Declaring battles...

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Declaring battles...

Post Count

Question Declaring battles...

Is there any good reason why all syndicate members need to have the option to declare?

I would like to suggest that only the Leader & Officers have the ability to declare battles.

Thoughts, comments?

*also applies to KA guilds & MW factions

Stop using the colored text, please. -CJ54
    Last edited by CJ54; 09-17-2013 at 10:20 AM.
    Line ID: clementine88

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    Is there any good reason why all syndicate members need to have the option to declare?

I would like to suggest that only the Leader & Officers have the ability to declare battles.
    I'd vote yes on this provided this new feature doesn't cause everything else surrounding syndicate matchups to fall apart...more.
    Can be reached at....Game of War / Odin Kingdom | ATK - Defensible | DEF - Beatable | RSS - Worth throwing a few troops at

Post Count
    Finally a useful topic amidst all the attention-seeking garbage I've seen the past few days. Would be nice to have an option where the leader/officers can give declaration privileges to specific members. Leader/officers can be inactive due to RL, jobs, etc, so it would advantageous for more people to have declaration responsibility.

Assault & Flattery made the signature above. She will be missed.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Why change something that's already good? I can only understand it if you are a non-fighting camper syndicate.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeijer View Post
    Why change something that's already good? I can only understand it if you are a non-fighting camper syndicate.
    You'll get it when War Goals come online, maybe.
    It might be good for you; there's always exceptions, but it is not good for most of us.

There have been many complaints on the forum from many different syndicates, factions, & guilds who have had problems with members declaring, whether it be sabotage or a simple mistake. At least there is a confirmation button to declare and an alert on the ingame forum: very helpful! Thank you for that, GREE!

I don't suspect this would be a cure-all for "premature declarations" but I don't see the point in every member needing the right to declare.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Personally I think it goes against everything that MW and CC are about - armies and crime syndicates have STRICT chains of command. So on top of the fact that I think it would fix problems that many factions have, I also just think it makes much more sense.

Privates do NOT lead troops into battle.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

Not a bad idea, but...

I think that it should remain in the hands of the players. Once the leader or officers write it in their forum, or express it via chat app, it's up to the group to make sure everyone knows the rule and can police each other. It's eliminated altogether.

The syndicate is more guilty for expressing NOT to do it. If it isn't a rule, then it can't be a problem. As for me, sometimes its good to wake up to a wall already smashed with like 30 seconds left, and your hits secure a win too lol.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    the problem is if you don't have an officer or leader online due to being at work or out it would mean that team will loose battle time, not everyone can be online 24/7. so i would say this would be a bad idea.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I agree that only Leaders or Officers should be able to declare battles.

Consistent Contributor Joe bananas's Avatar
    Post Count
    I hasn't really been a problem for us yet, but if Gree introduces bonus for winning consecutive battles, then yes, I will be wanting this.
    Aka Fat Tony
    Aka Rick Grimes
    IPH is all we have left 😕

Banned
    Post Count
    It seems like the simple solution is just to add a 3rd category of player.
    Leader, Officer, and Corporal.

Leader and Officer are the same.
    Corporal can declare battles, but not accept new players.

-Triga

Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post

Thoughts, comments?

Banned
    Post Count
    Pretty good idea if you ask me, in the lower ranking syndicates, it will stop players with less knowledge of the game starting a battle at the wrong time. Obviously it could cause problems, but what's a GREE game without problems, eh?

Prominent Poet
    (noun) lo•ca•tion [loh-key-shuh n] a place of settlement, activity or residence.
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Triga Treat View Post
    It seems like the simple solution is just to add a 3rd category of player.
    Leader, Officer, and Corporal.

Leader and Officer are the same.
    Corporal can declare battles, but not accept new players.

-Triga
    Officer and Leader are the same? Meaning that officers can kick members?
    Proud Leader of CCKkillers
    Join room [cck recruiting] on palringo, and we can talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach139 View Post
    @ CCKalDAY: Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbengie View Post
    thanks CCKallday
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Larry View Post
    I wish I could punch this thread in the face

Banned
    Post Count
    No I meant officers and leaders have the same privileges as today.

Quote Originally Posted by CCKallDAY View Post
    Officer and Leader are the same? Meaning that officers can kick members?

Post Count
    good idea to only have certain ppl be able to declare. It should be extended past leader and officers though. Like maybe give "declare priviledges" to some others in the syndicate so someone can be around all the time for potential declaring.
    I think this in being brough up now because before button pushers were an annoyance, but if CC has the consecutive prizes, they wont just be an annoyance, but may actually cost the syndicate good prizes.
    Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    Buy more gold

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    no need for drama unless it is top 10 drama
    Proud owner of the Civic Center Riot Vehicle (5405/6000 +2 Respect from fights!, from leaderboard event, top25)