@GREE - Remove the maximum of 500 allies.

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: @GREE - Remove the maximum of 500 allies.

Articulate Author Colony Colonel's Avatar
    Post Count

@GREE - Remove the maximum of 500 allies.

Why do we have a maximum of 500 allies?

you want players to spend gems but they pick and choose which quests to do and nobody does the normal quest chain all to avoid leveling. There is no benefit to leveling it in fact penalizes players during wars.

If you remove the ally cap and level 200 players can take 3000 units, weapons and armor to war players will race to level 200 and even spend to get there just so that they are better prepared for battle.

Post Count
    I think it is a great idead CC...give incentives for leveling up. Right now, it's a punishment.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Although I like the idea, my guess is the code for the game cannot handle the information 500 allies gives you. At this point it does not allow me to see all of my allies, only about 463. All of my most recent do not show up and if I go back in the list to try and remove really old ones who have stopped playing, after selecting to remove one it brings me back to the start of the list.

The race for 200 will happen if they change the level cap to 250, but I think with the smaller player base and idevices many more play in the midlevels and stop. This leaves less players to test the new content and more importantly to spend into the new content. Of course this is just my assumption and I could be incorrect.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedood View Post
    Although I like the idea, my guess is the code for the game cannot handle the information 500 allies gives you. At this point it does not allow me to see all of my allies, only about 463. All of my most recent do not show up and if I go back in the list to try and remove really old ones who have stopped playing, after selecting to remove one it brings me back to the start of the list.

The race for 200 will happen if they change the level cap to 250, but I think with the smaller player base and idevices many more play in the midlevels and stop. This leaves less players to test the new content and more importantly to spend into the new content. Of course this is just my assumption and I could be incorrect.
    You have 'grunts' in your army. these are free ally's provided when you complete certain quests. your grunts and allies add together to give you your actual total number of allies. That is why it only shows say '470' allies. if you then add more allies it will either add them to your list or it will simply discard them but the other person will have you as an ally.

If the level cap is increased to 250 I couldn't care less. I will still avoid leveling. The only benefit that would bring is that when I finally reach level 150+ (I hope that I never do) the whales will have moved to the deeper ocean.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Is the real issue here -that leveling up is a terrible thing?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by larrydavid View Post
    Is the real issue here -that leveling up is a terrible thing?
    Yeah and this is what I would say is a good solution for it

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    and then how long until the "OMG, upper level player stats are Soooooo inflated" complaints start rolling in?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Although I like the idea, my guess is the code for the game cannot handle the information 500 allies gives you.
    Gree code can't handle information period. How many major screw-ups have there been since the last war? Bwuhahaha.

The race for 200 will happen if they change the level cap to 250
    Why would changing the level cap lead to a race to 200? I'm not sure why that would entice anyone to level any faster since there is still no advantage to increasing level. They need to either remove the CP penalty that you get, or give some sort of advantage to max level players.

Banned
    Post Count
    Yea! Base on stats... Once u get pass lvl 120 to 130. You face senior member which stats are way pass the million mark. During war, you become a target if your stats aren't descent.
    IMO GREE should look into
    Increasing the amount of allies (set this by tear) lvl 150 gets to have 600 allies
    Lvl 175 gets 750 allies
    Lvl 200 is allow 1000 allies.
    Make rewards. (Unit buildings and money ) into tiers
    Lvl 150 (allow the purchase of better units)
    Lvl 160 allow an option of more gold buildings
    Lvl 170 (unit building)
    Lvl 180 gold building
    Lvl 200 ( unit building - stats per unit once max out 500attack as a reward for reaching lvl 200.

Increase the lvl stats to at least 500.
    It gives the senior members an incentive and at the same time they feel appreciated by new rewards.
    GREE wins, players are happy!!!
    Happy player , spends more on gems = happy GREE team.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by AndOne707 View Post
    Yea! Base on stats... Once u get pass lvl 120 to 130. You face senior member which stats are way pass the million mark. During war, you become a target if your stats aren't descent.
    Increasing the amount of allies (set this by tear) lvl 150 gets to have 600 allies
    Lvl 175 gets 750 allies
    Lvl 170 (unit building)
    Lvl 180 gold building
    Lvl 200 ( unit building - stats per unit once max out 500attack as a reward for reaching lvl 200.

It gives the senior members an incentive and at the same time they feel appreciated by new rewards.
    Upset player , spends more on gems = happy GREE team.
    fixed that for you

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by AndOne707 View Post
    Lvl 175 gets 750 allies
    Lvl 170 (unit building)
    Lvl 180 gold building

Upset player , spends more on gems = happy GREE team.
    fixed that for you

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Grunts or not, most of my newer allies no longer show up for me to select and visit. After I reached 500 or more, I can still add, but cannot see and visit them.

The number of screw ups is amazing, it feels like we actively test code for them as opposed to the engineers testing prior to release.

I think changing the level cap would come with some sort of reward and make those at 200 move up in level, some unit or new maps, but possibly not enough players to make it worthwhile for gree on the financial side. If they were to add levels and those whales started leveling up, others might start to level for whatever gain or reward they set for the 200 milestone. The problem I see, and again am only making an opinion, is that the player base much smaller without the android devices and the monetary incentive is not there for gree to expand levels.

Post Count
    Grunts or not, most of my newer allies no longer show up for me to select and visit. After I reached 500 or more, I can still add, but cannot see and visit them.

The number of screw ups is amazing, it feels like we actively test code for them as opposed to the engineers testing prior to release.

I think changing the level cap would come with some sort of reward and make those at 200 move up in level, some unit or new maps, but possibly not enough players to make it worthwhile for gree on the financial side. If they were to add levels and those whales started leveling up, others might start to level for whatever gain or reward they set for the 200 milestone. The problem I see, and again am only making an opinion, is that the player base much smaller without the android devices and the monetary incentive is not there for gree to expand levels.
    No screw ups there. It is a rather simple process and I just spelled it out for you. It is nobodies fault but your own that you can't grasp the concept.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Colony Colonel View Post
    No screw ups there. It is a rather simple process and I just spelled it out for you. It is nobodies fault but your own that you can't grasp the concept.
    Okay colony, I have never been a douche to you, so let's step back and hope you are misunderstanding what I have written. I understand the concept of grunts, no need to be a condescending jerk. Once my allies reached the cap, my new allies are added but cannot be seen, I can only see new allies by removing old, but the code makes it difficult to do that. Perhaps you are not having this issue, but myself and others I have spoken with are experiencing it. As a leader it makes it hard for me to communicate in game with folks who are not on Groupme.

Banned
    Post Count
    Raising levels is fine but I think a couple of other solutions might address the problem as well. 1. Adjust skill points to 10 per level. 2. Change cp formula to (attacker level*1)+(target*.50)