Admins - is getting stats from the "player database" cheating or not? - Page 18

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Admins - is getting stats from the "player database" cheating or not?

Post Count
    BUSTED!!!!

So please people, no more "It doesn't exist" "It has been deleted", etc, etc.

hahahaha. Montecore your suspections turned out to be 100% justified.
    Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    Buy more gold

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    no need for drama unless it is top 10 drama
    Proud owner of the Civic Center Riot Vehicle (5405/6000 +2 Respect from fights!, from leaderboard event, top25)

Consistent Contributor Mistress Nikita's Avatar
    Post Count
    montebore was a registered user up until recently! Keep up!

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Nikita View Post
    What about the one that FC and HTC uses?
    I've been told that some of the other tools have parsed more information. mxz can tell you when you last purchased gold, for example. To my knowledge, they're not very good for gaining an advantage in gameplay and I don't know of any instances where they've been used in such a manner. The main use has always been to find hackers. The problem was that after looking at all the data, we quickly realized that many more players than we ever thought cheated and all top syndicates owed their bonuses to hackers with boosted IPH and cash accounts. There was no way to avoid these problems and syndicates who even marginally succeeded were at a significant disadvantage against those who just didn't care who they brought on, so the use of these tools fell out of favor. Besides, if GREE was going to ignore all the reports that were submitted and were actively reinstating cheats we'd caught, there wasn't much point in it. Most people I met who cheated did it not out if malice but out of game addiction. Many had even tried to get their accounts cleaned by GREE but were left with compromised accounts and no alternative but to continue. I can't really fault them for taking advantage of weaknesses. Whether colluding on PvP, intel, spying, syndicate hopping, robberies, event details, loot drops, or calculations, most players need to exploit weaknesses to compete at the top level of this game.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TMI View Post
    Oh ya, nobody uses it. it's old.

Check out the top left of balthazer's profile. It says updated Sept 6th, 2013 at 9:45 AM!!!! HAHAHAHAHA.

Ya right, not in use anymore. We don't know if it still exists, hahahaha
    Yeah saw that right away. Sarcasm on my part.

Banned
    Post Count
    montebore was a registered user up until recently! Keep up!
    Yes, you are correct about that. I deleted his account when I deleted everyone else's. My guess is he forgot his password and didn't realize that he could have reset it to a new one because it'd been a while since he last logged in.

Banned
    Post Count
    killshot just blocked me or deleted his account from groupme. I guess there were screenshots he wouldn't want me to share, not that I would without his permission, and we all know just how selective he likes to be with the screenshots he puts out there.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Killshot-CC View Post
    Yes, you are correct about that. I deleted his account when I deleted everyone else's. My guess is he forgot his password and didn't realize that he could have reset it to a new one because it'd been a while since he last logged in.
    I never had an account or a password on the database, unless you're talking about the old SAS wordpress site. I don't think accounts/passwords were even setup until after the DB creator jumped ship to rogues.

Post Count
    Killshot, it sounds like you really hurt montebore's feelings when you didn't include him in Rogues Gallery. Even though you left Rogues Gallery, they still have to deal with the psycho-exgirlfriend stalker that he's become. Can't you guys just hug it out?

Banned
    Post Count
    Killshot, it sounds like you really hurt montebore's feelings when you didn't include him in Rogues Gallery. Even though you left Rogues Gallery, they still have to deal with the psycho-exgirlfriend stalker that he's become. Can't you guys just hug it out?
    I stopped caring about Rogues after Civic Center.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by montecore View Post
    That is a great catch, TMI. And it shows what I long suspected. The database was never shutdown, or no longer in use, or anything. They just moved it somewhere new and stopped updating the old one.

Hilarious.
    Nobody said it doesn't exist anymore. The guy who runs the database is no longer in Rogues but has never shut down the database and is free to do as he pleases. It's still in the same spot it was before and Killshot activated it from the same old spot it's always been. There are likely hundreds of players who use "data sniffers", you're just seeing one iteration of it here.
    Last edited by MattThomas08; 09-06-2013 at 02:29 PM.
    I've gone super Rogue.

Updated Hood Planner (w/ Bloody Barber Shop)

MT's Camping Guide

Post Count
    I never had an account or a password on the database, unless you're talking about the old SAS wordpress site. I don't think accounts/passwords were even setup until after the DB creator jumped ship to rogues.
    Now that is not true, and we both know it. You see, since I've started asking a lot of questions about this "database" people have been quite forthcoming in telling me a few things, such the "database" was created in SAS and all the officers of SAS had registered accounts, including you, Vlad and Call 911. I know this situation is a little Icy, and some of the admins of the database may get into some of the Metrics of it... so I find it disingenuous at best for you to claim you've never used it.

Banned
    Post Count
    The one good thing that came with your failed attempt to destroy SAS is we now know who we can trust.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. How do you think I know as much as I do? I have never been out of touch, right from the day I left when you voted to publicly support a second gold boycott but then to still privately buy gold so you wouldn't be "left out" if GREE imposed another 24-hour sale. It was because of the new SAS members' and FC's lack of support for another movement that we didn't pursue it again.

I know how these convos go with you and I'm already guilty of arguing with a fool, so I'll leave you to blather on and miss the obvious fact that when you jumped into the chat, the only person I had denounced was Blatherzar. I made my goodbyes to Vlad earlier. This will serve as my goodbye to you, too, Scarecrow.

Banned
    Post Count
    Now that is not true, and we both know it. You see, since I've started asking a lot of questions about this "database" people have been quite forthcoming in telling me a few things, such the "database" was created in SAS and all the officers of SAS had registered accounts, including you, Vlad and Call 911. I know this situation is a little Icy, and some of the admins of the database may get into some of the Metrics of it... so I find it disingenuous at best for you to claim you've never used it.
    I wasn't an officer in SAS at the time. I had access to an early version of the database before there was a need for logins and passwords. I do recall that MT opened up access to the members of his anti-cheating chatroom, including 911, but I never had an account.

And if I had one, I would have no problem admitting it.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Killshot-CC View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. How do you think I know as much as I do? I have never been out of touch, right from the day I left when you voted to publicly support a second gold boycott but then to still privately buy gold so you wouldn't be "left out" if GREE imposed another 24-hour sale. It was because of the new SAS members' and FC's lack of support for another movement that we didn't pursue it again.

I know how these convos go with you and I'm already guilty of arguing with a fool, so I'll leave you to blather on and miss the obvious fact that when you jumped into the chat, the only person I had denounced was Blatherzar. I made my goodbyes to Vlad earlier. This will serve as my goodbye to you, too, Scarecrow.
    I said goodbye to you a long time ago. I know you don't like having difficult conversations. You're more apt to close the chatroom, hang up the phone, or storm off in a huff and claim the conversation is beneath you. But the people in this forum know the truth, whether they love me or hate me: I would completely destroy you in any kind of public or open debate, because you don't have a leg to stand on, and for all your blather you are remarkably dull witted.

Post Count
    See, this is exactly the problem I have with you. You've told TMI and Drake that there's this evil database that allows everyone else to cheat, yet SAS created it and still used it until Killshot deleted you all.