Loot with stat modifiers, what if they're superceded? - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Loot with stat modifiers, what if they're superceded?

Post Count
    One of the few interesting threads in months, nice to see the good ole boys spouting out.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Assault and Flattery View Post
    The boost is connected to the item, so you need to have it equipped to make it work.
    If this is the case then I never ever want my executive coupe bumped from my strong items

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ****Trickle View Post
    Lets put this in context to the attached excerpt from FAQ.

Items are automatically equipped when actions are taken. That implies that while you are taking no actions, no items are equipped.

Whether things like banking, collecting from buildings, doing jobs etc. are considered actions in this sense is not clear. Obviously, these actions do not require items at all except for those with modifiers. So either a) for non-PVP actions all mods are taken into consideration, or b) the game will take into consideration your best available non-PVP modded items (regardless of a/d stats) during these actions.

Another thing to consider is the definition of "best items". By definition, this should actually include the effects of modifiers. For example, if you had 500 100 attack guns and 1 10 attack gun with a +10% gun attack mod, what's really the better item here? Obviously the modded gun is the best since it adds the most to your attack, so you'll bring it into battle. This being the case, we don't have a whole lot to worry about even if what A&F says is true (which I doubt).
    What if you have 500 guns with better stats that the emerald gun with free banking mods and gets attacked at the same time you are banking, what do you have equiped at that point? Same with the item with the mod -30% cost on upgrades etc. At some point these non-pvp items will get "crappy" in stats and are gonna be cut out the top 500, but will they get used at the same time someone else is attacking you or you will have that other item with +1 more defence instead? Being so, I hope that the mods will be active as long as you have the item (forever) and that you donīt need to actively use them. I am nowhere near myself to that point and I donīt even have other mods than pvp-mods (att, def and + respect). The best I have wich I doubt I will ever have 500 better than is the Sweet Vengeance (25% gun att).

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by cubic View Post
    What if you have 500 guns with better stats that the emerald gun with free banking mods and gets attacked at the same time you are banking, what do you have equiped at that point?
    They are still separate actions. Consider when you are attacking someone and being attacked at the same time--clearly this does not affect your attack or defense.

On a separate note, things like this don't really happen at exactly the "same time" in computers. For events which read and/or write the same data, programmers have to take care to make sure they happen one after another.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ****Trickle View Post
    They are still separate actions. Consider when you are attacking someone and being attacked at the same time--clearly this does not affect your attack or defense.

On a separate note, things like this don't really happen at exactly the "same time" in computers. For events which read and/or write the same data, programmers have to take care to make sure they happen one after another.
    Thanks for clearing that up

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    I have attack modifier attached to weapons I don't use when attacking, and they still apply.

Thankfully A&F appears to be mistaken on this issue.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bald zeemer View Post
    I have attack modifier attached to weapons I don't use when attacking, and they still apply.

Mods are never wrong. Expect this bug to be fixed in the next update.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Articulate Author
    Post Count

How did you confirm? Do you have every single item you own in a spreadsheet?

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Yes.

Characters.

Edit/ to confirm, it is definitely a massive pain in the proverbial, but since there is no other option....
    Last edited by bald zeemer; 09-11-2013 at 09:03 AM.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Banned
    Post Count
    Thats a lot of weapons.....

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Yes.

Characters.

Edit/ to confirm, it is definitely a massive pain in the proverbial, but since there is no other option....
    Thanks for verifying this BZ, I figured you'd probably be the one to do so

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Yes.

Characters.

Yes, I used to do it when I was a baby calculating the $ per stat gain of low end cash items. Seems almost comedic at this stage, the things I used to do for 100 attack...

I do know to a extent what a pain it is, especially when you won't allow yourself to accept anything but +/- 0 accuracy on attack stat and quantities.