New update has caused game problems - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New update has caused game problems

Quote Originally Posted by Travers View Post
    Not to rush anyone or anything, but when will the issue be fixed? Thanks
    No ETA yet, we're still unraveling the whole thing.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleR7 View Post
    Can you read? Just curious.

They. Are. Working. On. The. Issue.
    Hey mate, I work in IT... I feel their pain... Just making sure they know all the issues...

If they said: We are working on the following issues (list of issues) people would probably actually be content vs. canned response of " We are working on the issue". People always dislike the unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by SHUFFLER_DAVE View Post
    Hey mate, I work in IT... I feel their pain... Just making sure they know all the issues...

If they said: We are working on the following issues (list of issues) people would probably actually be content vs. canned response of " We are working on the issue". People always dislike the unknown.
    It's actually pretty rare to have this many things being reported at once within the same short timespawn, so it took us a bit to even get the list together with any reliability and start tracking things down (some of them appear to have different causes that just happened to pop at the same time).

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Burn it to the ground let's start from scratch.
    Hey look a banana.

Consistent Contributor Deuces914135880's Avatar
    Post Count

its obvious now that all the glitches are symptoms of different problems. if people had the brains to post:
    1. exactly what problem they are experiencing and explaining it
    2. what version, build and dataset they have
    then it would be a lot easier for them to resolve the issues.
    making threads where people are going nuts and say things like "nothing is working. I cant acces. I cant rob" etc arent making things easy for them. they obviously need to know exactly what is not working

It's okay guys, it's normal for people to post all over the place when a lot is going on and it is also normal to want things more organized (I appreciate all the people who have been pointing others in the right direction).

We (over here) should have hopped on the forum communication earlier; we got too caught up in the wave of tickets/passing that info to the other teams (it was a pretty big wave). I apologize for that delay.

Lurker
    Post Count
    It appears that all the problems have also kicked out our leader and it has done such a number on him that his hood cannot be visited... His name is Mcqueen and he belongs in syndicate 347790867...

On a side note: If you are going to repeatedly screw up the syndicates you really need to auto add all the members of our syndicates to our personal mafia automatically... We need to have a way to contact everyone after you mess then up to get them back in... It is really a good thing we no longer rely on the in game forum to communicate, that would have royally screwed us twice now.
    GREE has responded to a message the was opened...Apparently there was server connectivity issue that is now resolved... I can get to his hood now. He should be able to request to be a member again... Kinda funny that he has to request to get back into the syndicate that he was leader of... Good thing we like the guy or we could leave him as member... LOL

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    It's okay guys, it's normal for people to post all over the place when a lot is going on and it is also normal to want things more organized (I appreciate all the people who have been pointing others in the right direction).

We (over here) should have hopped on the forum communication earlier; we got too caught up in the wave of tickets/passing that info to the other teams (it was a pretty big wave). I apologize for that delay.
    This is why you can not let A&F vacation.
    Hey look a banana.

Post Count
    Like most players, I am having major issues that will be fixed soon I'm sure. The problem is I have a camper in my hood now that is robbing be blind.
    Sol Invictus - top 25

GREE Engineering
    Post Count
    We've identified what's causing the issue (some stuff with character encoding, which is causing the server to reject commands the app it sending it - long story).

Debug and repair work ongoing.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    A developer and an engineer in one thread? The maya... were right just wrong about the date
    Hey look a banana.

Post Count
    thanks for the updates Jerle
    Sol Invictus - top 25

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerle View Post
    We've identified what's causing the issue (some stuff with character encoding, which is causing the server to reject commands the app it sending it - long story).

Debug and repair work ongoing.

Is this also the reason why I haven't been able to log in since the update?

Post Count
    Anyone else having issues with their collection times becoming out of sync? Only half of my 24/48hr buildings popped up when they were supposed to. The rest popped up 2 hours later.
    Blackwidow - Level 200

GREE Engineering
    Post Count
    This issue will have caused...all sorts of random havoc. Banking, questing, logins, etc.

We just pushed a fix and saw error count go WAY down, so these issues should start clearing up. The confluence of encoding change + new app version + new LTQs made for very tricky debugging - lots going on today so it's possible there's still something small going on. Let us know.