Loot with stat modifiers, what if they're superceded?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Loot with stat modifiers, what if they're superceded?

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Loot with stat modifiers, what if they're superceded?

Let's say I have a gun that's 3000/3000 and it has a +10% gun attack or something, do I need to bring that item to a fight for the boost to be effective? In other words, if I have 500 mafia, and 500 guns that are 4000/4000, does my gun boost from my 3000/3000 gun that I'm no longer using? Or is the boost just permanent to your character regardless of usage?

I realize in present day my example seems unlikely, but with so much stat inflation around, this could become an issue with legacy contest winners pretty soon, and us normal folk maybe in a year or so.

Post Count
    That is an interesting example, although your situation is highly unlikely (gun wep atk alone would be 2M atk hits). I really don't know whether modifier will supersede the strongest weapon carrying rule- though there is no reason that it should break the combat rule. I guess we will find out once someone gets 500 super boosted gun weapon with a lower powered modifier gun.
    Last edited by The_; 09-10-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Assault & Flattery made the signature above. She will be missed.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Pretty sure the boost applies to your character regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by brandocommando View Post
    Pretty sure the boost applies to your character regardless.
    Pics or it didn't happen

lord of the winners lists Assault and Flattery's Avatar
    Post Count
    The boost is connected to the item, so you need to have it equipped to make it work.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Perfect. 2014 will be the year of 10K/10K loot drop.
    Can be reached at....Game of War / Odin Kingdom | ATK - Defensible | DEF - Beatable | RSS - Worth throwing a few troops at

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Assault and Flattery View Post
    The boost is connected to the item, so you need to have it equipped to make it work.
    Interesting, but how are we supposed to know what mod is connected to what item? They dont show up in your inventory as having a mod attached...

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Interesting, but how are we supposed to know what mod is connected to what item? They dont show up in your inventory as having a mod attached...
    Look in your profile, view bonusses ,individual, there you go all listed

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoeba View Post
    Look in your profile, view bonusses ,individual, there you go all listed
    Yeah but it'd be nice to see the stats of the item with the mod attached rather than scouring through my inventory for dozens of items. Oh well, I guess its not really going to change how I play anyways

Banned
    Post Count
    you don't have to scout. as Hoeba said they're listed under bonuses. It only shows the items that bestow stat bonuses.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack The Knife View Post
    you don't have to scout. as Hoeba said they're listed under bonuses. It only shows the items that bestow stat bonuses.
    The title of the thread was asking about when an item with a modifier is superseded. You wouldn't know if it will be superseded unless you know the stats of the actual gun, vehicle, etc that is attached to the modifier. To find those actual stats, you would have to look through your inventory.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Thanks A&F, that will eventually be a big ol bummer when some of the more unique things get superseded, like building upgrade cost/time reducers, output cash enhancers, +1 building upgrades, etc.

I've got to imagine this already affects some of the big dogs in the game, as some of the lower level prizes given during wars have enhancers (example, the top 1000 item for the upcoming war is a ~700/600 explosive with a +3% car attack modifier)

An option to delete inventory might be handy (with a series of "are you sure?" "are you positive?" "are you sure you're positive" popups before you can do it), though knowing if your "modifier" loot is being used at all would be the first requirement. An overhaul of the inventory system in general is really what's needed, with sorting and whatnot, but I realize that's probably a significant development effort.

Post Count
    What do you mean "equipped"? Simply own the item, right? I'm sure there are players who own the Midas Machine Gun (+40% fight RP) who don't bring it into battle, with its 100-something stats.

Banned
    Post Count
    The title of the thread was asking about when an item with a modifier is superseded. You wouldn't know if it will be superseded unless you know the stats of the actual gun, vehicle, etc that is attached to the modifier. To find those actual stats, you would have to look through your inventory.
    ah, I see what you're saying. fair enough.

Post Count
    What about non-PVP mods like free banking? I'm sure there must be some juggernauts out there who aren't bringing the emerald burner into battle anymore. Can anyone verify whether they still get free banking?
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.