Experiencing repeated crashing after updating to 2.0? Read here for the fix!

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Experiencing repeated crashing after updating to 2.0? Read here for the fix!

Player Experience
    Post Count

Experiencing repeated crashing after updating to 2.0? Read here for the fix!

Hey everyone,

In the latest update, we changed around some coding which caused some incompatibility with phones running older iOS versions. Going forward, players should be on at least iOS 5.0 to prevent these crash issues.

If you are on an older iOS version, you can update your phone by syncing it to iTunes and clicking the upgrade button.

If you are still experiencing repeated crashing while running iOS 5.0+, please let us know either on this post or in a ticket and we'll look into it.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Oh I have 5.1.1 I think? Looking under SETTINGS-->version?
    -J

Lurker
    Post Count
    If upgrading iOS is the only solution, then I am seriously thinking of quitting KA for good. Old device can't keep up with latest iOS, and I do not want to risk losing any of my data in iPad just for a game.

GREE, please change requirements to iOS5 or later instead of iOS 4.3 or later in upgrade details and highlight it somewhere obvious.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Using 5.1.1 on iPad one. Crashes already endemic but after update, can add: ,raiding, viewing profiles, checking rankings, read comments, toggle system messages, viewing own stats! And, of course, sending a ticket

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by YYnQQ View Post
    If upgrading iOS is the only solution, then I am seriously thinking of quitting KA for good. Old device can't keep up with latest iOS, and I do not want to risk losing any of my data in iPad just for a game.

GREE, please change requirements to iOS5 or later instead of iOS 4.3 or later in upgrade details and highlight it somewhere obvious.
    ... do you even know what you're asking now?

"hey Gree just rewrite everything you just released, thanks you're great!"

no one is unraidable.

MoC Officer in Kingdom Age

MoC Officer in Dragon Realms

im iOS 6.1.3 and crashing 3-4 times a day since update
    Kronous
    396-723-471

Consistent Contributor MidnightExpress's Avatar
    Post Count
    iOS 5.1.1 and crashes after in KA for 10 minutes or so... When Raiding I get 1 hit in and it crashes.. This is horrible!!!

Lurker
    Post Count

IOS 6.1.3 and still problems...

I'm running the game on my iPad 2 with IOS 6.1.3, and yes there's a fault with the latest KA upgrade.

On a number of maps I've visited the game just freezes.

Good times!
    Costerroller
    (AKA Tarzan)

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Running iOS 7 and no crashes on an iPad 3. With the older version I could not raid...that has been corrected though the raid profile takes a while to load then returns "testuser123” instead of actual player name until I scroll down then back up.

Overall seems to work good with iOS 7.

Lurker
    Post Count

Unhappy

iOS 5.1.1 , Ipad gen 1. got the latest iOS for this model. It still crashes everytime I load the game.. Been nearly a year, never had so many problems. I dont post much on the forums( lolz) but just figured why not.. Hopefully, Gree will figure this out.

Account Issue

I have iOS version 6.1.4 and I have been locked out of the game for 6+ hours already. As a KA addict, I am going through withdrawals and am very concerned about missing any of the Raid Boss Event. I was booted from my guild at the same time, and the founder and other members asked me why I left the guild-not my choice! Please help restore my game before the raid boss event goes live.

Banned
    Somewhere between South Eden and North Utopia
    Post Count
    iOS 5.1.1 on a gen 1 iPad. I can't get more than 2 or 3 hits in during a raid without crashing. Trying to go from my kingdom to any map causes a crash 75% of the time. I have forcefully closed down all apps and rebooted the device several times. That used to help the crash issue, however marginally, but it no longer has any effect. I also crash on starting the app 1 in 5 times.

These crashes aren't new to me but 2.0 is a hundred times worse than the previous version as far as thses crashes go.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Exactly my problem with same thing as well!
    -j

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Gree, iPad one users are, almost by definition, among your most loyal customers. You have royally shafted us with 2.0

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I have a first gen IPad and have a few tips to help gameplay. Once you have synced with iTunes and have the newest version of iOS. The game could be crashing because your computer/iPad does not have enough memory to support what is being presented onscreen.

First close out all windows in Safari, I for one have days where I leave open five or six pages and toggle between pages. This could be using some resources that would be better served in your kingdom.

Next go to settings--->general--->spotlight search. There deselect everything except what you consider essential, mine only has email and apps.

Again settings--->general--->safari. Clear cache,clear history,clear cookies. This one helps a bunch, some websites leave a bunch of crap that bogs down your system.

Finally, double tap your home button, the round indent that has a square on it. That will pop up all the apps you are currently running. Hold down any of the apps until they shake and red minus signs appear above all. Select all apps you are not using. Press your home button again.

Now the game should run much better and crash less often. I have a first generation iPad for my LLP and it's mostly playable. Yes, most times I open the game the splash screens are messed up and I need to close and re open. Once in certain maps are hard to get to. If going direct to a map crashes, go to lanibods crypt first, for some reason I can go anywhere from that map.

Hope this helps everyone.