Economy experts out there - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Economy experts out there

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bald zeemer View Post
    Utilising my method accounting for +1 upgrades is easy - you simply halve your IPH for calculations on saves.
    Not ideal, but I suppose it would work. Almost like operating 2 independent hoods. Might be 50/50 is not the ideal split all the time, but for simplicity's sake, sounds like a good method. Probably a lot better for you than most, anyway, with your super high income. I'd probably be 80/20 or 90/10 most of the time.

I'd probably be foced to start doing ridiculous upgrades like L9 lofts lol just to burn up the upgrade hours. It would only be beneficial for me at the very beginning of LTB.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    The dividing IPH by half is for the purposes of identifying save upgrades. Obviously there are increased subtleties involved, but the principle holds throughout. i.e., you aim for the top upgrade, and perform a range of save upgrades whose net effect is a save large enough to allow you to do the ideal upgrade.

It sounds overly simplistic, but if you look at a dIPH/t upgrade spreadsheet with IPH halved then you quickly see it is a very different beast (ie, the focus is on ensuring enough cash is saved for an upgrade, rather than ensuring that overly-long save upgrades are not conducted).

I'd probably be foced to start doing ridiculous upgrades like L9 lofts lol just to burn up the upgrade hours. It would only be beneficial for me at the very beginning of LTB.
    dIPH/t never forces (suggests) that you perform these upgrades. High end loft upgrades are ranked so low as to never be a realistic option. IMO that is a proof of the efficacy of dIPH/t. Many other methods turn out these suggestions that one is meant to dismiss from general game knowledge. But if they were suggested by a method, then that method legitimately thinks it's a good upgrade. Hence, there is a fault in the method.

I challenge anyone to give an example of dIPH/t suggesting a ridiculous upgrade.

edit/ I just checked my pers hood planner, and 9-10 loft is the 127th best upgrade available. So it would not be suggested at any point in any realistic timeframe.
    Last edited by bald zeemer; 09-07-2013 at 09:41 AM.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885