Easter Eggs vs. Glitches & Cheating. A List.

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Easter Eggs vs. Glitches & Cheating. A List.

Consistent Contributor Mistress Nikita's Avatar
    Post Count

Easter Eggs vs. Glitches & Cheating. A List.

Since the other thread was hijacked by a personal feud, I thought I'd start a new one. Lets keep this one on topic.

In my opinion, an Easter Egg is available to both platforms (Droid and iOS) and won't get you banned for discussing it in the forums.

The 26 minutes on the bosses to get an extra hit is an "Easter Egg" in a loose sense of the phrase. It is widely known, discussed in the forums, available to both platforms, and won't get you banned for discussing it.

What other "Easter Eggs" are our there?

Banned
    Post Count
    never heard of an easter egg tied to crime city.i think this will get quite interesting

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    How about bouncing around Syndicates during SLTQs and crediting multiple teams for the same thing?
    Doesn't get much more public than that, the fountain of "help us" spams on the forums last weekend.

Post Count
    Please define "easter egg" and distinguish it from a glitch. The guy who coined the term earlier is an admitted cheater and was encouraging others to do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredfreddy View Post
    How about bouncing around Syndicates during SLTQs and crediting multiple teams for the same thing?
    Doesn't get much more public than that, the fountain of "help us" spams on the forums last weekend.
    Yeah, that one is more of a Rotten Easter Egg. I liked the syndicate PvP better when the points stayed with the player and moved to a new syndicate if they moved. But, if this is how Gree makes the rules, then I guess we have to live with ASS and its 17 syndicates always rotating people into its top team to "win" first place. I'd love to know how the people who spend all the gold to "help" the top team get first feel about not getting the prize. I'd be bitter. But, hey, that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragmondino View Post
    Just remember the more you openly discuss them the quicker they get nerfed.
    I think "easter egg" should be renamed "poor development/planning decision". The M4A1 for example. Not an Easter Egg, discussed immensely, nerfed due to it creating too much imbalance.

Add the PVP where prizes were backwards and we all got the -30% building upgrade, guess it's hard to nerf an event though.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Please define "easter egg" and distinguish it from a glitch. The guy who coined the term earlier is an admitted cheater and was encouraging others to do the same.
    Hi Dippy,

I tried to define it in my first post.

An "Easter Egg" is:
    1. Available to both platforms
    2. Won't get you banned for discussing it

For an example, the Droid time traveling would not be an "Easter Egg" because it fails both tests.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredfreddy View Post
    this was not a mistake

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Nikita View Post
    Hi Dippy,

I tried to define it in my first post.

An "Easter Egg" is:
    1. Available to both platforms
    2. Won't get you banned for discussing it

For an example, the Droid time traveling would not be an "Easter Egg" because it fails both tests.
    Time traveling is not an "Easter Egg", it's a blatent cheat. "Easter Egg" are put in by the developers and cheat/hacks are bad programming.
    I NO LONGER PLAY CC

RETIRED FROM INDIAN NATION

My teepee still has the new teepee smell.

LOLGREE

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Butt Futter View Post
    Time traveling is not an "Easter Egg", it's a blatent cheat. "Easter Egg" are put in by the developers and cheat/hacks are bad programming.
    I said NOT. Time traveling is NOT an "Easter Egg." Time traveling is cheating, plain and simple.

Post Count
    "Easter eggs" are things that game developers intentionally hid in the game for players to find. A glitch is an unintended consequence as a result of poor coding. If GREE didn't mean for boss hits to be possible when you have less than 25 hp, that would be a "glitch" as well. In my eyes, you're all arguing over the various acceptability of glitches.

Unfortunately GREE doesn't seem to care much either way. Everyone knows the "building two buildings at once" glitch, and nothing was ever done about it. I've reported Nature Boy GoTTi multiple times as he has 400+ of each of the top RP items and exactly 510 of each cash item, but he's now made it through his third war with the GoTTis and is currently earning points in the PvP for them as well. Level 221, if you want to see for yourself. Or if you're GREE, ticket #835701, #866233. "We don't discuss the results of our investigation" is seemingly code for "we are not going to do anything about this despite overwhelming proof presented before us."

Banned
    Post Count
    i visit nature boy daily, and has been reported so many times that i just gave up

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Good thing Gree won't be getting any more money from me.
    I NO LONGER PLAY CC

RETIRED FROM INDIAN NATION

My teepee still has the new teepee smell.

LOLGREE

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    "Easter eggs" are things that game developers intentionally hid in the game for players to find. A glitch is an unintended consequence as a result of poor coding. If GREE didn't mean for boss hits to be possible when you have less than 25 hp, that would be a "glitch" as well. In my eyes, you're all arguing over the various acceptability of glitches.

Unfortunately GREE doesn't seem to care much either way. Everyone knows the "building two buildings at once" glitch, and nothing was ever done about it. I've reported ****** ***** GoTTi multiple times as he has 400+ of each of the top RP items and exactly 510 of each cash item, but he's now made it through his third war with the GoTTis and is currently earning points in the PvP for them as well. Level 221, if you want to see for yourself. Or if you're GREE, ticket #835701, #866233. "We don't discuss the results of our investigation" is seemingly code for "we are not going to do anything about this despite overwhelming proof presented before us."
    Big Money, you are one of my favorite forumites, and I don't want you to take another "vacation" so please be careful!

What is the 2 buildings at once glitch? Would it qualify as an "Easter Egg" as I defined it? Is it available to both iOS and Droid? Will it get you banned if you discuss it in the forums?

Banned
    Post Count
    no more butts will be futtered

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Nikita View Post
    Big Money, you are one of my favorite forumites, and I don't want you to take another "vacation" so please be careful!

What is the 2 buildings at once glitch? Would it qualify as an "Easter Egg" as I defined it? Is it available to both iOS and Droid? Will it get you banned if you discuss it in the forums?
    the only way someone will know is if they try it
    Last edited by bimmer kid; 09-09-2013 at 09:10 AM.