Are SUP 1 members bullies or not? A poll, vote now! - Page 6

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Are members of SUP 1 bullies?

Voters
218. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes they are bullies

128 58.72%
  • No they are not bullies

90 41.28%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Are SUP 1 members bullies or not? A poll, vote now!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tctiger View Post
    Can't really label a whole faction as the same , it is more what the individual is like as a person in my experience , a loser will be a loser regardless of the stats they have , there will always be some big players who act like idiots and there are low stat players who act like idiots too just in different ways .
    Well said! There are good folks and jerks wherever you go, RL or MW.
    Faction Code 169573002
    We want you! Load your magazines, affix bayonets, and meet us in the trenches.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    It is time to close the vote. The outcome is not a surprise of course. How it goes from here is up to you all. Bullies or no bullies the game should be played with a smile .
    Unlike many think, we do not touch the world, we hover it.
    If you understand this, you love physics.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GRW View Post
    Ferr... Perhaps a better term to use for us then is WINNERS... The term bullying polarises people... Everyone loves an underdog... And when people hear the phrase winners they automatically reverse that into LOSERS... Sorry ... Underdog... Just a thought on how to try to sell it
    Have a look in my wall, what SUPs written when others hit them and who is the actual losers !!!!
    PUN is cool and SUP is just a bunch of bullies and losers,lol

Hail PUN

cheers

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    For me, there is a long back story to why the Pirates earned their title, as noted earlier in the thread.

In the days before WD, the Pirates were a collection of gamers with armies that suffered no casualties. This was in the time before indestructible units were given as prizes, and so all of these gamers had what were called "golden armies"...all purchased with gold. In addition to having these indestructible golden armies, the casualty rate for all of the destructible units were much higher; sometimes as many as four units were lost in a single attack. And finally, there was a time where there was no "player is too weak to fight" attack limit, meaning that a gamer could dump all of his or her stamina into a single player. So, with all of these parameters, it created an environment where gamers with golden armies could inflict serious damage against players with less than a totally golden army.

These gamers with golden armies found each other in the forum, and started grouping together, saying that they flew the Pirate flag...meaning that if you stepped in their way/damaged them/raided their base/etc., that they would have their Pirate friends visit your base and inflict some heavy damage on your fragile army. I remember during the first funzio event where the goal was simply to attack as many people as you could within a time frame (I don't remember the exact time) that you would earn the elite base defense, an indestructible unit with about 300/300 stats. During that event, my news feed was clogged with "You lost...during the attack you lost..." and the names of the units would exceed the space allowed. My stats dropped dramatically, and my income could not support the losses. Many of my revenge attacks caused severe retaliation from the Pirates (Comic book characters names in ALL CAPS). So with the high risk in attacking them and me losing units, coupled with the zero risk of losing units by the Pirates, this created an unequal atmosphere of what is frankly described as coordinated bullying.

But some might take it a step further. Some might call it a gang mentality...where "dissing" a Pirate can have them "bust a cap" in your army. While the current game parameters may have alleviated some of this capacity, I have not forgotten the history. And it equally sickens me to see their name scrawled all over the "winner's list." Like graffiti that can't be washed off in your neighborhood, these tags are here to stay, and a constant reminder of past oppressive behavior.

For the Pirates, this may be a whiny post, and responses of "you should have just quit" or "it's a game...get over it." I say to you: if it is so trivial, why do you invest the time and resources to dominate your fellow players? If we had all just quit, who would be here to play? We have similar goals: to play the game. But when there is an unequal playing field, other players cannot help but feel injustice. Now with all of the WD events, these Pirates need to defend their turf, just as any common street gang would protect their corner.

This thread was long overdue, and with all of the incarnations of the Priates, there should be enough to overturn the vote. But the masses have spoken. It is obvious that there is more than just jealousy in your "perfect record." There is a pattern that cannot be denied. And while you may have helped along some groups, your collective path of destruction has left a wake that will not so easily fade away.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Obviously, your history is marred with bits and pieces of fact and fiction. We did not find each other in the forum, we found each other in the game, mostly for warring with each other to begin with. What's the sense of having a stronger army and not using it? You do, and everyone does against weaker players. I'd say I you read what's posted here, the real concensous is that we are just playing a game. We did not encourage our members and friends to vote in this poll. The creator of this thread did. Also there was never unlimited attacks before a p,Ayer was too weak. There did used to be a greater number allowed before you got that message. Yes, we dominated the first pvp event because we enjoy competition. If out don't want to play a game based on competition, then yes, leave. That's the game YOU have CHoSEN to play. No one has forced this upon you. I'm sure you would like to define our actions, as would the players that you are stronger than, and take their money. I know you don't ask for permission before you do, so lets spare everyone your own self righteousness. Maybe you're just not a competitive type, that's ok. Don't blame others that are, and is the nature of this whole game. It's one competition after another. You do not define the games parameters. Gree does. We have played well within those parameters, we've just done it better than anyone else, and that's where jealousy, and envy set in. I have friends in the game who don't have the desire to do what we do, and they're happy with that, and they have no issues with how any other type of player wishes to play. You've seen much of that sentiment posted right here.

Banned
    Post Count
    SUP contains alot of people and all people are different, some SUP members are pretty unfriendly, but I'm sure there are a few who are decent.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post
    SUP contains alot of people and all people are different, some SUP members are pretty unfriendly, but I'm sure there are a few who are decent.
    ++++++++++1....................................... ...PUN

Post Count
    strange poll while we see you now in SUP1
    Join The Dutch Fighters Invite Code: 291664130 Modern War

Feel free to Join the Dutch.

Post Count
    I get hit quite a few times by them but wouldn't label them as bullies BUT the ones I've tried to talk to and ask questions about requirements etc who are not much more powerful than me have been completely ignorant,not one reply from any of them,I don't mind being hit but a bit of common courtesy would be nice

Banned
    Post Count
    My News feed had 3 consecutive attacks by SUP players, this was a week ago. Only event going on was the Faction LTQ. Everyone has a need to attack / raid, so I see no difference when SUP does it to me, I do it to other players.

I don't hold them to any higher standards then any other opponent.

If any group has certain un-writen rules then they should live up to them, otherwise all is fair in war (within Geneva convention

Articulate Author camper killer's Avatar
    Post Count
    “The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender.” — Vince Lombardi

“I have named the destroyers of nations: comfort, plenty, and security – out of which grow a bored and slothful cynicism…” — John Steinbeck

“Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” — Mark Twain

“There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” — Bruce Lee

“The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be.” — Socrates

“Facing it, always facing it, that’s the way to get through. Face it.” — Joseph Conrad
    Just a little ole friend with a hockey mask and my lucky machete!

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Wai View Post
    This is a classic example of how these forums have degenerated. The dweeb nowhere men, puffed up and full of self importance in their virtual nano-world. Just step back for a bit and have a look at this nonsense, then do yourself a favour and try and get a grip and a life with a healthy balance. There is nothing interesting or informative about this thread at all.
    so you commenting on this thread means what? if people are enjoying themselves than i would say this is a successful thread

Banned
    Post Count
    S T U P I D = Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
    - unknown

I never apologize.
    I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.
    - Homer J. Simpson

i thought a thought that i thought i had thought but the thought that i had thought wasnt the thought that i had thought i had thought so maybe if i had thought the thought that i thought i thought i wouldn't of thought so much
    - me

A day without sunshine is like night.
    - Unknown

dont look at me in that tone of voice
    - spanky

if you have noticed this notice you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing
    - a very important notice

Your're so stupid you threw a rock at the ground and missed.
    - my little brother

Quote Originally Posted by camper killer View Post
    “The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender.” — Vince Lombardi

“I have named the destroyers of nations: comfort, plenty, and security – out of which grow a bored and slothful cynicism…” — John Steinbeck

“Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” — Mark Twain

“There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” — Bruce Lee

“The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be.” — Socrates

“Facing it, always facing it, that’s the way to get through. Face it.” — Joseph Conrad

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Hey Micky, excerpts from your auto biography?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

What a morose response

Quote Originally Posted by Robespierre View Post
    For me, there is a long back story to why the Pirates earned their title, as noted earlier in the thread.

In the days before WD, the Pirates were a collection of gamers with armies that suffered no casualties. This was in the time before indestructible units were given as prizes, and so all of these gamers had what were called "golden armies"...all purchased with gold. In addition to having these indestructible golden armies, the casualty rate for all of the destructible units were much higher; sometimes as many as four units were lost in a single attack. And finally, there was a time where there was no "player is too weak to fight" attack limit, meaning that a gamer could dump all of his or her stamina into a single player. So, with all of these parameters, it created an environment where gamers with golden armies could inflict serious damage against players with less than a totally golden army.

These gamers with golden armies found each other in the forum, and started grouping together, saying that they flew the Pirate flag...meaning that if you stepped in their way/damaged them/raided their base/etc., that they would have their Pirate friends visit your base and inflict some heavy damage on your fragile army. I remember during the first funzio event where the goal was simply to attack as many people as you could within a time frame (I don't remember the exact time) that you would earn the elite base defense, an indestructible unit with about 300/300 stats. During that event, my news feed was clogged with "You lost...during the attack you lost..." and the names of the units would exceed the space allowed. My stats dropped dramatically, and my income could not support the losses. Many of my revenge attacks caused severe retaliation from the Pirates (Comic book characters names in ALL CAPS). So with the high risk in attacking them and me losing units, coupled with the zero risk of losing units by the Pirates, this created an unequal atmosphere of what is frankly described as coordinated bullying.

But some might take it a step further. Some might call it a gang mentality...where "dissing" a Pirate can have them "bust a cap" in your army. While the current game parameters may have alleviated some of this capacity, I have not forgotten the history. And it equally sickens me to see their name scrawled all over the "winner's list." Like graffiti that can't be washed off in your neighborhood, these tags are here to stay, and a constant reminder of past oppressive behavior.

For the Pirates, this may be a whiny post, and responses of "you should have just quit" or "it's a game...get over it." I say to you: if it is so trivial, why do you invest the time and resources to dominate your fellow players? If we had all just quit, who would be here to play? We have similar goals: to play the game. But when there is an unequal playing field, other players cannot help but feel injustice. Now with all of the WD events, these Pirates need to defend their turf, just as any common street gang would protect their corner.

This thread was long overdue, and with all of the incarnations of the Priates, there should be enough to overturn the vote. But the masses have spoken. It is obvious that there is more than just jealousy in your "perfect record." There is a pattern that cannot be denied. And while you may have helped along some groups, your collective path of destruction has left a wake that will not so easily fade away.

Wow, Robespierre. You could take off you own ear like van Gogh did. Maybe that would make you feel better.