Guild SWAPPING-Cheat or Strategy???

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild SWAPPING-Cheat or Strategy???

Exclamation Guild SWAPPING-Cheat or Strategy???

I understand the strategy behind what is happening with the swapping, but I've seen soo many complaints on here about making the game more challenging, and tougher events, etc... Gree puts out good events and the Strongest players and gemmers complete early and then complain it was too easy. The mid range players struggle and some complete the event. The newest, play and dream of being strong enough to get to the heroic mode.

Enter guild swapping and all that goes out the window. Do we think giving people strength that they havnt earned will keep them in the game longer? Why are all the Big Kingdoms spreading the wealth?

We have chosen against this method. We would like to see the GTQs locked, the same as war. No one came move until the event is over. If you can put a team together that is able to achieve the prize, you deserve the prize. If you aren't strong enough, you don't get the prize!!!!

I call swapping CHEATING!!!!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I don't see it as cheating but more circumventing. Clearly it is within the rules of the game, although it might against Gree's original intentions. But then again, if the total number of gems spent is higher because of it then I think Gree would love the idea.

Consistent Contributor Capitalsfanatic's Avatar
    Post Count
    Our guild American Veterans, does not use this method either. Gaining unfair advantage over others or in reward events by using strength not earned is cheating, in my opinion. There are many others in this game who earned the strong positions they have today by investing time and real $$$ to do so. Swapping shortchanges that and disrespects those who have played the game by the rules. The idea of locking the GTQs makes sense.

Articulate Author Colony Colonel's Avatar
    Post Count
    with every guild doing it I call it 'keeping up' I see that your signature says 'top 200' with all other top 200 guilds doing this and you aren't you will soon be typing 'top 300' when GREE make it so that nobody can do it then if someone manipulates the game to do it that is called cheating.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Colony Colonel View Post
    with every guild doing it I call it 'keeping up'
    Exactly.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Well he is top 300, he said he was hoping for top 200.
    You are miffed that guilds do this, but if you don't you are only hurting your guild and no one else. Other guilds around you might not complete the raid boss event but getting closer to that end has some powerful units. My magic section has gone up incredibly because most of those units are all top end magic. Refusing to swap is not cheating because people are allowed to freely come and go. It isn't how Gree intended for the event to be played but aside from locking guilds what else can they do? I am not for locking guilds either because sometimes you need out of a guild or someone needs to be kicked. So keep things as they are

Post Count
    I think it's strategy. There's nothing wrong with guilds collaborating, especially with the boss event when strong players exchange guilds to help each other out. It's only fair to allow that.

The Obelisk sharing bug is another matter. That was exploiting a bug, and even though I wouldn't go as far as call it cheating, it's not "playing by the rules".

Banned
    Post Count
    I seen this as "expanding your network ". Not all guilds have the capability to finish certain events.
    Should they be penalized cause of this?
    Also, IMO the word "cheating" is being thrown to loosely. Just because u don't agree with a certain strategy, do not label it as cheating.
    Cheating becomes relevant if you hack the game or do things beyond other players reach.
    Like exploits that allow you more gems, gold , hero strength etc etx.
    Accordingly to the reports most of that has come to a stop.
    Swapping stronger players out has become a reaching out program.
    You get to know others in the community and people become happy.
    A lot of top guilds use sister guilds or (b guilds) In order to do this. Is that wrong? Absolutely not!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I see it as a strategy and community builder. Those guilds who may not have the strongest players or heavy gems spenders, but are using an outside chat app and in contact with members from other groups can easily network and ask for an assist. For those of us who have secondary guilds it allows members from the main show support for members of the secondary. If the quest rewards were being given multiple times, that would be an issue, but the way it is set up now with loot drops I find fair.

Knowing that others are jumping around you can choose to not assist as a strategy. You think it will give away intel and put you at a disadvantage next war. Aside from how quickly stats change from different rewards, how quick does your opponent gain intel and how many points are you really saving or gaining and what are the chances you cross paths during wartime?

Consistent Contributor Eddard KFF's Avatar
    Post Count
    It's not cheating and it's not unfair. Gemmers used a lot of gems in this event. I used a mountain, gemmed in my guild and gemmed to help others go as far as they could. It is a "social game" so players are only being social. We're helping each other, we're making new friends on chat apps like groupme and kakao, we're having loads of fun and Gree is still making money. Everybody wins except those who say "we don't need jumpers in this guild" with a grumpy voice and a frown face.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword

Join us:
    K.A. TAP 649189477 MIC 184578761
    C.C. DRA 255523694

Banned
    Post Count
    As long as people spend additional gems in the course of this activity, Gree will allow it, which means its not cheating.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Gree wants us spending money, plain and simple. They will allow us to get certain things that make us feel good about playing and then will throw out others to ensure we spend money. The end of that boss event was to ensure money was spent. You want that huge infantry bonus, you definitely spend to get it. If you aren't willing to spend, you have to do what you can then to get those best units possible

Banned
    Post Count
    If GREE made it possible for us to travel around with the obelisks (or anything else) to deposit in other guild's accounts, then it is not cheating. It is playing within the loopholes that are given. While it is available and possible to do, what is wrong with that? As mentioned many times in many threads, GREE is interested in profits and we are interested in playing a game. I say play the game with the rules that are given and have fun.

Post Count
    strategy, no discussion

there are no rules that its forbidden, so its definately not cheating.

no one is unraidable.

MoC Officer in Kingdom Age

MoC Officer in Dragon Realms

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Stop being a hater man. My guild did not finish but I'm not hating on the swapping guilds. People want to help their friends in the game even though they are in different guilds. To lock the guild for GLTQ would be stupid. Your guild would be locked 75% of the time? You have no idea which events came with GLTQ attached to it... What if you had 3 recruits in your queue and out of no where the event started? They get screwed and your guild loses out on those 3 members. Think before you ask for such ridiculous things. Then you will come back to the forums crying... "Gree please unlock my guild I have 3 members trapped outside. We had no idea on the exact time of the GLTQ. I don't think it's fair if we don't know the exact start time and if it had a guild portion attached to it"