them to refund all gold spent during a particular time period in the war. As much as I would love getting refunded for the 2 vaults I spent in the last hours to help ensure our position only to find out it meant nothing... The most I would expect is an extra mediocre prize for the groups that made it in the "real" prize tiers.
    For the purpose of this discussion, let's assume that GREE is incredibly methodical and efficient when it comes to maintaining records for each and every gold transaction processed within the game, and they were capable of initiating mass refunds without much effort; at what point during the battle does GREE decide that all transactions should be reimbursed? The OP assumes that the majority, if not all teams were vying for their rightful positions with a flurry of activity within the last 1/2 hour, but that's certainly not the case with our team, and I suspect more than a few others as well. We weren't certain that another battle could have been initiated within the last hour (I know we couldn't during Ellis Island), which is why we invested everything we had (and then some) into the second-to-last battle. Refunding all of our team members for the last half-hour would be pointless because i) we scaled back our activity for the last battle (only 2-3 members participated in that one, and did so voluntarily), and ii) only one member that I'm aware of spent gold during the final battle, and did so because there was a friendly rivalry between two teammates to secure second spot on our team for overall IP earnings. Deciding that only the last 1/2 hour of activity should be refunded is not just arbitrary, it does nothing to address the (wasted) gold spent prior to this, where it truly mattered for our team.

All GREE accounts are deactivated as of August 2014

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I proposed last 30 minutes because that is when the prize levels were adjusted. But I certainly would support refunds for the last two hours of the war.
    Proud leader of V.A.S.T. (503-368-715) and member of G.A.P.P.S. (https://www.facebook.com/GAPPStm)

V.A.S.T. gaming family, with a presence in Eve, World of Tanks, Clash of Clans, Minecraft, and many other multi-player games.