Lvl 100 Boss with 2.1B HP!!! - Page 6

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Lvl 100 Boss with 2.1B HP!!!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Randy View Post
    Wake up call, the Ducks are going to throttle the tide should they meet in January.
    Maybe....BUT we will never know because they will CHOKE in the Stanford game LOL And LSU is looking pretty tough for us as well. Good luck though, that would be an epic match up!

I have plenty of these little puppies anyway, you guys can have 1

photo.JPG

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Randy View Post
    Wake up call, the Ducks are going to throttle the tide should they meet in January.
    Oh man that would be sweet. I don't care for the Pac 12 at all, but can't help but root for Oregon. Really like watching that team play.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Just gotta represent with some love for my Bruins!! Very proud of my team and my coaches! Plus a special shoutout for the Nebraska fans, who showed incredible class when they gave respect to Pasquale :-)

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    No one is debating how impressive winning 3 of 4 national championships is. We're criticizing the poor analogy to Alabama football. The bottom line is that nobody knows for sure who is going to win the BCS. We do know, however, that FUN will win the next war, like they have every previous war. I'm not hating on FUN, just saying that comparing them to Alabama is apples to oranges.
    Last edited by Alexius; 09-20-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Consistent Contributor aphroKEN's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by larrydavid View Post
    Not true whatsoever - coaches and recruiters initially tilted the talent pool to the south. Now it is a catch-22 - the best players go to the SEC, etc because those are the schools with the most players being drafted (WFS).

Wake up man - they have won 3 of the last 4 national championships...isn't that good enough?

They have the opportunity this year to win their 4 out of 5th and third straight!
    IMO, much more impressive than what FUN is doing - no disrespect.
    If KA was used as an analogy then these football teams could pay money to have more players on the field than the other team, shrink the size of their goal to make it harder for the other team to score, purchase penalty kicks, etc. You're confusing skill/teamwork with arbitrary advantages that are bought with money.

I will admit the top football teams probably have a better upbringing and team management systems, but that's an indirect advantage that doesn't guarantee their win. They win because they are more skilled than the lesser teams. Not because they start the match on uneven terms.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by aphroKEN View Post
    You're confusing skill/teamwork with arbitrary advantages that are bought with money.
    Well to be fair, I'd attribute about 99% of Alabama's success (and that of the rest of the SEC, for that matter) to arbitrary advantages that are bought with money...

Consistent Contributor aphroKEN's Avatar
    Post Count
    Like what? More players on the field at once and a smaller goal to defend? I guess so then.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by aphroKEN View Post
    Like what? More players on the field at once and a smaller goal to defend? I guess so then.
    They are not literally making the field smaller, but since their players are so much faster, they are in a way. And yes, that means the goals are closer, they can make longer field goals, and throw the ball farther.

game. set. match.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomedood5 View Post
    Well to be fair, I'd attribute about 99% of Alabama's success (and that of the rest of the SEC, for that matter) to arbitrary advantages that are bought with money...
    Agree.....watch the movie ...blue chips.....or ....the program.....to get the idea......but those players are bought in some way shape or form

KA: 630-568-270

Consistent Contributor \\MidnightB3AST//'s Avatar
    Post Count
    Really gree... really...

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    As Sports analogies go, all you really have to do is look at the world of Formula 1. Up until 2-3 years ago the entire sport was dominated by 1 or 2 top teams, predominantly by 1 team; Ferrari.

Did anyone care that Ferrari invested more money in the sport than other teams? No. Did anyone care that naturally Ferrari would feel that they had earned their dominant position in the sport? No.

At the end of the day the sport was becoming boring. TV viewings were significantly down, therefore overall revenue (from TV, merchandising etc) were on the decline and the sport was considered to be headed down hill, largely (if not solely) due to the lack of competetive nature. Smaller teams were quiting, as they didn't have the ability to play catch-up to the front runners.

Thus the sport was changed, I won't go in to details of how exactly, but it was changed in a manner which was considered to make the sport "fairer" and "more entertaining".

Aside from this, you can look at other such as the NBA with their spending caps in place in order to make sure that the sport remains competetive, and see measures in place everywhere. KA is different, it will die, simply because it will go the same way that all "games" go when there is no competition, into non-existance.

Paint the World Black With Us.
    Dragon Realms 840-064-428

Kingdom Age Ally Code- 734-077-018

Dragon Realms Ally Code- 911-214-292
    Dragon Realms Guild Code - 840-064-428