Kakao group chat question

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kakao group chat question

Post Count

Kakao group chat question

Is there a way to kick players out of your kakao group chat? When our syndicate has to remove players who are not participating enough, we also need to remove them from our kakao chat group discussions. Is there a way to do this without starting a whole new group chat?

Lurker
    Post Count
    You might find an answer here Dom
    http://www.kakao.com/talk/en/faq.

Banned
    Post Count
    There is No say. You have to start a new room.

Post Count
    thanks for the replys guys. yea, i already read through that faq and couldn't find anything. google searches haven't come up with anything either. we emailed kakao and now we're waiting for a response from them. but all signs point to just starting a new chat. lame.

Banned
    Post Count

Lightbulb

Kakao is a rather outlandish app!

Lurker
    Post Count
    Hi guys,

This is not a Kakao-specific post, but since I can't create a new thread I guess I have to ask in the thread that comes closest to being related.

I have been trying to move my team out of Palringo for a long time, but there is resistance to switching to another app. There are members who are unwilling to use any app that requires registration via their phone number or Facebook. We also need the chatroom to be able to house at least 55 members.

Anyone can recommend another chat app that fits the above requirements?

Consistent Contributor reesebutton's Avatar
    Post Count
    with that kind of resistance, your choices are limited.

If you really wanna keep those members, stick with palringo. Just pay for a premium room so you can have more admin control.

But I have to say.... palringo is rungs below the other apps.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by reesebutton View Post
    with that kind of resistance, your choices are limited.

If you really wanna keep those members, stick with palringo. Just pay for a premium room so you can have more admin control.

But I have to say.... palringo is rungs below the other apps.
    I know right. Yet, it is our strongest and also the longest-serving and most loyal members who are unwilling to make the change. I guess we're stuck with Palringo if there aren't any other chat apps that meet the requirements.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    We changed from Kakao to Groupme for this reason. On Groupme you can boot a member from a room, but he can return back in if he wants to. So Im also looking for an app that has it all, but havent found one yet.

The best option for smaler syndicates would be Whatsapp. You can add up to 50 members in one room, share pictures and boot members if you need to. But the thing with Whatsapp is it only runs on phones (not on tabs) and you need to sign up with your phone number.

- Vittoria per gli assassini -
    158 305 951

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    LINE

This chat app is far beyond better than the others you mentioned. Ive used Groupme, Whatsapp, Kik and a few more and for big chat groups LINE is the best one. You can keep it private so nobody can find you publicly as well as kick, invite, and create chat rooms. I believe you just need your phone number to verify and create the account but can keep it on private even from your phone book contacts. Once that is setup people find you by a user ID so you dont have to give out your personal phone number or email.

Good Luck.
    KiK/LINE: Shadypal

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Greazy Fingers View Post
    . On Groupme you can boot a member from a room, but he can return back in if he wants to. So Im also looking for an app that has it all, but havent found one yet.
    Sorry forgot to address this one. People can only join via invite. However anyone can invite and remove which is the only downside when drama starts but I have rarely seen anyone destroy a chat room.
    KiK/LINE: Shadypal

Consistent Contributor SNEAKERJUNKY's Avatar
    Post Count
    ask Goody23. He is the King of NEW rooms.

Banned
    Post Count
    would be good to be ablet kick from chat

Post Count
    just use groupme.
    <3 it

Consistent Contributor SNEAKERJUNKY's Avatar
    Post Count
    Oh, and No, it's not possible,