Syndicate War Extended - Page 11

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Syndicate War Extended

Post Count
    BS. Is this game run from someone's garage...

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dads View Post
    I belive that happened in Mw not 100.% sure,there was talk of it. Think it did thou during a "holiday" war. Only fighting to keep there ranks when ones behind tried to use it as a advantage. That's the biggest problem some will use it to there advantage not eveyone has tandards & the prizes always will cause some not to unite.
    I'd love if you posted the IP totals for top, t10, t25 etc for that war.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Post Count
    I just wanna thank Gree,

With the top 100 price we were willing to push for it, which a lot of teams already are doing if you check the increase of points already at this time. 2.7 mil normally after the push top 100 was good for 2.85mil. But now with this extra 6 hours 3,5 mil of points is a reasonable target. That means more vaults, vaults and vaults.

So thanks Gree for making my decision easy to not push anymore. If I wanna get screwed, at least I wanna enjoy it.
    Facta Non Verba

Post Count
    Thanks Gree you make it easy to empty my hood and never play this game again ,I hope your left with nothing but empty hoods.looking forward to living Gree free !!!

Okay, this is some pretty extensive feedback, and we're listening, but I want to be clear about something: The only reason for the extension was because we received a TON of urgent requests to extend the event due to the issues that hit earlier in the event. There was precedent, we had extended a World Domination event in Modern War at player request, for a similar major issue. We have also done this numerous times for LTQs, lockbox events, leaderboard events, and other limited time content across all the games, again at player request.

That may well have been the wrong call in this case, but the major concern then became that if we changed it AGAIN, that would be compounding things even further for people who then adjusted everything for the extra 6 hours. That is an equally big deal at this stage in the game.

We're listening carefully to all the feedback on this, and it may be too late to pull back the timer for this event, but we have heard you on this in regards to moving forward.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    So where are these alleged players who asked for that? Don't see any in this topic or the poll thread.
    Looks more like a lame excuse to me.

Quote Originally Posted by punawa View Post
    So where are these alleged players who asked for that? Don't see any in this topic or the poll thread.
    Looks more like a lame excuse to me.
    They were in the mass of tickets we received when things were briefly on fire. Again, from the feedback this was not a welcome solution, but that's the reason.

Post Count

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Okay, this is some pretty extensive feedback, and we're listening, but I want to be clear about something: The only reason for the extension was because we received a TON of urgent requests to extend the event due to the issues that hit earlier in the event. There was precedent, we had extended a World Domination event in Modern War at player request, for a similar major issue. We have also done this numerous times for LTQs, lockbox events, leaderboard events, and other limited time content across all the games, again at player request.

That may well have been the wrong call in this case, but the major concern then became that if we changed it AGAIN, that would be compounding things even further for people who then adjusted everything for the extra 6 hours. That is an equally big deal at this stage in the game.

We're listening carefully to all the feedback on this, and it may be too late to pull back the timer for this event, but we have heard you on this in regards to moving forward.
    Are you kidding? There is a HUGE difference between asking for more time in a syndicate war and asking for more time in a syndicate LTQ or case event. Almost anyone can score their IP quota in a matter of a few wars. Anyone who needs an extra 6 hours after 73 hours is already scoring millions of points, and the number of such players can be counted on one hand.

Lurker
    Post Count
    We are currently on the point of getting top 100, but as we are mostly European, we won't make it thanks to Gree! We were prepared for a late rush, helping us into top 100, but now we'll be sleeping...This game was so much fun, but you guys are ****ing up big time! Anyway thanks for the spoiled gold this weekend...

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Just a thought but maybe it would be a good strategy to post something about a planned solution/fix/change before it's implemented so you can get a feel for community sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_K View Post
    Just a thought but maybe it would be a good strategy to post something about a planned solution/fix/change before it's implemented so you can get a feel for community sentiment.
    That is something we have done and will do again, but it's not always a good way to judge overall sentiment across the playerbase. I think we can agree on the total response from this one (i.e. do not extend Syndicate events), but we've had several cases in the past where forum response is overwhelmingly one thing and then when we make the change, we are flooded with the opposite view in tickets. It's also not so good on things that require a quick call due to technical necessity.

Post Count

Precedent my Rsss

extending an LTQ gives us more opportunity to finish the event. Massively different to extending a war. You stuffed up so bad and you really should be refunding everyone half the gold they have spent on this event. Many people have limited gold and they have blown it with wrong information so wont get the prizes they had planned for. ton of tickets asking you to extend the war??? I cant believe that. Im sorry but my bull****omiter is going ballistic right now!

Post Count
    They were in the mass of tickets we received when things were briefly on fire. Again, from the feedback this was not a welcome solution, but that's the reason.
    You could have polled the community for further feedback before making the decision to extend it as you say, as asked for by a few players. You could have responded to these tickets with a link to the poll and ask them to voice their opinion by voting in the poll. So basically you made a critical decision based on the feedback of a selected few rather than casting the net wider for a more rounded opinion. I believe these tickets that asked for the extension runs in the 10s rather than the 100s. You can even post a message in-game to ask players to go to the poll to voice their opinion, but instead you just go ahead and make the change and then make an announcement. Wrong way round in my books!

Consistent Contributor budman68's Avatar
    Post Count
    That is something we have done and will do again, but it's not always a good way to judge overall sentiment across the playerbase. I think we can agree on the total response from this one (i.e. do not extend Syndicate events), but we've had several cases in the past where forum response is overwhelmingly one thing and then when we make the change, we are flooded with the opposite view in tickets. It's also not so good on things that require a quick call due to technical necessity.
    This is just your grab for the gold! Battle times have always started on time (unlike collect10 events, ltq's) so end it on time! Fix your game!! Cannot be said enough!

Consistent Contributor budman68's Avatar
    Post Count
    Re: [GREE International Inc.] Re: Crime City HD Issue Report (request #920383)

I was just matched up with a top75 team and we are a top400 team! So no it is not fixed. Your idea of extending the battle another 6 hours sucks also. Why don't you give players something that they would want instead of more crap battle. A modifier of some sort. Gold bonus. i swear you people do not know what you are doing!!!
    .................................................. .................................................. l................................................. ....................
    Funny no where in my request did i ask for an extension?! I do believe this was a request to fix a broken game and. Better solution on your part to your HUGE error in extending this battle event!