Are any gold units still worth it?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are any gold units still worth it?

Are any gold units still worth it?

With all these limited quests and the stat inflation, I see no reason to ever spend money on gold units anymore. The current quest requires you to spend about 24 energy to get a unit better than the blackrock battling ram. The top weapon is a20 d 14, while the last guild quest rewarded a unit with around a 46,000 attack. Doesn't much seem worth it when you can donate that money to your guild.

My second account has never developed any unit buildings and its doing very well. Anyone else feel this way?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Build some unit buildings just in case GREEd decides to inflate the stats of the units, which will happen in 2752.
    Waiting for an hour to collect from a level 9 manor when you have enough gold to upgrade it? Wait, and you will never get it upgraded.
    Ally Code: 243347166
    Guild: The Golden Horde

Post Count
    no /10char.

no one is unraidable.

MoC Officer in Kingdom Age

MoC Officer in Dragon Realms

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Not at all. The new gold units were relevant for about 1 month.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Worth it until when you reach 1500 indestructible units through quests...just maths.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulg0re View Post
    Worth it until when you reach 1500 indestructible units through quests...just maths.
    I meant 1500 indestructible units better than rams (given 500 allies)..

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Check your current stats, then buy a couple of gold units. Close the game and open and check your stats again. If they went up, the gold units are still viable.

Should you break the bank, no. Should you get a few of the more expensive every so often, if the above test provides a boost in stats, yes.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    You are better off donating the 20k for a ram to your guild to buy bonuses. Sorry, but its the truth. You aren't buying gold units, you are renting them.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Yes - valuable/useful/relevant.

Have any of you higher-level players done a full inventory of all your stats? Well, I did. And despite being over 7Mil attack, I still have Blackrock Battering Rams in my top 1500 in both attack and defense. And, in fact, lost one raiding the other day.

I personally think the best strategy is to maximize boost buildings, and buy only BBRs as soon as you can. That is the only unit that will "persevere" once you hit the "big time". Keep your ally count just a little bigger than the number of invincibles you have over 50 attack...and you'll do fine.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by pendentive View Post

Have any of you higher-level players done a full inventory of all your stats? Well, I did. And despite being over 7Mil attack, I still have Blackrock Battering Rams in my top 1500 in both attack and defense. And, in fact, lost one raiding the other day.

I personally think the best strategy is to maximize boost buildings, and buy only BBRs as soon as you can. That is the only unit that will "persevere" once you hit the "big time". Keep your ally count just a little bigger than the number of invincibles you have over 50 attack...and you'll do fine.
    this.

despite closing in on the 3m attack, i dropped a few allies worth 300A/500D each.

now im still almost on 3m attack with 350 allies.

no one is unraidable.

MoC Officer in Kingdom Age

MoC Officer in Dragon Realms

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    this.

despite closing in on the 3m attack, i dropped a few allies worth 300A/500D each.

now im still almost on 3m attack with 350 allies.
    Why drop your ally number?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by custos View Post
    Why drop your ally number?
    To make them more appealing to rivals during war, and when they hit him and lose he scores points. They only drop the "Smaller" units so it doesn't drop their stats that much.

Consistent Contributor aphroKEN's Avatar
    Post Count
    Back then camping and getting an army of gold units was all the fuss. Those were the good times.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by E-I View Post
    You are better off donating the 20k for a ram to your guild to buy bonuses. Sorry, but its the truth. You aren't buying gold units, you are renting them.
    I like the quote about renting, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by pendentive View Post

Very good perspective, but I think the other half I'm looking at is adding 135 attack when people have 7 million attack worth anything anymore?