PVP versus SLTQ consensus. which is better... what could be better about both

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: PVP versus SLTQ consensus. which is better... what could be better about both

Post Count

PVP versus SLTQ consensus. which is better... what could be better about both

With all the complaints gree has stumbled upon something good here. Lets get some talk about what we like and dont like about pvps & the new sltqs. Here is where you can weigh in your thoughts and opinions and maybe gree can continue to improve an awesome addictive game also kmow as CC
    I am a Silent Assassin
    2 million attack n climbing
    What we do in this life echoes thru eternity! My name is Gladiator

Post Count
    Personally I don't like the PvP tournaments because they're too time consuming.

These new syndicate LTQs are great, an event where teamwork really pays off.

Kudos Gree, keep the syndicate LTQs coming
    CC History

Financial District Fallout >FC's unbeaten reign came to an end in a fair fight against SAS on 18/11/13.

We Be Clubbin' District >Fight Club won its 14th district in a row and retired as the greatest syndicate in CC.

Nightlife District Knockout >Lights Out took 1st place from SAS by a mere 47,644 points.

Bay Harbor Beach Brawl >1st. TAW - 128m, 2nd. SAS - 122m, 3rd. SC - 40m

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The Billionaire View Post

Or gold lol.
    Hey look a banana.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The Billionaire View Post

Right, also, once you're done, you're done. Pvps are nonstop playing all weekend. This format is far less exhausting

Post Count
    I agree, PvPs are far too time-consuming, and far too much time and XP for far too little reward (unless you're already L250). I thought the first one was fun, the one the following weekend was meh, and it's been downhill from there. I've been burned out on them since then, and I only participate out of obligation to my syndicate.

I did enjoy the first syndicate LTQ, but GREE always makes new events seem particularly attractive to get you hooked on them. First LTQ (Hitman's Ride) was pretty fun too. Now LTQs are little more than an elaborate way to purchase gold items.

Only thing I didn't like about the current syndicate LTQ was that my syndicate mates are monsters. I set an alarm for 5 minutes before the event was to start, and by the time I rolled out of bed, they were already on 8/20. I guess I get to keep my prehits for that level, so no real complaints. Just hoping these don't also go the way of the normal LTQs.

Actually, I do have a few complaints: the list that shows who completed the job is really buggy. Seems that it reuses the names of the first 3-4 players who complete that job for the rest of the syndicate. The other complaint is that they each had two goals, the second of which (collect 2x items) is redundant and easily circumvented and hence subject to exploitation via players who switch syndicates.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Sltq definitely better, team events always allow the newer members to bond with my older veterans and create an active chat environment we all enjoy

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    I agree with pretty much the consensus here.

I love PvP, but the current format is incredibly time consuming. I don't think it's necessarily broken, but it is not a format that should be used 2 weeks out of 3. Once every month or two would be nice. The prizes for the effort are a bit weak, but by having it less often the pride factor and novelty factor would still make them worthwhile. I'm loathe to support improving prizes in our already hyperinflationary stat economy.

I really enjoy the new format. I guess we'll have to wait and see how far along an average syndicate gets, or how long they take to complete it. Hopefully this was a bit of a demo run, with incredibly nice prizes and a relatively easy to complete format to ensure it wasn't discounted out of hand. Bring the prizes back down to earth a bit, and put in a few more complexities (ie, different sorts of jobs alongside 'beat boss x y times') and it's a very solid addition to the roster.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885