Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

I'm a gem buyer and I won't buy any gem until the Epic fuse is possible. I spent to much gems to get an epic and Nothing !! Only 1 4 stars.... I won't spend Any real money before a looooooong time !

This game is heavy on pay2win.

The one who spend more cash will always win. There is no other way to compensate. No time invested, no intelligent playing no nothing that you could do to compete with somebody who invests cash.

Is it fair? Its their game, if you dont like it, dont play it.

I wanted to spend some cash on this game, but I dont see a reason why i should. The whole PVP aspect of the game is mood and there is no other reason why you would need to buy and spend gems.

So i stay with the PVE game, till im bored out.

Quote Originally Posted by busteroaf View Post
    Only at the lower levels do you really need to log in frequently.

Arena: Every 75 minutes you can log in, play for about 2 minutes, and turn the phone back off. If you want to be extra competitive, do the same thing, but add in some gems and an extended period of time. Hell, I haven't spent a single gem on Arena ever and I'm sitting in the low 300's. Is it great? Nope, I'm def not winning a black medal, but I also don't need it. And I don't log in every 75 minutes to battle either.

For farming gold? Maxed out training fields or nests. Those take time to aquire the gold to fully flesh out, but once you do, you don't have to log and collect from that fountain every 5 minutes. Those only need to be collected every couple hours. And if I use all my knights, guess what, it takes over 2 hours for them to regen fully to where I can use them again to farm a level. Once they are regen'd, in a few minutes I'm done using them again. Same with the bosses. The first rush through the first 20-30 levels depending on your armors and how you are playing takes about half an hour, tops. Of the first day. After that, you're waiting for your energy to regen, every couple hours. I can't play "more frequently" and have my energy regen faster unless I chose to gem.

In my opinion, the base mechanics of the game favors those that get to 100, max out a few armors, and play smart. Yes, for those that want the absolute best rewards for guild wars/arena/epic boss, you have to gem. Other than that, you don't.
    Completely agree until this last line: "the base mechanics of the game favors those that get to 100, max out a few armors, and play smart." That was exactly how it worked before Epics.
    Last edited by The Pale Rider; 09-17-2013 at 10:44 AM.

Pale Rider,
    You hit it on the nose. Plateauing is the name of the game. There is no where for anyone with 3 leg+ armors to go. I myself am not there yet, but close. The war was fun, I agree, and I enjoyed playing it... but the rewards for under top 10 didn't help armor wise. And right... Beast Keys... I'm going for the smaller pot because I'll be getting those armors anyway, but without a chance to fuse epics, and no armors to enhance, what good are they to me... they are not. So what do we do? Wait a month, see if GREE changes something to bring a new incentive, or we quit playing. At least that's where I'm at.

Having the best armor we can get, yet still being far below par... what's the point?
    Zyntree Lvl 100+ (iOS)
    Guildwar Observer - retired
    The Red Phoenix- a Black Medal Guild.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pale Rider View Post
    Completely agree until this last line: "the base mechanics of the game favors those that get to 100, max out a few armors, and play smart." That was exactly how it worked before Epics.
    Must have edited the post before I got to it.

Like I stated before, it was my opinion, so I'm sure many don't agree. Since I clearly often disagree with many people here. Not on purpose though. I just view things differently.

Also, I don't feel that the epics are totally that far ahead of everything else, or change the base mechanics. At the end of the day, you still have to level. A level 50 with an under-leveled Epic will still do better on average than other level 50's without Epics, but that under-leveled armor also hurts them against someone with maxed out armors. A maxed out Big 4 can take down an under-leveled Epic with ease. That same level 50 vs. a level 100+ with the same under-leveled Epic, will do more damage just from the stat boost. Max level player with maxed Epic, yeah, mondo damage. Hence, getting to max level, and leveling your armors will always be part of the core part of "winning" or "doing well" in this game. It is a lot easier to do things at max level than non-max level.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

I did edit to cut out what was essentially my personal situation, but the gist was 3 leg+ and whatever you got before fusing epics stopped) is the current plateu without buying a lot of chests.

I take your point as well. I just think getting to level 100 isn't as hard as it used to be before guilds. I've watched guys in my guild jump 20 levels in a week. They have access to all the higher level friends in the guild and in the first GW they got 2 sky+ and a combustion. So a lot of lvl 40-60 players rocketed to stage 2 of the game in a few weeks. No more quests, no more working on your city, just focusing on armor. You've got the arena, the bosses and the GWs once you're at stage 2. If you can't grow in those it'll become a detterent t continued play. Most of the members in my guild are still busy leveling armor, getting to 100 and finishing upgrading TFs. That's all fun and the rewards come constantly. Once you hit 100, max your TFs and have 3 leg+ the rewards used to come more slowly, now they come basically not at all.

That's what I think should change. +1 for fusing Epics only with leg+ armor.

+1 for fusing epics only with leg+ armors. That would take them out of the hands of noobs, make them hard to get, but still a possibility... and then that takes away the 100% fusion chance, since Cloudking and Ruby would not work and Corvus+ and Troll+ could give you 1/3 chance at tectonic.
    Zyntree Lvl 100+ (iOS)
    Guildwar Observer - retired
    The Red Phoenix- a Black Medal Guild.