Are you sick of LTQ? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you sick of LTQ?

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew's Crew View Post
    I'm not asking anyone to spend gold. If they are done and have full energy sitting around, then we would ask that. Absoluly no gold wanted.
    We've had a few friends from other syndicates help us out that way. They wait until their energy can finish the level, they get that prize then they are off.
    I find this difficult to fathom or believe. You can receive each prize only once. Why on earth are these people leaving their own syndicates to get the prize with you? Why aren't they working for their own syndicate prizes which would help that team much more than 1 person having 1 prize? If any of our members tried this low selfish trick, they'd find the door firmly locked when they tried to come back.
    Last edited by VikesUK; 09-01-2013 at 11:26 AM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesUK View Post
    I find this difficult to fathom or believe. You can receive each prize only once. Why on earth are these people leaving their own syndicates to get the prize with you? Why aren't they working for their own syndicate prizes which would help that team much more than 1 person having 1 prize? Any any of our members did this low trick, they'd find the door firmly locked when they tried to come back.
    You can only receive the final prize once. You can receive the level prizes again.

Plus, their syndicate has already finished the SLTQ.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bald zeemer View Post
    Really? On the back of an absolute beast of an event you make a thread like this?

What sort of event, exactly, are you after?
    "Log onto CC and receive a 1m/1m weapon in each category"?
    I didnt notice the a/d on that gun till I saw ur signature nice

Banned
    Post Count
    Yea I despise regular ltq but only because the items are not worth the xp gain in most cases. If they didnt make levels 2000+ energy with a prize a 200 xp id like ltq. Sltq is a totally different story u prob should have posted this last week

Post Count
    I'm actually quite nervous about this, as i pretty much idolize you, but I must disagree with you.

We don't use gold and have made it up to 16/20. We are not "begging" but we are looking for help.

With the enormous expenditure of energy needed, many are looking for help. Yes, some can be very annoying about it, but I do not believe that a syndicate can finish this SLTQ without gold and without help from some friendly folks.
    Thank you for the compliment. I don't blame anyone for looking for help, I was moreso complaining about the number of topics that have popped up on the main board looking for help-- if they were in the syndicate recruitment forum, that would be a different story entirely. But you are right, I think even with perfect planning and a full syndicate of active players, it would be impossible to do without gold. I had been telling my syndicate for weeks to prehit all of the map bosses in case of an event like this-- and I was even recommending our lower level players start from the first boss and work their way up, and the higher level players start at the top and work their way down to sort of meet in the middle (I was thinking around the upper end of maps they use for normal LTQs-- I personally prehit all the bosses up to Chinatown). But even if everyone had everything prehit (they didn't, of course ), you would blast through the first 15-17 levels, and then be stuck trawling through the last few (e.g. you'd still need to kill the last boss ~140 times, and although that's much more manageable for a full syndicate, I imagine it still can't be done free). I still don't understand the purpose of the item goals-- e.g. kill boss 100 times, earn 200 items (which requires killing the boss ~200 times to do), but it is my understanding players who already have the loot items (e.g. because their syndicate already completed that level), can join a new syndicate and have their items count to the new syndicate's goal. I would be more amenable to people asking for that instead (so that they only have to kill e.g. Seaside's Don Genova 100 times instead of 200). I do't like the idea of this being so easy to circumvent, but I would think it is more fair considering it gives an inherent advantage to syndicates like SAS1/SAS2/SAS3/SAS4/... or RG1/RG2/... etc (or even DFA1/DFA2, cough cough) who can drop their heavy hitters down into their weaker syndicates. Also, to be clear, I'm not complaining about syndicates like SAS1 dropping players down to help kill bosses, I just don't like that GREE designed the event such that it would require such lower syndicates to have to kill less bosses to complete the goal because of the stupid loot item goal.

That was a bit of a tangent, but my point was to say that I agree it can't be done without gold, and even with all the preparation in the world and tons of players rotating in and out of your syndicate, it would still require someone to spend gold, and hence perhaps I'm interpreting people asking for help as people asking for gold, whether that's fair or unfair on my part to assume.

You can only receive the final prize once. You can receive the level prizes again.

Plus, their syndicate has already finished the SLTQ.
    Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you mean by "final prize" and "level prize," but I can personally verify that the items you get when your syndicate completes the goal (e.g. Junkyard Mask, 2000/5000), can only be received once. The loot items that drop each time you kill a boss, e.g. "Butcher's Cleaver" (72/56), can be received as many times as you kill the boss.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MrM View Post
    Why would you expect people to use their gold to do nothing else than help you guys out when you aren't willing to spend gold yourselves? It doesn't make sense, I can't imagine anyone has gotten favorable response to one of these requests. To help friends out, sure, but not some random syndicate begging for a handout.
    Bascially the same as starting a topic asking for gift cards because you really want to complete a LTQ but don't want to spend your own gold on it...
    You're looking at this wrong. if you're a syndicate and you know with your current resources you'll not make it to the prize you're after, why wouldn't you attempt to hire a merc who's willing to come in and get that prize with you? what exactly would you have to lose in that scenario? its a case of everybody wins.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack The Knife View Post
    You're looking at this wrong. if you're a syndicate and you know with your current resources you'll not make it to the prize you're after, why wouldn't you attempt to hire a merc who's willing to come in and get that prize with you? what exactly would you have to lose in that scenario? its a case of everybody wins.
    How exactly are you "hiring" this "merc"? I would gladly help out a syndicate I didn't know if I was being compensated for it. But I don't really see what the "merc" gets, other than additional loot items, which are hardly a deal at ~2k energy a pop (and which would be better spent on prehits for future LTQs).

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    How exactly are you "hiring" this "merc"? I would gladly help out a syndicate I didn't know if I was being compensated for it. But I don't really see what the "merc" gets, other than additional loot items, which are hardly a deal at ~2k energy a pop (and which would be better spent on prehits for future LTQs).
    Well to clarify Im citing the example of myself a day or two ago. I belonged to a syndicate I started for bonuses. I didn't battle and there were only three active members. realizing very early on (level 9 to be exact) that it would be impossible to get the final prize on my own, I decided to offer my energy and gold to a syndicate in need or want of a push. limited time contract. eventually I found a syndicate willing to take me up on my offer. worked out well for all. met a great bunch of people.

So you can see its a specialized case for free agents who are willing to lend some time and energy (read: gold) in exchange for a prize not otherwise obtainable to them.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack The Knife View Post
    Well to clarify Im citing the example of myself a day or two ago. I belonged to a syndicate I started for bonuses. I didn't battle and there were only three active members. realizing very early on (level 9 to be exact) that it would be impossible to get the final prize on my own, I decided to offer my energy and gold to a syndicate in need or want of a push. limited time contract. eventually I found a syndicate willing to take me up on my offer. worked out well for all. met a great bunch of people.

So you can see its a specialized case for free agents who are willing to lend some time and energy (read: gold) in exchange for a prize not otherwise obtainable to them.
    That's hardly the same thing as asking a heavy hitter who is already done with the sLTQ to join you to help you finish. That's you simply joining a better syndicate.

Banned
    Post Count
    Agreed. But this particular thread wasn't concerned with the (already finished the event) scenario. And its a bit different than simply joining a better syndicate if the intention is expressly a short stay ie no committment to battles or other syndicate events. In that respect I think it's fair to consider the person being brought on as 'for hire' since they're there to do a specific task for a specific reward without regard to any other aspects of the syndicates overall goals.