Co-Leader Position - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Co-Leader Position

i agree, would be a brilliant idea. is there any way at the moment for the founder to give founder responsibilities to another guild member in said founders absence?? i ask because i am probably equivalent to 2nd/3rd in command and i have asked our founder on a number of occasions if they can pass this responsibility on to me when they know theyre gonna be absent for a while. prime example was we were 1million short of health regen bonus when founder went on holiday for a week, next event was a boss event and the rest of the guild just had to sit there and watch as we could afford to buy the bonus, but couldnt actually buy it, the extra 5% couldve made a difference to a few players. our founder has told me they cant do it, but i wouldve thought there was a way round this. frustrating as hell, when they are away for periods during wars and no one else can buy walls if we run out.
    kingdom age guild - badly packed kebabs - 415 912 193
    modern war faction - Rudedudes - 655 452 543

the founder is able to promote another to the spot and reliquish

Quote Originally Posted by danny fishcharge View Post
    i agree, would be a brilliant idea. is there any way at the moment for the founder to give founder responsibilities to another guild member in said founders absence?? i ask because i am probably equivalent to 2nd/3rd in command and i have asked our founder on a number of occasions if they can pass this responsibility on to me when they know theyre gonna be absent for a while. prime example was we were 1million short of health regen bonus when founder went on holiday for a week, next event was a boss event and the rest of the guild just had to sit there and watch as we could afford to buy the bonus, but couldnt actually buy it, the extra 5% couldve made a difference to a few players. our founder has told me they cant do it, but i wouldve thought there was a way round this. frustrating as hell, when they are away for periods during wars and no one else can buy walls if we run out.

Post Count
    Just for point of reference, 'Capo' or Caporegime, is like a Captain, so, an officer could theoretically be seen as a Capo... Now, what you may be looking for, in those terms, might be an 'underboss'.

Anyway,
    Regarding the starting wars and such, our guild never had that problem. We didn't need to designate someone to press it, I was in most battles, and freely told someone prior to each battle, go engage this guild in war. Everyone likes to do it and it helps make everyone feel a part of the whole. Idk, maybe this is an issue in other guilds, I've never seen it though.

I believe GREE should make at minimum, a co-founder position; worse case scenario, what if the founder well, stops playing for any number of RL situations, what happens? Who knows this person to say what happened or they're not coming back? When do you petition GREE and can they remove a founder?

I don't believe any one person should ever have absolute power.
    "Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys.
    Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"
    Sun Tzu The Art of War

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Excellent idea. Why hasn't this been done already?

Banned
    Post Count
    So far, no one has brought an argument against this idea. Everyone who commented has approved a co-founder position. Now, how to we get GREE to make that change? Do we just hope They are listening here and will think about it? Doe we have another avenue to petition for the addition?

thanks kronous. i will ask again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronous View Post
    the founder is able to promote another to the spot and reliquish
    kingdom age guild - badly packed kebabs - 415 912 193
    modern war faction - Rudedudes - 655 452 543

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Lets launch a boycott

Banned
    Post Count
    Has anyone had an experience during the Besieging of Buried City that would have been made easier with a co-leader?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I think this is instrumental for the guild. My guild has been bouncing the founder role around to ensure someone is on to organize the guilds efforts.
    Walking Dreads: 513 101 799
    Miranda: 855-894-318

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Kingdom Age is a side thing for Gree, a more minor game for them... they can stop whenever they want.

Post Count
    I like it. A co-founder would be excellent. I could have gotten a LOT more sleep all these months had that been available.
    Great suggestion, Vachau!
    Baela, Baela II, Baela-K-, BaelaVier GK, BaelaV

The Raiding Barbarians (TRB) & Raiding Barbarian Nation (RBN)

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    in the interim developing a good sharing plan with your founder is your work around.

Post Count
    This would be very handy for those times that phones/pads don't work, there are connection issues or the founder has an unexpected RL issue.

If it were like an officer position, then the assignment would be optional. It would be even neater if the founder could set what the Co-founder permissions are: buying bonuses, kicking players, assigning GG or promoting officers. I think with guild jumping, the reassignment of officers and GG would be very helpful to delegate.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by LegoLass View Post
    I think with guild jumping, the reassignment of officers and GG would be very helpful to delegate.
    Not that they mentioned anything about it, but I'm sure GREE is against the guild jumping.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I support the co-founder position too. I read from another thread that some guild was taken over by some group of players because they were doing this founder rotation thingy. Maybe if there is a co-founder it can eliminate the stealing of guilds and/or gives the founder some sleep time or away time from the game......