Request to GREE to enable booting during WD

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Request to GREE to enable booting during WD

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Request to GREE to enable booting during WD

The higher tier factions should face this issue, not only us.

We're initiating a request to GREE to make it possible to boot players during WD.

Some players will promise heaven and earth to join a faction and can perform during FvF and even donate in game cash generously but when it comes to WD the promise of gold / pledge of points can go out the window and the faction is unable to do anything about this.

The game is tough enough at a competitive level with gold being being bought and put into use. To literally carry dead weight is to introduce an ersatz human dynamic into the game which makes strategies untenable given that we can't physically strangle players who promise 'A' and deliver 'a' since faction rankings in WD are a sum of the parts.

Please do consider allowing this option to exist GREE. Thank you for your consideration.
    mmmmm, the world is ending?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

...................?

I need 3 more post to make a thread

Post Count
    It would be a great option to boot someone during a war so you get a bump from me. Even if gree takes away any points they made (like they do in fvf) since they hardly make any it won't be a great loss.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Hahaah this will never happen

Banned
    Post Count
    Or... you could simply join a faction where everybody contributes (and get amazing prizes every war)...

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...lace-And-Top10

Banned
    Post Count
    If you boot within ten minutes after the war, they don't get the rewards.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    is that right baucoin?

Post Count
    Nope that is wrong, they still get the prizes
    I may not be your daddy, but I will still spank you.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Vet your members weeks before war time. See how they play. How they participate. How they communicate. How they donate. If you're happy with that then you have to take a chance during war time. If you're unhappy then kick them before the war begins if necessary. There is a lot of trust involved, even in this on-line community. Gaining that trust comes thru time playing with other players. That's the best you can do.

I disagree with booting members during war. In my old faction I was one of our first officers, for 8-10 months, and by far our most active officer (most active member period). I had a minor (yes, minor) disagreement with our leader and he dictatorially kicked me (a story for another day, many of our members were pissed off, but I'm currently in a close-to-top-50 faction, so maybe a good move in retrospect). If we had had that disagreement during the war he could have kicked me then and there. That would not have been fair.

The game mechanics themselves make the faction leader the ruler of your world. They can do everything. Officers can only accept requests and delete forum posts. YAY!!! The leader has it all, and there isn't a damned thing anyone else can do about it (hence my statement above about him being dictatorial). They have enough power as it is. Don't add more.

Post Count
    There have been times earlier in war events when guys were randomly declaring wars and I would have loved to have the option. At this point, nobody really does that anymore at least in better teams. I think the downside of carrying a couple guys that don't pull weight are pretty minor. Unless you could somehow also replace them. But I think having teams locked makes sense - they may free ride off you once, but then they're gone.

Snipe
    High Aces Faction - Top 150
    -19% Casualty Rate
    -26% Health Regen Time
    +20% Ground Attack
    +15% Air Attack
    +30% Infantry Attack
    +15% Sea Attack
    +30% Infantry Defense
    +30% Ground Defense
    +30% Air Defense
    +30% Sea Defense
    +30% Building Defense
    +30% Building Output
    +36 Guild Member Increase (56 total)
    *** Always looking for new, active fighters. Min A/D 400k. ***

High Aces faction ID 859 033 047
    I accept all alliance requests. Snipe alliance ID is 283 145 055.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by warrends View Post
    Vet your members weeks before war time. See how they play. How they participate. How they communicate. How they donate. If you're happy with that then you have to take a chance during war time. If you're unhappy then kick them before the war begins if necessary. There is a lot of trust involved, even in this on-line community. Gaining that trust comes thru time playing with other players. That's the best you can do.

I disagree with booting members during war. In my old faction I was one of our first officers, for 8-10 months, and by far our most active officer (most active member period). I had a minor (yes, minor) disagreement with our leader and he dictatorially kicked me (a story for another day, many of our members were pissed off, but I'm currently in a close-to-top-50 faction, so maybe a good move in retrospect). If we had had that disagreement during the war he could have kicked me then and there. That would not have been fair.

The game mechanics themselves make the faction leader the ruler of your world. They can do everything. Officers can only accept requests and delete forum posts. YAY!!! The leader has it all, and there isn't a damned thing anyone else can do about it (hence my statement above about him being dictatorial). They have enough power as it is. Don't add more.
    Sorry to hear of your experience but yes, we've heard of dictators aplenty.

We run democratically. Recruitment takes a quorum of 7 votes by 14 officers and so does booting. And even if we get a quorum of 7 an officer can still speak up for the member but that takes 2 officers. We rotate leadership among the more active officers and none of us really wants that stupid star next to our name so we can't wait till the next fella is IT! LOL

To date we've only ever booted 2 forum trolls who show up all the time and yak while advising others how to use their gold but never gold themselves or constantly have their devices 'locked up' by mothers / wives.

Brought us from 500 to T25 this system did and we're trying to keep it that way.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    There have been times earlier in war events when guys were randomly declaring wars and I would have loved to have the option. At this point, nobody really does that anymore at least in better teams. I think the downside of carrying a couple guys that don't pull weight are pretty minor. Unless you could somehow also replace them. But I think having teams locked makes sense - they may free ride off you once, but then they're gone.

Snipe
    I see the sense in that but a free ride leads to possibly nicer stats since they ride off the T50s ... then someone else gets the crap and they simply change IGN and keep going until they become a super stats player who actually did almost nothing the entire time. The the crap keeps rolling around. That's why there's a deadbeat's list going on to ID these players.

Prominent Poet
    “An unexamined life is not worth living.”- Socrates
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Well, it could get into a problem 4 those dat do contribute. What id he was in a top 75 faction and was able to score 250k WD points and at 2:58 PM est, he gets booted? It could go very wrong...
    Carnage Evolution 💪🏻

Post Count

Fazhang

If they boarded the plane for the trip...they should return on the flight home.
    Except for Fazhang aka Alan, he should be kicked 30 seconds before the plane takes off.
    - Yeah baby I like it raw. -

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Baby Jesus View Post
    If they boarded the plane for the trip...they should return on the flight home.
    Except for Fazhang aka Alan, he should be kicked 30 seconds before the plane takes off.
    he's on the list Big Baby!

and yes, we are planning to boot "30 seconds before the plane takes off" as you so eloquently put it if he every comes our way again under a different name which he has already but that was pre-Canada.