Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

1st Guild War over, post suggestions for upcoming wars here!

As the first guild war comes to an end, there are a lot of things that I know people would like to see changed. Feel free to post CONSTRUCTIVE thoughts here and please no flaming. Also leave out the obvious problems like the crashes, gree are already aware of that. Ill go first:

1. Make guardians useful, right now they really only dodge 1-2 bullets against a higher level guild, and also rewards them with valuable fusion boost armors. In there current state they are not worth the gold needed to buy them.

2. Change up the rewards a bit throughout each rank, 50 guilds received combustion armor this time around, and although I have no problem with guilds getting a good armor, there needs to be some type of variety.

3. Add fusion stones or boost armors to the higher ranks, these don't come into the rewards until way down the ladder but are valued by all players, especially people that are trying to level epic armors. They are given for top ranks in arena, why not here?

4. Either remove the 2 DPC keys or give more of them because honestly, dpc keys aren't worth much anymore and there are far better items that could replace them(fusion boost armors for example).

Those are some I can think of off the top of my head, feel free to comment on mine or add your own but please, let's keep it constructive as this can be a thread gree can look at in the future.

Cheers mates!
    IGN - Centurion Dex

Level - 100+

Code - XBC-PYB-HDD

Guild - Centurions, where level 100 is just the beginning.

Please pm before sending requests! Thanks!

Allow surplus war energy via gems, instead of filling to the max.
    Pitch Black, of the Children of the Sun Alliance
    Guild Level: 60+
    Fire=8%, Air=8%, Spirit=8%, Earth=8%, Water=8%
    Actively recruiting, Message me to join the CotS Alliance!

My friend list is always full; msg me before sending a request!
    Friend Code: XBD BXV GYV

The reward are something that seem ok in this event. I simply want a recovery week between each war to do other things, and grow my guild

Oh wow I thought Gree would at least make an extension date on the war.

Hi,

Thanks for starting this post, besides the crashing etc. we'd really love to get your feedback on this.

How about they get it to work first! Added suggestions will only screw up the game even more.

As for an extension Zero, they should have never started it, or at least stopped it an hour after starting it when the problem tickets started pouring in. What a complete cluster f**k. It still wasn't fixed when it ended.
    Jello of Jokerz, Guild Champion
    Level 165+, Code: XBC-WNV-ZFR

Big 4, Bigger 4, Sky Guardian, Sky Guardian+, Eurus+, Phyrus+, Slimebane+ Maxed
    Notus+ (53), BKal+ (38), Assasin's Shroud+ (34), Boreas+ (29)

Current Boss Armor: Sky Guardian+ 70

Click for Data Sheet

I would definitely create more of a gap between the rewards. With this war, the reward difference between finishing 2nd and 10th is minimal (mainly DPC keys and gems).

Also I would offer rewards to members for guild activity. Some members were highly active in helping their guild win wars while others were along for the ride and those got the same rewards. The most active players should be reward based off of points earned.

Congrats Gree on the first Guild War. Like Dexavus said there is no need to mention the things that are obviously broken/buggy.
    Things i think could make it better are:

1. Some kind of indicator of the strength of your opponent. I understand in the Arena a mystery is great because its 1 on 1 however in a guild war i imagine a horde of people standing infront of each other about to charge (Braveheart style). If it was me in a battle i would direct my weaker troops to hit the other weaker ones. Also because War energy is so limited wasting 25% of it just to find out that your way underpowered is a bit of a hefty price to pay.

2. The ability for a Guild Master to flag a player as "inactive" during the war. Once flagged the player must log in and battle with in 24/48 hours (time to be tried and tested). If the flag has not been removed then the Guild Master can boot them from the guild or stop them from getting rewards. This idea is to stop the rewards going to the freeriders.

3. A "repeat battle" or "rematch button" after a win or lose to speed up the next battle if you want to farm the same player. (This type of button would be usefull in the armory as well.)
    Last edited by Cind3r; 08-19-2013 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cind3r View Post
    2. The ability for a Guild Master to flag a player as "inactive" during the war. Once flagged the player must log in and battle with in 24/48 hours (time to be tried and tested). If the flag has not been removed then the Guild Master can boot them from the guild or stop them from getting rewards. This idea is to stop the rewards going to the freeriders.
    I really like this idea. However, it only requires people to log in, say 3 times during the whole war to battle. This doesn't exactly prevent freeriders from getting rewards, which I think would be great if properly implemented. How about, if a player is a certain (large) number of standard deviations away from the average points earned by the guild, the guild master gets to choose whether to assign them rewards or not? I assume here that the crash bugs will be fixed and everyone will be able to fight at equal capacity in the next war
    New Armors Data Sheet
    Add new armors via this form

Quote Originally Posted by The Wise One View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for starting this post, besides the crashing etc. we'd really love to get your feedback on this.
    You're most welcome, glad you took notice to the thread as well. Hopefully we can get some more people to chime in and give ideas, wouldn't want the thread to die too fast lol
    IGN - Centurion Dex

Level - 100+

Code - XBC-PYB-HDD

Guild - Centurions, where level 100 is just the beginning.

Please pm before sending requests! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Varza View Post
    I really like this idea. However, it only requires people to log in, say 3 times during the whole war to battle. This doesn't exactly prevent freeriders from getting rewards, which I think would be great if properly implemented. How about, if a player is a certain (large) number of standard deviations away from the average points earned by the guild, the guild master gets to choose whether to assign them rewards or not? I assume here that the crash bugs will be fixed and everyone will be able to fight at equal capacity in the next war
    I do believe this is where Eun had mentioned giving the GM's the ability to distribute the loot. And people scoffed at the idea at the time.

Also, I agree with this, to an extent. There should be a "master loot" style option, or at least a hybrid between Individual rankings, for those that poured tons of $$ into it and were consistently battling every war, and the Guild rewards (to reward the full guild. Clearly there were people even within our own guild who did more "work" for the guild, yet even those who couldn't battle once got the same rewards. Fair? Somewhat. I would like to think we're also very helpful with each other and worked together as a team regardless of who or how many were on for any given battle. (RR fist bump)

You could even go another step, where you have tiers of rewards. The #1 guild rewards flow to all the winners, but only if you won X amount of battles, or participated in Y amount, etc. If not, you receive say, the #2 guild rewards, and so on. This way, you reward your highest players with the most elite level prizes, but those who still participated get high quality but less, but as a guild you still receive some of the top prizes. You never know the reason why someone may or may not have participated . Maybe they lost service and couldn't play, phone broke, etc. Would you want one of your guild mates to not get any prizes even if they've been a great member before the war? I would hope not.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

Good thread.

Rewards:
    1. As others mentioned, DPC's are becoming less and less useful; perhaps use legendary keys instead?
    2. Gems aren't all that useful. Most of the top guilds spent 1000's of them during a war, thus getting 60 back doesn't really do much. Perhaps offer fusion stones and fusion boosts as rewards (items which cant be purchased).
    3. More differentiation would be nice. if you aren't 1, you might as well be 10; the rewards during this war weren't all that different for the guilds in between.

Interface:
    1. I liked the background used during the war although it wasn't all that related to the war (should have taken place in the sky?).
    2. Not sure if this was part of the bug issues but even towards the end of the war I still had issues scrolling through opponents members (bottom of the list was blacked out).
    3. Charge users gems for changing names. It was often frustrating having users change their names during wars to the same name or changing their name to something different in the middle of the war. Some might call this tactical strategy, but if everyone does it, it just makes the wars more annoying than anything else.
    4. I'm not sure if this was by design, but it seemed that while high level players received low points for defeating low level players; low level players did not necessarily receive high points for defeating high level players (i.e. super noobs in all other gree games).
    5. Guardians are fairly expensive to level; perhaps they should be more difficult to take down the higher the level they are?

All in all, I really enjoyed these wars more than the wars in CC, MW and KA. They seem more tactical since sentinels receive a 50% boost and they cannot simply be taken down with 2 power attacks. The battle frenzy is a nice addition; perhaps provide a slightly higher timer (2-3 mins seemed a little short given it takes awhile to log in and actually battle). Would it be possible to view everyone's ranking within your guild during a war along with the remaining time for the event (this was only visible when your guild was not in a war)? Also perhaps this list can be sortable by total points?

Quote Originally Posted by busteroaf View Post
    You never know the reason why someone may or may not have participated . Maybe they lost service and couldn't play, phone broke, etc. Would you want one of your guild mates to not get any prizes even if they've been a great member before the war? I would hope not.
    Very well put, and your absolutly right, i would hate to missout because i couldnt log on. A balance would need to be achieved. However you only rank in the war if you earn the points so even if your good friend has a problem with service or phone then they didnt add to your rank/victory. On the other side it would suck to be denied a prize and see it go to someone who didnt help (be it their fault or not) just because they are normaly a good player.

1) guardian are not only expensive and useless but actually help the enemies dropping boost. The overall idea of guardians should be rethink
    2) guild awards are less worth than the boost you can find fighting guardians, unless you are in the top 100
    3) to get more boost is better to play alone or with a couple of clones or low level friends, otherwise is a fight between members of the guild on who will defeat the guardian and get the boost
    4) the bonus for the guild master is the only thing worth, with guild and champion. Probably is unfair that this bonus extend to the Arena. People will tend to create micro-guilds just to get this 20% and use it elsewhere
    5) purchasing boosts from guild is even better if you are alone or at least with couple of people, if you have full upgraded 12 TF you can use very well your money creating your own guild
    6) with the money you get the bonuses like +5% and so on increasing just the elements you want, maybe 2-3 of them. Since you don't need at all an high level for it but you just need gold it is really useless to have a high level guild
    7) the distribution of the awards is unfair since it gives the same to who played and to who just ignored the battle. Awards should be given on the basis of activity during the war

in few words and not even mentioning the crash problems here we have a clear picture.
    Guardians are useless (or even good for enemies), no need for big guild if you go for boost armors and bonuses, so no need for high level guild unless you want to get one of the first 100 positions, but you need to have all active and coordinated, so its a big effort that with crashes could be vain. The awards are given equal and this is unfair (it's a bit of communists actually and doesn't reflect the effort given by individuals)

the way has been designed this guild war is definitively wrong and makes better to create everyone of us his own guild and spend money on boost

I like the wars a lot. Although I wish not 'everyone' had the ability to declare war. It f'd my guild up a few times when people not knowing what they were doing would declare war. Also when are these wars held? Weekly? Monthly? Or random?
    Gordo
    Cafe Noir HC