LTB's and strategy

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LTB's and strategy

Post Count

LTB's and strategy

Question for higher levels......I'm at the point were I can usually purchase 2 LTB buildings, however still haven't had the cash on hand to upgrade any of the recent ones. Would it be better to skip one round and save up the money and buy/upgrade ONE LTB, or just skim by and keep purchasing 2? Essentially the dilemma is do I try and gain att/def off the bonuses or continue working on IPH as they are limited items?

Post Count
    Get your NCs to L3 before doing any LTBs. Once you've got them up, max out your first LTB of the next cycle. Whatever leftover cash you have at the end (basically, during war) use to build the second one (or save for NC4's....that's really what I would do).
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Any suggestions for me? My iph is 900k. I have all the ltb's except pagoda transtech and trackside mill. Injust buy two first and then upgrade one of them.
    Proud owner of BMW 320d. :-D ;-)

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    My strategy has been to buy 2 LTB's, though I usually cannot upgrade either of them. It would be nice to get the items, but there are plenty of opportunities for stats. Not as many for new buildings that are useful.
    Crime City tenure: June 2012 - retired 8/10/14

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    The ideal answer to the quandary depends entirely on how long they keep pumping out the LTBs, and whether or not they're going to keep making them stronger. If the current trajectory continues, and will continue indefinitely, then missing one to get some of the much more powerful upgrades you can get (ie, the benefit of upgrading 1 to a higher level is more than a number of L1 LTBs equal to that level).

However, if they decide to discontinue them (unlikely), or to make them significantly less powerful in terms of IPH boosting (quite possible) then skipping out, especially when the most powerful ones are dropping, is going to hurt.

In terms of the weapons, if you're only getting them to L1 or L2, then you really should discount them as a factor. IPH focus will get you better weapons in the long run (assuming LTBs stick around).

Having basically just restated your problem, some possible courses of action:

1. Depending on the hoods available to you (and whether you have the stats to hit them) then a dedicated robbing spree may be enough to boost at least a few by a level or two, which will take the strain off your economy a bit, and allow for more future upgrades. This works even for people trying to avoid XP, as the best robs are all the LTBs, and they pay low XP. Note: you should do this even if you adopt one of the other options, but doing only this is an option.

2. Take the plunge and skip an LTB if it is relatively weak (relative to the last 2 and pagoda, that is). This means if they drop another one with Transtech/Mill costs and payouts. Perform only upgrades that give you the big save, and then go hard on the next one.

3. Just buy in-game cash, to get you over the hurdle.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    I agree with bald zeemer, here...

If it's a solid to great building, I would buy 2 of them instead of 1 to L2....and if it's a Mill or Transtech type building, I'd skip and hope the next one is better....
    // Lvl: 250 // 488 394 051 // Atk: 9,917k // Def: 9,602k // IpH: $24,290,680
    // Lvl: 147 // 365 655 496 // Atk: 6,954k // Def: 6,790k // IpH: $12,586,132
    // Lvl: 79 // 233 936 800 // Atk: 5,978k // Def: 5,901k // IPH: $1,572,478

As of 1-27-14

Post Count
    Of course you buy two. What, are you some kind of pauper?
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count

Smile

Hmmm anyone have any idea what is the next LTB?

Post Count
    I heard there's not going to be one. I'm going to be upgrading my nightclubs.
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Of course you buy two. What, are you some kind of pauper?
    yes dippy, can I get a Gree subsidy? Or your a lawyer right? Can you file a frivolous claim for me, so I can get lots of money and be "disabled" and sit and play this game all day. Perhaps then I will be able to compete with the likes of you. Until such I'll just enjoy my pauper life and play for free.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Beamer 420 View Post
    yes dippy, can I get a Gree subsidy? Or your a lawyer right? Can you file a frivolous claim for me, so I can get lots of money and be "disabled" and sit and play this game all day. Perhaps then I will be able to compete with the likes of you. Until such I'll just enjoy my pauper life and play for free.
    I was talking about game cash. Sounds like you have some unresolved gold-envy issues, though. See a shrink before you call a lawyer please. Makes our job SO much easier.
    Still mad at Bostick.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    I was talking about game cash. Sounds like you have some unresolved gold-envy issues, though. See a shrink before you call a lawyer please. Makes our job SO much easier.
    "mentally disabled" I like your thinking, but i'm not a good liar. Game cash i'll break into millions soon, a work in progress just like everyone else.

Prominent Poet
    (noun) lo•ca•tion [loh-key-shuh n] a place of settlement, activity or residence.
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by rohan007 View Post
    Any suggestions for me? My iph is 900k. I have all the ltb's except pagoda transtech and trackside mill. Injust buy two first and then upgrade one of them.
    You should have bought the Chinese Pagoda!!
    Proud Leader of CCKkillers
    Join room [cck recruiting] on palringo, and we can talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach139 View Post
    @ CCKalDAY: Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbengie View Post
    thanks CCKallday
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Larry View Post
    I wish I could punch this thread in the face

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CCKallDAY View Post
    You should have bought the Chinese Pagoda!!
    Maybe he wasnt around or couldnt afford a pagoda at the time genius

Back Alley Network

Prominent Poet
    (noun) lo•ca•tion [loh-key-shuh n] a place of settlement, activity or residence.
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingeasian View Post
    Maybe he wasnt around or couldnt afford a pagoda at the time genius
    I'm just saying he should have got the pagoda. Doesn't mean he needs to buy one.
    Proud Leader of CCKkillers
    Join room [cck recruiting] on palringo, and we can talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach139 View Post
    @ CCKalDAY: Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbengie View Post
    thanks CCKallday
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Larry View Post
    I wish I could punch this thread in the face