Anyone else waste a ton of gold securing top 10? - Page 7

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Anyone else waste a ton of gold securing top 10?

Post Count
    Omggggg greeeeeeeee how dare you anger these addicts!

Consistent Contributor SNEAKERJUNKY's Avatar
    Post Count
    Refunding gold could be done fairly easily.
    ---------
    (Individual) 4th-10th = approx. 400 accounts based off gold used after 16m ip
    or
    (Team) 7 teams receive 125,000ish gold for our reserves.
    ---------
    Either way, what is gold to Gree, it's fake money. top10's would run through this in the next war plus be inclined to keep spending. Whoever pulls strings over there is killing your game.....is it this job posting: Senior Director of User Acquisition. Maybe time to shuffle up the deck over there because whoever is making these decisions is a plague. God forbid it's a group of morons, but I wouldn't be surprised..

Ive been playing this game for a total of maybe 6mo. and Im almost ready to throw in the towel. This "quick buck" mentality may just be what fuels your overall strategy as the top Syndicates are looked at as the minority on a balance sheet.. in which case shame on me, you got my 6mo. worth of money.

** Anyway.. I honestly hope you guys can get the crap out from between your ears. A ps4, COD Ghost and GTAV combined are cheaper than what I spent this month on your circus act.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Girlfriend View Post
    This situation still needs to be rectified. It's unfair to the teams who spent a ton of real money in the most expensive top ten battle since syndicates began to give the same prizes to the teams who finished 11th and 12th. The value of those prizes isn't just the boost in stats, but it's the rarity of those prizes. The teams who legitimately spent their way into the legitimate top ten did so to be a part of just 600 players in the entire game to have those prizes.

Extending the prize to the top 720 players devalues those prizes that we spent more on than ever before.

Gree needs to either refund gold, or give new prizes to to each of the original tiers to make up the difference. And those prizes need to be cumulative, too (top 10 gets all the new prizes awarded to top 25, top 50, etc.). The second option costs Gree nothing.

Admit it, Gree, you screwed this war up from the very start, to the very finish, and you need to fix it. You can do that - at no real cost to you. Just get it done.
    I wouldn't be half as mad if they had extended Top 10 prizes to the Top 11, but 12th place at 16 million when the Top 10 were all over 23 million IP? What a joke. At least OGK had a shot at Top 10, although they mismanaged their final battle declaration. But TBK wasn't even on the same damn planet as the Top 10 teams. It's ridiculous that if GREE planned to extend the tiers, that they waited for the Top 10 teams to reload on gold, over and over, up to 23 million IP, only to reveal that we're all a bunch of suckers with 2 minutes left in the syndicate war. I don't see why the tiers needed to be extended anyway, as we were all dealt the same handicap-- 4 hours of mismatches, followed by a belief that the war would be extended 6 hours, and then a retraction of that later. Every team dealt with it and competed anyway, so why the hell should some teams be rewarded handsomely for doing nothing (e.g. 12th), effectively punishing those who did spend absurd amounts of gold by devaluing such prizes by giving them to teams that didn't spend enough to earn them legitimately?

Consistent Contributor colec023's Avatar
    Post Count
    Were the tiers ever explained? I agree with you that 4-11 is ok, no offense to 12. Its strickly based on how close we all were. $6000 of real money is a big gap.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by colec023 View Post
    Were the tiers ever explained? I agree with you that 4-11 is ok, no offense to 12. Its strickly based on how close we all were. $6000 of real money is a big gap.
    Nope, no warning whatsoever. 5 minutes left the leaderboard had 10th place as Rouges Alliance with 23,079,263 IP. 2 minutes left it said 12th place, Textbook Killers, 16,293,274 IP. The Top 10 teams were closer to Top 3 than 12th place was to Top 10, to put that in perspective.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I feel like someone should have known that making 20% of teams happy by pissing the other 80% probably isn't a good idea. #dumbfounded