@GREE - Remove the maximum of 500 allies. - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: @GREE - Remove the maximum of 500 allies.

Articulate Author Colony Colonel's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedood View Post
    Okay colony, I have never been a douche to you, so let's step back and hope you are misunderstanding what I have written. I understand the concept of grunts, no need to be a condescending jerk. Once my allies reached the cap, my new allies are added but cannot be seen, I can only see new allies by removing old, but the code makes it difficult to do that. Perhaps you are not having this issue, but myself and others I have spoken with are experiencing it. As a leader it makes it hard for me to communicate in game with folks who are not on Groupme.
    If you have too many allies just remove some and then add the people that you need. But if these people are in your guild then you can just access their wall through your guild to message them. I really don't see a problem with how allies work I just think that there should be no maximum number. it should just be 5 x level.

I have always agreed that there should be a search function though to make it easier.

If companies out there can make games that do anything that they want it to i'm sure GREE can code in a search box. There's no such thing as "can't" but there is "wont" and "don't know how"

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I will try and step you though because maybe you are not accepting players as allies daily to start in game communication with and having the issue of not being able to find them. When you look at your ally list right now, it will show some of your most recent.

To just remove a few you probably want to get rid of very old allies who have not leveled and or no longer play. Those allies are all the way at the end of your allies and take many scroll and view more taps and wait. As soon as you select remove ally, it refreshes back to the start screen, so the code makes it take 5-10 minutes to remove 2 allies from the middle or end of the list.

Now say you have added more than 50 allies above the threshold, it could take a very long time to delete old and pull up the new.

My point was how difficult this process is, not that I don't understand.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Why even bother removing old allies? So what if they don't play, that doesn't change a thing to your character

Post Count
    have more allies ....less allies.....doesnt matter ...your avoiding the true issue about leveling up.....War time CP count....more levels=less CP....no amount of allies will change that!!!

KA: 630-568-270

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyraiders View Post
    have more allies ....less allies.....doesnt matter ...your avoiding the true issue about leveling up.....War time CP count....more levels=less CP....no amount of allies will change that!!!
    That seems like an issue for a different thread

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    That seems like an issue for a different thread
    no not really, as what he mentioned is the only incentive not to lvl atm.

no one is unraidable.

MoC Officer in Kingdom Age

MoC Officer in Dragon Realms

Post Count
    I also want to point out that if you increase allies for everyone.......everyone will get increased stats....if your thinking is to alter the your stat number in comparison to you battle pool....there will be no change of the overall postion of your placment in your battle pool.....meaning than if i now have 1000 allies and you have 1000 allies our stats will stay the same relative distance from each other just the numbers will be higher......there is no way at this time to balance the stat pool.....it will stay the same untill something drastic changes or those top players leave the game.....if you are simply offering an incentive to level up.....I stand by what i said eailier ....more levels=less CP

Edit: why would you want to offer an incentive to level faster anyway??? there will be no winner in this except gree ....i dont know if you have noticed or not but they are not IMO player friendly!!!
    Last edited by Skyraiders; 09-03-2013 at 09:58 AM.

Post Count
    Increasing the number of allies will allow you to take more units to battle. hence a level 200 has an advantage over a level 150 because they can take an extra 750 units to battle and therefore their defence is probably then greater than the other players attack and they receive more wins and less losses. This presenting itself as a benefit to players wanting to play the game as it should be played. The top guilds will ofcourse argue with this because it will mean that you have to then level up to increase your attack and defence or you will become a target in war and unable to keep up and in doing so will receive less CP per hit.

For everyone else especially those that decided to level up long before the stat inflation this is beneficial and presents itself as an incentive to levelling up. purchasing units weapons and armor to fill your armies to its maximum potential once more.

Post Count
    Raising the amount of units you could bring into battle would help your stats and rightfully so. However an addition or another fix to the problem could be to change the points system. Allow the level 200 people who attack level 200 people to receive more points. Why would I level up when I score more points from attacking people at a higher level than mine? My level is much higher with the addition of decent LTQ's and the Raid Bosses will increase it even more. However as long as my points decrease as my levels increase I will only level to receive units from LTQ's.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-that-is-right there is a reason this thread is blank.

Lurker
    Post Count
    they should also extend the levels like 50 more. i think they added some levels past 200 in crime city

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    What does extending levels get? I just don't see the advantage. I mean, there is clearly a huge disadvantage with being high level, but raising the limit isn't going to fix that. People who are level 200 are just more likely to max out again.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Colony Colonel View Post
    Increasing the number of allies will allow you to take more units to battle. hence a level 200 has an advantage over a level 150 because they can take an extra 750 units to battle and therefore their defence is probably then greater than the other players attack and they receive more wins and less losses. This presenting itself as a benefit to players wanting to play the game as it should be played. The top guilds will ofcourse argue with this because it will mean that you have to then level up to increase your attack and defence or you will become a target in war and unable to keep up and in doing so will receive less CP per hit.

For everyone else especially those that decided to level up long before the stat inflation this is beneficial and presents itself as an incentive to levelling up. purchasing units weapons and armor to fill your armies to its maximum potential once more.
    Best argument clearly in this thread.
    Unfortunately people don't get it...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Best argument clearly in this thread.
    Unfortunately people don't get it...
    we get it! the problem is war time CP! apparently that is lost in this mentality......if they change the CP awesome.
    More to the point if you need more allies at a higher level to compete with someone 50 levels behind you maybe your playing the game incorrectly to begin with. Its an ok idea but givin the current game mechanics.....it would not change much!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by England Jon View Post
    Increasing the number of Allies is a bad idea. The strong players keep on suggesting ways to keep themselves above the rest. Whatever is done to the rules over time we will all be at the highest level, all with the maximum number of allies, all with stats within 10% of eachother, and there will be no incentives or room in the game for new players. All that can be done is to influence how long it takes to get to that point.
    I have suggested this and I am level 114 but have never maxed my allies as I don't currently have enough units that I would consider strong enough to be worthy of my army. So i'm not suggesting this to better myself as much as prepare everyone for their future in the game.