PSA Regarding the energy glitches (including the wifi hack)

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSA Regarding the energy glitches (including the wifi hack)

Post Count

PSA Regarding the energy glitches (including the wifi hack)

These are cheating. You're no better than the time glitchers, Ian, Soloman, or Mrs. DD if you use them.
    That is all.

This message was sponsored by Morals By Dipstik Inc.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Post Count
    Should be obvious, but then, I didn't know McDonalds coffee was hot until I spilled it on my self.
    Last edited by Sirius; 09-11-2013 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Keep it Clean!
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Dip, you are sick. Use the sticky thing to stir.
    Who laughs last laughs best...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dr007 View Post
    Dip, you are sick. Use the sticky thing to stir.
    There's a reason they call him Dipstik...
    I've gone super Rogue.

Updated Hood Planner (w/ Bloody Barber Shop)

MT's Camping Guide

Banned
    Post Count
    .....yeah.....

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    How about you check the oil in my car Dip?
    Who laughs last laughs best...

Consistent Contributor Gunflame's Avatar
    Post Count
    I'm always out of the loop on this cheating business, but it is definitely something that is ingrained within the game. Aside from attacking a few people and then going, "Huh? I loss to you?" I don't think cheating has affected me that much. It would be nice if Gree was more communicative with us regarding these issues, but oh well. I may lose out on some unfortunately gameplay experiences, but I wonder how people who spend money feel about cheaters. >.>

Banned
    Post Count
    I and many others don't agree with this. If "hypothetically" going to the map Club District and hitting Tattoo Parlor twice and Adult Store twice causes me to get "extra energy" then this is not cheating. This is clearly something that was put in the game by the programmers and is therefor "fair game".

If GREE doesn't want us to do this, then it is their job to remove this Easter egg. I see no problems with doing that as it can be done with normal game play. It is not altering the code/data of the game in any way and it is not mucking with the clock or internal settings of my device.

Good luck trying to ban players that do this. Apple will have a field day on Gree if they start trying to ban paying players because they "TAP TAP TAP TAP" in the wrong order.

-Triga

Quote Originally Posted by mxz View Post
    These are cheating. You're no better than the time glitchers, Ian, Soloman, or Mrs. DD if you use them.
    That is all.

This message was sponsored by Morals By Dipstik Inc.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Butt Futter View Post
    Do you guys want to know how I check my wife's temperature when she's not feeling well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    eww... in the ear?
    A little bit of that side door action *giggity*
    As of 3/16/14 5:00am PST:

CC: 817-801-163
    Level: 247
    Mafia: 269
    Attack: 15.9m
    Defense: 15.4m
    IpH: $7.06m
    Fights W/L: 53,996/19,825
    Robs W/L: 124,836/1026

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Triga Treat View Post
    I and many others don't agree with this. If "hypothetically" going to the map Club District and hitting Tattoo Parlor twice and Adult Store twice causes me to get "extra energy" then this is not cheating. This is clearly something that was put in the game by the programmers and is therefor "fair game".

If GREE doesn't want us to do this, then it is their job to remove this Easter egg. I see no problems with doing that as it can be done with normal game play. It is not altering the code/data of the game in any way and it is not mucking with the clock or internal settings of my device.

Good luck trying to ban players that do this. Apple will have a field day on Gree if they start trying to ban paying players because they "TAP TAP TAP TAP" in the wrong order.

-Triga
    Does that actually work? lol How much energy does it give you?
    I NO LONGER PLAY CC

RETIRED FROM INDIAN NATION

My teepee still has the new teepee smell.

LOLGREE

Post Count
    <TL;DR attempt to justify cheating>

-Triga
    Yeah... big surprise there. Any cheat you DON'T advocate?
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Articulate Author
    Post Count

-Triga
    It doesn't matter what it is, you seem to think everything that is unethical is ok to do. Have fun in life with that thinking. You may want to get to know Dipstick really well, you'll be using him and his colleagues in the future...
    CC-
    572 739 028
    364 082 430
    668 483 974

Quote Originally Posted by tam
    ... if you believe you can buy a first place prize, knock yourself out buying one
    Prove to us all that its possible...I dare your do it
    Put your money were your mouth is
    its not possible to win with money

Banned
    Post Count
    Swedevil, we have a difference of opinion here. I don't believe it is in anyway unethical to use. If GREE didn't want us to use it, then they shouldn't have coded it into the game.

If you are going to be mad at anyone, then you should be mad at GREE for coding it in.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

-Triga

Quote Originally Posted by Swedevil View Post
    It doesn't matter what it is, you seem to think everything that is unethical is ok to do. Have fun in life with that thinking. You may want to get to know Dipstick really well, you'll be using him and his colleagues in the future...

Post Count
    Swedevil, we have a difference of opinion here. I don't believe it is in anyway unethical to use. If GREE didn't want us to use it, then they shouldn't have coded it into the game.

If you are going to be mad at anyone, then you should be mad at GREE for coding it in.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

-Triga
    No... in this case it's perfectly acceptable to hate the player. The player is cheating and trying to rationalize it. Have you noticed there's a theme regarding the topics of conversation you choose to involve yourself in?
    Still mad at Bostick.

Banned
    Post Count
    Butt, No. That specific example of TAPS that I gave probably won't get you extra energy. I didn't reveal that true sequence of TAPS needed. It took a long time to figure out the real combination and it is GREE's job to correct it if they don't want us using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Butt Futter View Post
    Does that actually work? lol How much energy does it give you?