You have done it this time, Gree! - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You have done it this time, Gree!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I thought the last Raid boss was really fun and interesting. This one is less so. Part of the problem is that it's wayyyyyy too difficult for my tastes, so each guild maxes out 1-2 days into the event and then it's all pen tapping on desk time. The other problem is that it happened to close to the last one. I think this should be an every other war type of event. But it looks like it makes money so oh well.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexius View Post
    I don't know what the uproar is about. You get a free gem everyday by visiting tap joy. If you're diligent you can defeat the level 100 raid boss in 18 months easily if everyone is active.
    BWAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!! That's awesome

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    We are having trouble with this one too. Last guild boss event, at least 10 of us bought a mountain of gems to finish. This time we figured it would take several mountains each so we just decided to buy none since none of us have $400 to spend on an iphone game for 1 little event. The real money they require to finish these just got out of hand, I may just become a free player as have the rest of my top 50 guild (Or used to be lol)
    So just for our guild, they would have made $1000 keepning it like the last event, now they will get $0. They need to realize making it require MORE gems won't always make them MORE money. Hell if it only took $20 per person to help finish this one I bet they would make A LOT more money. There are thousands of players willing to spend $20 on an event, how many players are willing to spend $400-$500 on 1 event??

Banned
    Post Count
    If they wanted to sell gems to the masses and not just the ubers, they would have added a bonus to the normal quest final prize. It wouldn't have had to been 30% but even 10% to anything but machine would have motivated our guild to spend.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    People forget u still get a 30k unit for finishing normal. Nothing wrong with providing another tier of difficulty for the big boys
    KA : 258-880-514
    MW : 130-331-621
    CC : 873-367-573

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Intrance View Post
    People forget u still get a 30k unit for finishing normal. Nothing wrong with providing another tier of difficulty for the big boys
    Without a bonus, it's only OK.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Randy View Post
    Without a bonus, it's only OK.
    True. A small bonus would be appropriate
    KA : 258-880-514
    MW : 130-331-621
    CC : 873-367-573

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Intrance View Post
    The big guys, get a double stat reward, the bonus is completely out of place! Big guys have big stats, so only fair that they have a more difficult tier for them. Anyway. The damage is already done!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    the problem I have with the difficulty of this event is that the raid bosses are the same strength for all guilds which means the top guilds which are full of players well over 5 million attack have a clear advantage over a guild around 50th which average around 2.5-3 million att stats. So for my guild to finish we would have to spend twice as many gems for the same result.

If the raid bosses strength went off your guilds average att stats, I guess something similar to the guild matching at the start of guild wars then the event would cost a similar amount of gems for all guilds and gree would make more money.

Consistent Contributor bumpyfunk's Avatar
    Post Count
    We have completely pulled out of the Boss Raid quest.
    Funky Raiding Berserkers.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway Frank View Post
    the problem I have with the difficulty of this event is that the raid bosses are the same strength for all guilds which means the top guilds which are full of players well over 5 million attack have a clear advantage over a guild around 50th which average around 2.5-3 million att stats. So for my guild to finish we would have to spend twice as many gems for the same result.

If the raid bosses strength went off your guilds average att stats, I guess something similar to the guild matching at the start of guild wars then the event would cost a similar amount of gems for all guilds and gree would make more money.
    i was just saying this to my friends.........THIS GREE IS HOW IT SHOULD BE!!!!!!....Based on total guild strength!!!!

KA: 630-568-270

Never thought I'd be defending GREE, but changing the difficulty based on guild strength punishes the ones who worked hard on their stats and guild bonuses.

However, the rewards should've scaled differently, that's for sure.

If GREE was interested in long term success of the game, they would never put such big emphasis on the top rewards. But they're mostly looking for a quick kill -- "just open up your wallets and we'll give you gazillions of points"

But than what's the FUN in overpowering your nearest competition 5 times over? That's exactly why people are leaving, and pretty soon all you have left will be a few giants. And when they get bored showing off their monstrous stats to each other, they'll leave as well. Unfortunately, this is where it's all going...

Articulate Author Dirt road Joe's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Buster View Post
    Never thought I'd be defending GREE, but changing the difficulty based on guild strength punishes the ones who worked hard on their stats and guild bonuses.

However, the rewards should've scaled differently, that's for sure.

If GREE was interested in long term success of the game, they would never put such big emphasis on the top rewards. But they're mostly looking for a quick kill -- "just open up your wallets and we'll give you gazillions of points"

But than what's the FUN in overpowering your nearest competition 5 times over? That's exactly why people are leaving, and pretty soon all you have left will be a few giants. And when they get bored showing off their monstrous stats to each other, they'll leave as well. Unfortunately, this is where it's all going...
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-leaving/page2
    Matthew 7:3-5

Post Count
    So much boo hoo. Gree is a large business and I assure you they have lots of business analyst in their Japan office who track statistics and purchasing. Any business will try to maximise profit, and that means trying to 'push boundary' with regard to spender/price elasticity. If enough player leave, they can correlate to certain decision they make and will probably change business decision accordingly - maybe that mean price change. But don't be surprised if making boss harder has result in overall more gems spent from whale player. Small fry like you and friends drop out maybe no big deal in the big picture. You are consumer and can always walk with your feet if you don't like it. Maybe try one of those game on tapjoy videos we all seem to see so often.
    Nobody is safe

Consistent Contributor Jerusalem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Pickles View Post
    So much boo hoo. Gree is a large business and I assure you they have lots of business analyst in their Japan office who track statistics and purchasing. Any business will try to maximise profit, and that means trying to 'push boundary' with regard to spender/price elasticity. If enough player leave, they can correlate to certain decision they make and will probably change business decision accordingly - maybe that mean price change. But don't be surprised if making boss harder has result in overall more gems spent from whale player. Small fry like you and friends drop out maybe no big deal in the big picture. You are consumer and can always walk with your feet if you don't like it. Maybe try one of those game on tapjoy videos we all seem to see so often.
    I agree with your analysis for the most part, Ms. Pickles. But there is a need for players to blow off a little steam in the forum. Without this forum, I'm sure there would be many more empty kingdoms then there already is. And the point of all of this "boo hoo" is to provide feedback to allow Gree to consider player opinions in real time and make changes without first having players abandon the game. After all, there are other valid issues to immediately raise with Gree other than fairness, e.g., bugs in quests and wars, customer support issues, etc.
    Dragon Warriors | Fun in Black
    [