Guild SWAPPING-Cheat or Strategy??? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guild SWAPPING-Cheat or Strategy???

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Gree made it clear in the announcement for the event that guilds would be open, not closed, for this raid boss. It was not something that they ignored or overlooked, they pointed it out. I need to emphasize that, Gree pointed out to the KA community that this was possible. It cannot be cheating if Gree told us about it in advance. It is not even a loophole. It was part of the game design. It was also an opportunity to work not just within, but between, guilds. It was the most fun I have had playing KA in a long time, and I am pleased to say I probably fought alongside a half dozen or more guilds, from top 25 to top 500, meeting lots of new players along the way. Awesome event. I mean it.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Colony Colonel View Post
    with every guild doing it I call it 'keeping up'.
    Isn't that the defence that Lance Armstrong tried to put forward?

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Yipster View Post
    Isn't that the defence that Lance Armstrong tried to put forward?
    what Lance did was specifically prohibited by his sports governing body. He additionally lied about and cover-uped his violations. Your analogy actually supports the argument that this activity is indeed legal, justified and a part of the game until our governing body(Gree) states otherwise. Don hold your breath on that, guild hoping to do quests = more gems spent. The obelisk type of guild hoping however actually decreases gem spending, so expect Gree to deal with that via code changes.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    We sent stronger players over to our sister guild to help them in the quest. They blew through a lot of gems I expect. That is exactly why Gree made it clear that guild rosters were not being locked during this event.

Consistent Contributor Capitalsfanatic's Avatar
    Post Count
    So if guilds are open for this event, then why locked for battle events? Something inconsistent there. Guild swapping just doesn't sit right, but that's just me. As for "keeping up" as a defense, that's an excuse for cheating and there are plenty of examples of that throughout history. I find that rationale disconcerting.
    American Veterans
    VET

83rd in The Cave
    85th in The Encampment
    78th in The Hollow
    56th in Undergrowth Temple Conquest (24-hour war)

U.S. Air Force-Retired

Invite Code: 805-196-353

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitalsfanatic View Post
    So if guilds are open for this event, then why locked for battle events? Something inconsistent there. Guild swapping just doesn't sit right, but that's just me. As for "keeping up" as a defense, that's an excuse for cheating and there are plenty of examples of that throughout history. I find that rationale disconcerting.
    I would imagine they are locked for the war event because of the matching algorithm. If not locked you could potentially have all members leave and then join once matched for an easier team. For the raid boss event you are facing the exact same challenge as everyone else and must figure out how far you can get with the team you have or outsource help to complete more if you are not strong enough.

Consistent Contributor Eddard KFF's Avatar
    Post Count
    Guilds should be open during war so you can get rid of freeloaders before they get the rewards. Now there, freeloading, is where really cheating is my friend. Letting the rest of the team do the job for you is the most vile way of cheating in this game.
    But yeah, they're not open because of what Bluedood said.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword

Join us:
    K.A. TAP 649189477 MIC 184578761
    C.C. DRA 255523694

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I think it's a game. Play it how you want, if you don't want to swap great, your call. If you do want to swap, you can, so great do it. Your call. It's a bit of fun, is n't it?

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronous View Post
    I understand the strategy behind what is happening with the swapping, but I've seen soo many complaints on here about making the game more challenging, and tougher events, etc... Gree puts out good events and the Strongest players and gemmers complete early and then complain it was too easy. The mid range players struggle and some complete the event. The newest, play and dream of being strong enough to get to the heroic mode.

Enter guild swapping and all that goes out the window. Do we think giving people strength that they havnt earned will keep them in the game longer? Why are all the Big Kingdoms spreading the wealth?

We have chosen against this method. We would like to see the GTQs locked, the same as war. No one came move until the event is over. If you can put a team together that is able to achieve the prize, you deserve the prize. If you aren't strong enough, you don't get the prize!!!!

I call swapping CHEATING!!!!
    Wasn't Guilds supposed to encourage co-operation between players to make the game more interesting? How is this different; nobody gets forced to jump a guild to help out friends.

It could be argued that the short-lived practice of players transitting through a stronger guild by invite to collect prizes their own had not earned was verging on cheating, but that avenue has been closed now.
    Last edited by sister morphine; 09-03-2013 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Correcting spellchecker (sigh)
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Consistent Contributor Jerusalem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitalsfanatic View Post
    Swapping shortchanges that and disrespects those who have played the game by the rules. The idea of locking the GTQs makes sense.
    Ask yourself what the rules are before prohibiting things with a broad brush.

You, Kronous, and others like you speak of merit. Well, swapping is a two way street, and by definition requires reciprocity. Those guilds who prevail from swapping actually work and coordinate together for a common purpose, trusting and relying on each other at the same time. It adds a new and wonderful dynamic to the game, and makes it more social oriented.

As for cheating, it says right there in the thread http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Event-in-bound! that guilds will not be locked, thereby allowing guilds to be resourceful and focus on strategy as opposed to solely on brawn.

I understand where your noble attitude comes from, but attempting to label something that doesn't align with your personal philosophy as cheating is a little overboard and short-sighted. I can't imagine that every guild should conform to the same strategy, like a one size fits all thing. Having fun is what you make it to be. Choices are good, choices make things interesting. Choices reflect freedom and infuse a sense of excitement in the things you do. I'm very sorry to read that you're against it.
    Last edited by Jerusalem; 09-03-2013 at 01:54 PM.
    Dragon Warriors | Fun in Black
    [

Post Count
    i see it as the movie Matrix.....the game is set up with certain rules and boundries with-in the base code.....you can manipulate that base code to get what you want but still stay in the rules of the base code.

If its built into the game its not cheating....IMO

KA: 630-568-270

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    "Waaaaaaaaaa, I want the unit toooooooooooo" is all I heard.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexius View Post
    "Waaaaaaaaaa, I want the unit toooooooooooo" is all I heard.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this was funny....LMAO

KA: 630-568-270

Verbose Veteran The_Legend_Shall_Live_On's Avatar
    Post Count
    I think Guild members bouncing from guild to guild to help out others is a side affect that Gree may or may not have thought about.

But as many have mentioned, it is building up a more social gaming experience for a lot of people than it is causing harm or adverse affects. To that end, it could be more of a gold mine for them as it could easily expand their user base.

To be honest, there is also risk in doing this, but this seems to be taken in stride by the guilds that continue to help each other out.

And it takes a lot of getting to know other people to make guild changing like this to be able to happen so often. Could restrictions apply, such as on the "box" events? Yes. And they already circumvented such an opening during the boss event LTE by making the total kill counts, versus cumulative. So more revenue for them. And more friends for us.

Good luck in the future though. I know it can be hard to find other guilds who want to help yours on this type of strategy.

Post Count
    I don't agree with 'guild swapping', but its not cheating either.

I see it as a strategy that works for those who want to use it.

For myself, I don't believe in it enough that I surrendered my founder position of a top25 guild and left a group of people I have loved playing this game with day in and day out for a very long time. I'm not that person that says one thing and stands by and watches while everyone does it and then say, well, they did it not me and reap the benefits.
    For me, it's always about the team first; build the team and develop as a team. Not the whole of kingdom age, but with your team.

This 'strategy' has cost me greatly in a game where I've met so many great people, but due to my belief, I've seemingly lost many of them. I wish this never arrived, but it has and we all must stand by what we believe, whatever side you fall on. I can't put all the blame on this 'new' tactic, but it's a large part of why I'm out of my guild and close to being out of KA all together.

I have very high respect for a lot of people in this forum and this game, and I don't view them any different based on their side of the fence they stand, but its becoming a very polarizing topic and should be addressed in each guild by the team.

As much as some want this game to be, it's not everyone against FUN. It's every guild against every guild. If you have a group (clan) that has multiple guilds and you swap ONLY between your own, I'd buy that, but to see people posting on walls with a guild swapping list full of names and guild Invite codes, no thanks: I pass.

My humble opinion.
    "Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys.
    Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"
    Sun Tzu The Art of War