Anyone else waste a ton of gold securing top 10? - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else waste a ton of gold securing top 10?

Prominent Poet
    (noun) lo•ca•tion [loh-key-shuh n] a place of settlement, activity or residence.
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by StellaVana View Post
    How about you GOLD buyers STOP buying gold anymore and make it a fair game for those of us not willing to spend our hard earned money on some dumb game. YOU are the ones that ruined the game by letting GREE make this a MONEY game!! I enjoy this game very much and enjoy the battles but it is not worth spending real money on, staying up all night on and dropping everything for. SO HOW ABOUT ALL OF YOU STOP TAKING IT TOO SERIOUSLY AND MAKE IT A FAIR FIGHT AGAIN WITH NO GOLD.
    Never going to happen. Why did you even type this message up?
    Proud Leader of CCKkillers
    Join room [cck recruiting] on palringo, and we can talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach139 View Post
    @ CCKalDAY: Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbengie View Post
    thanks CCKallday
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Larry View Post
    I wish I could punch this thread in the face

Quote Originally Posted by montecore View Post
    Turns out we could have quit yesterday.

As incredibly stupid as Gree is, I can't help feeling even dumber for paying them to treat us this way.
    Agreed...gree gifted everyone who either gave up on a tier or didn't try, except the ones who were up all night working their asses off. If it too much to ask to be bumped up a tier for finishing 5th when everyone else is getting bumped up?
    Lights Out®

#3 Financial District Fallout

#3 We Be Clubbin'

#1 Nightlife District Knockout

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck8958 View Post
    Agreed...gree gifted everyone who either gave up on a tier or didn't try, except the ones who were up all night working their asses off. If it too much to ask to be bumped up a tier for finishing 5th when everyone else is getting bumped up?
    I dont agree with the statement we gave up on our tier... we were sitting 12th and 500k behind top 10 when gree extended the event 6 hours... thats the only reason we stopped pushing.. if the event ended at the new time more than half my team would have been sleeping. Whats the point of keeping the top 10 pace if nobody is around for the final push.. by the time gree changed the event time again we were too far back to to make up the differance

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    However I think if extending the prizes back a few more spots was the plan a little bit more notice should have been given to prevent the gold rush at the end

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluff View Post
    I dont agree with the statement we gave up on our tier... we were sitting 12th and 500k behind top 10 when gree extended the event 6 hours... thats the only reason we stopped pushing.. if the event ended at the new time more than half my team would have been sleeping. Whats the point of keeping the top 10 pace if nobody is around for the final push.. by the time gree changed the event time again we were too far back to to make up the differance
    I understand where you're coming from Cluff, but the point is made that if we knew the cut off was 12, we would've made the push too. We stay between 11-13 every war and this war we slowed down drastically (even with 54/60 players) and we accepted the fate. Why are you alloted the top 10 when we were probably only 20k behind you? They allowed 20% increase in the tiers with no annoucement or even reasoning behind it...
    CC-
    572 739 028
    364 082 430
    668 483 974

Quote Originally Posted by tam
    ... if you believe you can buy a first place prize, knock yourself out buying one
    Prove to us all that its possible...I dare your do it
    Put your money were your mouth is
    its not possible to win with money

Lurker
    Post Count
    This was no different than stealing from us. What a complete joke. I wonder if they sat there laughing the entire time.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedevil View Post
    I understand where you're coming from Cluff, but the point is made that if we knew the cut off was 12, we would've made the push too. We stay between 11-13 every war and this war we slowed down drastically (even with 54/60 players) and we accepted the fate. Why are you alloted the top 10 when we were probably only 20k behind you? They allowed 20% increase in the tiers with no annoucement or even reasoning behind it...
    You guys were only 20k behind us?

Post Count
    Oh look! Months down the line, nothing's changed.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Not top 10, but top 50. I feel your pain, just not as much of it as you top 10 folks. This is a slap in the face, they should have updated the tiers a day in advance so everyone knew and could adjust.

Is this going to happen all the time now? Personally, I think they should refund the gold spent in the last day to all the teams that didn't get bumped up. We worked hard for top 50.. for it to become top 60 with no notice? We could have saved a ton of gold had we known that.

Boo Gree! What were you thinking?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Let's just face facts people. We are all really really stupid for spending large amounts of money on this game. What's it for? To stroke our egos in knowing we might some day be the strongest? So we can rob/attack anyone? Where's the fun in that when its that easy. I've spent my fair share on this game but at some point I sat down and asked myself why? Am I going to quit? Probably not.....I'm in too deep but I'm certainly taking the financial headache out of it.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Gree did this for reasons other than some vague "player feedback." There was a profit aspect to it. Always follow the money. The only reason a company would ever screw that many customers is money! No rational game provider with this many players would change the rules at the last minute if fairness mattered to them. Here, Gree screwed the people who finished 4th - 10th, and those who it turns out needlessly spent money for gold push to make it to top 50, 75, 100, and the other tiers. The screw job also hurt the people whom gave up chasing next tier but would have kept fighting full blast had they known they were a lot closer to next tier than they thought.

Their response has been so pathetic its obvious they know that most players who buy gold are to some degree addicted to the game and will continue to play and buy gold for a long time no matter how they are mistreated and disrespected.

This is why monopolies are illegal in this country. Lol.
    Last edited by Mil Mascaras; 09-16-2013 at 08:10 PM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    You guys were only 20k behind us?
    Probably.. I didn't see the message from your rat until about 1 hour after he sent it to me. (we don't normally use Groupme). So when I saw it, I took what we had scored in the current battle and subtracted it from where we currently were. That gave me a number of about 20k-21k behind what you were at at that specific time. Hard to believe? Believe it, it's online!
    CC-
    572 739 028
    364 082 430
    668 483 974

... if you believe you can buy a first place prize, knock yourself out buying one

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedevil View Post
    Probably.. I didn't see the message from your rat until about 1 hour after he sent it to me. (we don't normally use Groupme). So when I saw it, I took what we had scored in the current battle and subtracted it from where we currently were. That gave me a number of about 20k-21k behind what you were at at that specific time. Hard to believe? Believe it, it's online!
    haha our rat..... we were at 16.2 mil ip... I seriously doubt you guys were 20k behind us

Consistent Contributor reesebutton's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mil Mascaras View Post
    Gree did this for reasons other than some vague "player feedback." There was a profit aspect to it.
    3 fubars, but i don't see how the last one had a 'profit aspect'.

1. Extending by 6hrs
    - agree, there is a profit aspect here.

2. Reverting back to orig time (pretty last minute without an ingame announcement)
    - knee jerk reaction after community outrage. no profiteering here.

3. Change of Tiers
    - No profiteering by GREE here imo. The gold would have been spent either way anyway. I believe they really wanted to atone for the above fubars, but went about doing it without thinking it through.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    haha our rat..... we were at 16.2 mil ip... I seriously doubt you guys were 20k behind us
    Haha...not at the time I was informed. Roughly 18 hours ago...merry Christmas cluff and congrats on the "top ten" finish.
    CC-
    572 739 028
    364 082 430
    668 483 974